FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: GOBIES  (Read 10960 times)

Mainehazmt

Re: GOBIES
« Reply #60 on: Jul 20, 2009, 10:35 AM »
serious  question to maine  if you guys  don't like perch why don't you  either donate them to  either game clubs  for buffets  or  food banks  or  sell them like they do here in new york ????? i'm just wondering why the hatered, not tring to get anyone  upset  i just know  there is a market for them,if ya sell them ya  get rid of  them , make gas money , plus they don't  go to waste  someone eats them ???
well ya cant sell them for 1    2  nobody would buy em    3  usually they are infested with parasites     they are just like your gobies up here..     bait at 8 buck a doz   sure dont want the perch to feed on em
I am a Proud Veteran I am Not a Terrorist!

KingPerch

« Reply #61 on: Jul 20, 2009, 12:02 PM »
These fish are amazing, but absolute pests for sure.  After they first appeared in Erie, I was drifting and jigging 2 oz. Rattle Snakie Spoons, lures 4" long, and caught several gobies on them.  I couldn't believe it!  We were jigging aggressively too, 2-4' jig/drops too.

Anyway, looks like they're here to stay in the Great Lakes.  Let's hope that they don't spread elsewhere.
Your post caught my attention! where can I find those rattle snakie spoons? They have been a favorite of mine for a number of years, but recently lost my last one and can't seem to find them locally anymore. HELP a brother out!!! Thanks for your input in advance.--KingPerch
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

RLWagner

• Rock-Bassin-Assasin!
« Reply #62 on: Jul 20, 2009, 12:47 PM »

Gobi caught this past weekend on Sagnasty Bay.. trolling a Walleye spoon.....
Look...Is it a plane? train? a speeding bullet? ...No...it's a Rock Bass!http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u61/RLWagner/th_5d7a43d1.jpg[/img][/URL]

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #63 on: Jul 20, 2009, 02:09 PM »
amazing  here  there  sought after maine  and a big market  from here  west to indiana that i know of,are the parisates  the  grubs  we have them here too but they seem to cycle , funny when i was a kid i can remeber  seeing people tossing crappies on the ice  for the gulls  calling them a trash fish! 45 years later it's one of the  high  prized fish , my only suggestion is keep in mind what you toss on the ice  now  might be the very fish your  grandchildern will be seeking ! enough preaching , just wondering  because i fish trout here too  can you set up  to help avoid perch!!!!! and if you really need  snagger  perchking and i can come  for perch management  to help you guys out! and  well take you out to catch 15 to 20 lb lakers after :)
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Mainehazmt

« Reply #64 on: Jul 20, 2009, 02:19 PM »
lol  no limit on them nasty perch up here  so your welcome to them    people would applaud youif you came and took a few hundred out of the local lakes   this photos was of just a couple of hours    at the end of last years season  lol

KingPerch

« Reply #65 on: Jul 20, 2009, 02:50 PM »
amazing  here  there  sought after maine  and a big market  from here  west to indiana that i know of,are the parisates  the  grubs  we have them here too but they seem to cycle , funny when i was a kid i can remeber  seeing people tossing crappies on the ice  for the gulls  calling them a trash fish! 45 years later it's one of the  high  prized fish , my only suggestion is keep in mind what you toss on the ice  now  might be the very fish your  grandchildern will be seeking ! enough preaching , just wondering  because i fish trout here too  can you set up  to help avoid perch!!!!! and if you really need  snagger  perchking and i can come  for perch management  to help you guys out! and  well take you out to catch 15 to 20 lb lakers after :)
Trap, Look at all those tasty looking "PERCH", For a guy who doesn't like "PERCH" he sure caught a bunch of them!!!!!!!!!! Wanna take bets that he fried and ate them!!!!!! ;D--KingPerch

Mainehazmt

« Reply #66 on: Jul 20, 2009, 03:02 PM »
Trap, Look at all those tasty looking "PERCH", For a guy who doesn't like "PERCH" he sure caught a bunch of them!!!!!!!!!! Wanna take bets that he fried and ate them!!!!!! ;D--KingPerch
didnt know the foxes and eagles had a way to cook!never saw a stove in an eagles nest

KingPerch

« Reply #67 on: Jul 20, 2009, 04:25 PM »
didnt know the foxes and eagles had a way to cook!never saw a stove in an eagles nest
That's funny right there  :rotflol: :w00t:

trapper2000

« Reply #68 on: Jul 20, 2009, 04:33 PM »
start packin  perch! snagger you in? were  going to maine  , the perch have over run the  lake trout waters!! it is our  job to help these  poor guys out! ps  maine ya can have any lake trout i catch ! i promise!!!!!!

