FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NE Kingdom report  (Read 8838 times)

stripergirl

Re: NE Kingdom report
« Reply #15 on: Nov 11, 2004, 02:52 PM »
hey all...celebrated my birthday last week...got what every woman needs and wants!!!  a 2 man portable shanty!!  look out this winter.  finally going to hit willoughby

Little Brown Dog

« Reply #16 on: Nov 20, 2004, 05:26 PM »
Way to go striper girl!  Those portables are great!  Maybe I'll run into you sometime this winter!  Just missed you last year on Chittenden.

Hilltopper

« Reply #17 on: Apr 25, 2005, 02:06 PM »
Brought my boat to Walt in Holland, VT this weekend (Saturday) for service. Lake Seymour was still close to completely iced in. Echo Lake was about 2/3 ice-free. Lake Willoughby is ice-free. Crystal Lake looked ice-free except there may have been some ice down by the access/south side...couldn't quite tell. Met one mean mother of a partridge...drove by it and she ran at the truck. Must have had some little ones nearby. See ya on the water!

stripergirl

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 08:54 AM »
Greetings everyone.... any reports from the GNE?  Making the trip up next weekend for some fishing and golf..great combination!   hope everyone is well!
jan

Fish Farmer

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2005, 07:36 PM »
What course are you going to play?

stripergirl

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2005, 06:57 AM »
St j.     AKA  bring lots of golf balls!

Hilltopper

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2005, 08:52 AM »
Yup, definitely bring a few golf balls. Shouldn't need too many on the front nine, but the back nine is a different story!

stripergirl

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2005, 07:43 AM »
The weather is looking dismal for this weekend...anyone been fishing up north with reports?

Hilltopper

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2005, 09:45 AM »
I'll be doing some Brookie fishing on a small NEK pond on Saturday regardless of the weather (I refuse to let the weather trap me indoors for another weekend!). I'll report on Monday.

Hilltopper

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2005, 08:59 AM »
Fished a trout pond Saturday with a friend. We trolled Hornbergs, Little Brown Trout, and Grey Ghosts on sinking fly line. Each of us caught a nice brookie, missed a few hits each, and I had one spit the fly at the boat. The fish I caught was a beautiful hook-jawed male 15" long and 1.8 lbs in weight (the one I lost appeared to be about the same size). My friend caught a big female that was 17.75" long and 2.5 lbs in weight. If I had time (or knew how!) to post a couple pictures I would...

stripergirl

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2005, 06:42 AM »
Hilltopper, I love how you just say a "trout pond"   very covert!   glad to hear you had some action especially on flies.  That is my favorite mode.  Can't wait to get up there.  How's the course?

Hilltopper

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2005, 07:57 AM »
You know how it is...the smaller the pond the more covert you need to be...especially one that commonly produces brookies that size! Haven't played the course yet this year. The 18th fairway looks like it has a lot of winter kill.

Hilltopper

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2005, 08:53 AM »
Fished Crystal Lake with a couple of friends on Saturday. Boated 9 Rainbows and 1 Laker. All Rainbows 10" to 11" and the Laker a whopping 10". The lake must have been recently stocked as the hits were numerous and the Rainbows still seemed to be "learning" how to properly attack a baitfish...lot of small bumps resulting in missed hits. This lake provides some great action but very little in the way of size.

stripergirl

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2005, 06:54 AM »
We always stop there on our NE adventure with the same results.   The thing I remember last time at the access was the mosquitoes!  Aircraft carriers.  The NE Kingdom always is a fun place to visit...you never know what to expect up there.  Hopefully this weekend.   

Hilltopper

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2005, 11:20 AM »
Got skunked at Willoughby on Saturday. Fished the last 3 hours of daylight. Marked a ton og bait on game fish on the NW shoreline. Dragged a ton of harware right through them. Very frustrating. Water temp still real cold...45 to 48 degrees. Tough lake to consistently catch fish on......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.