FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: THE BIG D.  (Read 53078 times)

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
Re: THE BIG D.
« Reply #120 on: Jun 09, 2012, 09:11 PM »
wired are you still fishing down around whre you have been fishing?  Or have you ventured north.  I was thinking of going to the Zane grey fishing access to take my old man out for some shad.  was really hoping to get him some shad.  Our other option is going to milford ad fishing there. 

thanks for the info in advance. we're going out in the morning.

wiredstone

« Reply #121 on: Jun 10, 2012, 06:40 AM »
They should be up there. And yes I was in the same area. An old timer told me ,he gets them there until mid june. Seeing more dead ones and sea lice now. Still some fresh fish to fight. They are up at the tri-state marker, but not like down here.  ::) I might take a ride up today. ;)
wooo fish on. Never mind

lehigh vally

« Reply #122 on: Jun 10, 2012, 07:28 AM »
I wish I had your camera that day. The sky was on fire that day.
real nice color...i tried to call Glen this weekend no responce yet   :-\

wiredstone

« Reply #123 on: Jun 10, 2012, 04:13 PM »
Took the wife for a ride today.Not to many shad up north. We did find some nice land in Narrowsburg .Water is low and clear.

wooo fish on. Never mind

lehigh vally

« Reply #124 on: Jun 10, 2012, 05:35 PM »
nice pic's Wired were all go in north next weekend u in :-\

wiredstone

« Reply #125 on: Jun 10, 2012, 06:29 PM »
Got things going on the next 3 weeks down here. Remember Duffys PARTY ON THE 29TH
wooo fish on. Never mind

lehigh vally

« Reply #126 on: Jun 10, 2012, 06:33 PM »
Got things going on the next 3 weeks down here. Remember Duffys PARTY ON THE 29TH
i didn't hear from him yet about directions...are you staying for the day or over night

wiredstone

« Reply #127 on: Jun 10, 2012, 07:04 PM »
Friday and Sat. night
wooo fish on. Never mind

fishgalore

« Reply #128 on: Jun 11, 2012, 04:35 PM »
Fishgalore and I went out for shad and walleyes today. No waleye but the shad liked my swim bait. Went 10 for 12 on shad. Slowing down ,but still plenty of shad in the river.

Wired smoked me this past outing he caught lots more than I. I went 1-2 on shad and 0-0 on anything else. The plan was to fish for Walleye. I tried just about everything except to fish at night on the Big D even though we went at the break of day and were the 1st on the water near our location.

Fished overnight for Walleye and Hybrids on Lake Hopatcong Saturday into Sunday. Mike had 2 Hybrids on, one to the boat (I saw it then it bee lined for weeds where it shook the hook. It was about 5-6 lbs) and the other broke him off and took the Zara Spook. There was plenty of top water noise we just weren't on 'em. Another bud lost a 30" Waldo at the boat the same night, same lake.

Mike & I switched to smaller fish along the shore in the am and hammered, Crappie (White & Black), Perch, Sunfish, a couple LM Bass, one tiny Smallie and a few Rock Bass.  Lots of fun for about 3 hrs.

wiredstone

« Reply #129 on: Jun 11, 2012, 05:30 PM »
Always a good time with you buddy. I think many of the shad stayed down low this year. Not much going on in the north.
wooo fish on. Never mind

Dark Cloud

« Reply #130 on: Jun 11, 2012, 05:43 PM »
Always a good time with you buddy. I think many of the shad stayed down low this year. Not much going on in the north.

2 weeks ago I ran into a large pod of hungry shad well north of Callicoon. Last weekend a buddy got a few also. Always hit and miss for us up north. I havnt been on the river like normal though this year... The walleye action has been decent and the troutin has been real good...  8)
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

chez

« Reply #131 on: Jun 12, 2012, 07:46 AM »
weired to here they are up north this late but true.my son caught 2 fishing for trout saturday at loardsville.

wiredstone

« Reply #132 on: Jun 12, 2012, 05:35 PM »
All I can say is the Gap area was great this year. Plenty of 5 and 6lbers
wooo fish on. Never mind

dmntd169

« Reply #133 on: Jun 17, 2012, 03:55 PM »
floated from Poxono and the Water Gap this morning with 2 buddies....its ridiculous the number of shad in the river....I think we went maybe 3 minutes without having 1 under the yaks and in many spots we saw 40 or 50 schooled up like bunker but none of us brought any shad gear figuring they'd be few and far between  :-\

did manage a half dozen eyes between us with only 1 keeper and a few smallies, rockbass, fallfish, and a channel cat
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

wiredstone

« Reply #134 on: Jun 17, 2012, 06:33 PM »
floated from Poxono and the Water Gap this morning with 2 buddies....its ridiculous the number of shad in the river....I think we went maybe 3 minutes without having 1 under the yaks and in many spots we saw 40 or 50 schooled up like bunker but none of us brought any shad gear figuring they'd be few and far between  :-\

did manage a half dozen eyes between us with only 1 keeper and a few smallies, rockbass, fallfish, and a channel cat
It has been a blast. My daughter told me yesterday at Worthington , there where fins all over. I got them on Swim baits last week. ;D
wooo fish on. Never mind

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.