KingPerch

« Reply #69 on: Jul 20, 2009, 04:38 PM »
start packin  perch! snagger you in? were  going to maine  , the perch have over run the  lake trout waters!! it is our  job to help these  poor guys out! ps  maine ya can have any lake trout i catch ! i promise!!!!!!
I packed 2 hours ago!!!!LOL SNAGGER might want in on this!  MAINE can have the trout, MMMMMMMMMMMMM... PERCH!!! ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #70 on: Jul 20, 2009, 04:39 PM »
I packed 2 hours ago!!!!LOL SNAGGER might want in on this!  MAINE can have the trout, MMMMMMMMMMMMM... PERCH!!! ;D
Oh Yeah, I'm not going unless we can catch some gobies!!! :w00t:

trapper2000

« Reply #71 on: Jul 20, 2009, 04:54 PM »
god  perch they might give us those nasty perch but ya  can't  expect them to  spin us on  good  gobie fishing!!!!!!!!

Mainehazmt

« Reply #72 on: Jul 21, 2009, 07:53 AM »
by leaving the perch on the ice we here in Maine have effectively feed the bald eagle enough so that it has been removed from the endangered species list!
 Here is the quote from Maine Inland fisheries and wildlife!

http://www.maine.gov/ifw/news_events/pressreleases/2009/05-24-09.htm

PURPOSE: “A Celebration of Recovery.”

In 1978, the Bald Eagle was first recognized as an Endangered Species in Maine and 42 other states. At the time, about 20 nesting pairs resided in Maine, primarily along the coast, and only one other nesting pair lived in the Northeast, and that was in New York.

Approximately 10 years later, the state mandated further protections to protect Bald Eagles and other endangered species in Maine.

The Bald Eagle is the first species to be removed from Maine’s Endangered and Threatened Species List, the result of solid species management plans that have restored Bald Eagle populations to more than 475 nesting pairs now in all 16 Maine counties.

The legislation to be signed by Gov. John Baldacci will remove the Bald Eagle from the list, but it includes protections that ensure that the Bald Eagle population in Maine continues to thrive.

trapper2000

« Reply #73 on: Jul 21, 2009, 08:08 AM »
 LOL MAINE I DON'T THINK IT WAS  JUST FROM LEAVING PERCH ON THE ICE LOL  BUT I AM  GLAD YOUR  EAGLE POPULATION IS REBOUNDING , OURS IS TOO AND   I THINK THERES  MORE ENVORIMENTAL REASONS THEN SIMPLE A FREE MEAL OF PERCH, HATS OFF TO MAINE  FOR  THERE COMMENTMENT TO THE EAGLE!!!!!  P.S. I'M WILLING TO SUPPLY   GOBIES  FOR EAGLES ,RACCOONS , POSSIUMS, RATS ,  GARDEN FERTILAZER........ ETC ETC ETC

KingPerch

« Reply #74 on: Jul 21, 2009, 08:52 AM »
LOL MAINE I DON'T THINK IT WAS  JUST FROM LEAVING PERCH ON THE ICE LOL  BUT I AM  GLAD YOUR  EAGLE POPULATION IS REBOUNDING , OURS IS TOO AND   I THINK THERES  MORE ENVORIMENTAL REASONS THEN SIMPLE A FREE MEAL OF PERCH, HATS OFF TO MAINE  FOR  THERE COMMENTMENT TO THE EAGLE!!!!!  P.S. I'M WILLING TO SUPPLY   GOBIES  FOR EAGLES ,RACCOONS , POSSIUMS, RATS ,  GARDEN FERTILAZER........ ETC ETC ETC
:clapping: :w00t: :thumbup_smilie:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.