FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: another one to migrate here from iceshanty  (Read 6162 times)

Skipper4080

• Pay attention to the planer,don't you miss em'
Re: another one to migrate here from iceshanty
« Reply #15 on: Mar 11, 2009, 01:12 PM »
Well got the stuff put away,it'll be Raystown stripers instead this weekend gotta get the cast net ready :thumbup_smilie:
                                                                        Skipper
Never get excited,there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is!!

salmonrebel

• "YOU HAVE TO KILL IT!...TO GRILL IT!"
« Reply #16 on: Mar 11, 2009, 01:41 PM »
SR i was on jean yesterday by the island ice was 9-10" one good step got me on safe ice. I am going to go up and check it this afternoon. I may be there this weekend if it is still good.
Thanks, Btechvft70. Keep us posted if your up there.

SalmonRebel. :tipup:
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

salmonrebel

« Reply #17 on: Mar 11, 2009, 01:45 PM »
Well got the stuff put away,it'll be Raystown stripers instead this weekend gotta get the cast net ready :thumbup_smilie:
                                                                        Skipper
Do you do well on the stripers out on Raystown?
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

Skipper4080

« Reply #18 on: Mar 11, 2009, 08:13 PM »
Once you find them they are not real hard,need lots of fresh bait though,if they are busting the surface cotton cordel ripplin redfins work VERY well.
Never get excited,there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is!!

salmonrebel

« Reply #19 on: Mar 11, 2009, 08:49 PM »
Once you find them they are not real hard,need lots of fresh bait though,if they are busting the surface cotton cordel ripplin redfins work VERY well.
Sounds good Skipper.
Me, and the Rebelfisher were talkin' about takin' his boat up the Pack to try to get into some. We've never fished for them. We were going to try to get out last year, but never made it.
Keep us posted if you get into them.

woodfolks

• woodfolks.com
« Reply #20 on: Mar 11, 2009, 09:04 PM »
Just came over to this site myself
seems like a lot of us are comming over

Skipper4080

« Reply #21 on: Mar 11, 2009, 09:58 PM »
Sounds good Skipper.
Me, and the Rebelfisher were talkin' about takin' his boat up the Pack to try to get into some. We've never fished for them. We were going to try to get out last year, but never made it.
Keep us posted if you get into them.

Wanted to do panfish at Sayers but my neighbor started talking stripers I've caught them 12 months out of the year just harder to catch bait now may have buy a half dozen rainbow trout at Snyders  Run bait shop instead live trout work very well at times.

Skipper4080

« Reply #22 on: Mar 11, 2009, 10:21 PM »
Salmonrebel,
                      I envy you being close to Lake Ontario went for 18 years when I lived in eastern,pa(Allentown) area,when gas prices went up cause of you know who.That killed it for us,still have the Grady White and all that gear,might get up to Rochester sometime bout 4 hrs. from there now.Now live in NC Pa.

dogas

« Reply #23 on: Mar 13, 2009, 07:28 AM »
Hello Im here from the shanty also hope to get as much imf. here as there  THANKS 4 HAVING ME :thumbup_smilie: :flag:
If U go fishing Im going shopping BYE. She shops alot

geothefisher

• OPEN WATER!
« Reply #24 on: Mar 13, 2009, 07:38 AM »
Welcome aboard Dogas!  Open water is just around the corner, and this is THE place to be!!!  Well, except for on the water!   Tightlines to you!
It doesn't matter if you are trolling, casting, drop-shotting, flipping, pitching or jigging.  Just as long as you are FISHING!!!!   NAFC Life Member

ingakick73

« Reply #25 on: Mar 13, 2009, 10:34 AM »
New to MFF and going to sayers this weekend to bring back my first fish posting on MFF...I am a member over at IS ...cant wait to gain the wealth of knowledge from MFF that i found at IS

Good Fishin'

ingakick73

« Reply #26 on: Mar 13, 2009, 10:35 AM »
Oh and i need one more post for lake reports  ;D  ;D  ;D   ;D  ;D  ;D

digger053

• just do it
« Reply #27 on: Mar 14, 2009, 04:21 AM »
welcome aboard inga ;D ;D ;D

salmonrebel

« Reply #28 on: Mar 14, 2009, 03:39 PM »
Salmonrebel,
                      I envy you being close to Lake Ontario went for 18 years when I lived in eastern,pa(Allentown) area,when gas prices went up cause of you know who.That killed it for us,still have the Grady White and all that gear,might get up to Rochester sometime bout 4 hrs. from there now.Now live in NC Pa.

I've been going up there for 25 yrs. now. Started going up there with an older couple that a family friend knew. Went out with them for the first few years. They gave me and my father a good schooling on the trolling up there. My father bought a boat after that, and been going ever since on his boat. He's had a 24ft. Thompson the last 10 yrs. Once or twice a year, me and Rebelfisher go out on a friend's boat as well. I'm hoping by next year I will be purchasing my own boat for up there. This year my funds are going to be pretty tight. I don't think I'm going to get up there much this year. I will be there the rest of my life though. To me, there's nothing I like more than that.

Skipper4080

« Reply #29 on: Mar 14, 2009, 08:53 PM »
Yea my wife asks me now and again if I miss going up there answer-Hell yea I miss it. But Raystown is 1 hour away and stripers are not a bad compromise.Don't have the funds,kids are going to college that is more important now they need all the help they can get.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.