FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Need North West iowa hot spots  (Read 3784 times)

NW Iowa Fisher

Need North West iowa hot spots
« on: Jun 27, 2007, 12:23 AM »
I live in pocahontas and i just turned 16!!!!!  And i have really been itching to go out and catch a ton of fish but i don't have a boat and i dont know where they are biting at so any information on anything would be great and im really hoping that some one can help me out.  Good Fishing and tight lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

original_iceman

• What do you mean there is no beer left???!!!
Re: Need North West iowa hot spots
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2007, 07:50 AM »
I used to live over that area of the state several years ago...  I used to head over to Storm Lake and fish off of shore there.  I had good luck catching some of the white bass and even some cats too.  I never did catch any walleyes out of that lake but I know there are a lot of them in there.  Anyways, that would be my suggestion...  I know it is a little ways away from Pokey but it may be worth the trip!!   ;)

Good Luck!

NW Iowa Fisher

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2007, 12:45 AM »
hey thanks for the advice what did you use and where did you go?  do you fish brushy creek?

original_iceman

• What do you mean there is no beer left???!!!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2007, 03:36 PM »
I never fished Brushy at all while I lived there...  When I did go to Storm Lake I used either a white or a yellow twister tail on a jig head.  I used to fish on the north end of the lake where they have an area made for people to fish from the shore.  I don't remember what they called that area as it has been a few years ago for me.  Anyways, good luck!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.