FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: STOCKIE REPORT  (Read 11929 times)

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
Re: STOCKIE REPORT
« Reply #30 on: Apr 02, 2011, 09:21 PM »
a stockie is a stockie...dinkie and delicate!  :o   we really didnt see anything of size...who cares anyway, I dont fish for them fingerlings...I want their mommys and daddys! ;D
    A Country Boy can Survive!

draketrutta

« Reply #31 on: Apr 03, 2011, 10:04 AM »
We ice fished a trout lake this winter and put the trout in native stream for our boys,so no fighting a big crowd of most greedy fisherman.

Let me get this straight - in the first part of your post you bashd the PFC stocking practices and illustrated your disdain for the opening day crowds - which contain many youngsters (the future of the sport) enjoying their first fishing expedition with Dad or Gramps,
then,
in the next breath you boast of transplanting NON-NATIVE Aggressive fish into a NATIVE BROOK TROUT stream , just so YOUR BOYS can have it uninterrupted by the unwashed masses.

YOU sir - are a HYPOCRITE,

and according to Bugs Bunny, you are a Maroon Too !!

<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

dmntd169

« Reply #32 on: Apr 03, 2011, 10:11 AM »
Well the creek is already to go for the BIG opening day of trout season. I do have to say this they did put some nice trout in this year. Better then the years past. I know i had one trout that was some where around the 20" mark and a few that where in the upper teens like 16,17" range.

The creek i went to yesterday for the Southeast opener had a bunch of stockies you actually had to measure to see if they were even legal...I'd hate to see what it'd look like the PFBC stocked smaller fish instead of bigger fish  ::) ::) ::)

Let me get this straight - in the first part of your post you bashd the PFC stocking practices and illustrated your disdain for the opening day crowds - which contain many youngsters (the future of the sport) enjoying their first fishing expedition with Dad or Gramps,
then,
in the next breath you boast of transplanting NON-NATIVE Aggressive fish into a NATIVE BROOK TROUT stream , just so YOUR BOYS can have it uninterrupted by the unwashed masses.

YOU sir - are a HYPOCRITE,

and according to Bugs Bunny, you are a Maroon Too !!

Not to mention bucket stocking is ILLEGAL (and for MANY good reasons). I wouldn't exactly broadcast to the world i broke the law  ;) ;)
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

ICE REBEL

• MEATS MEAT AN A MANS GOTTA EAT
« Reply #33 on: Apr 03, 2011, 10:21 AM »
a stockie is a stockie...dinkie and delicate!  :o   we really didnt see anything of size...who cares anyway, I dont fish for them fingerlings...I want their mommys and daddys! ;D
Yeah your right who cares anyway you wont be standing in that creek on opening day. ;D You will be on the boat on the lake catching the same thing i will be catching in some creek somewhere. We were out there on opening day last year and didn't get a one big one. ::)

ICE REBEL

• MEATS MEAT AN A MANS GOTTA EAT
« Reply #34 on: Apr 03, 2011, 10:24 AM »
The creek i went to yesterday for the Southeast opener had a bunch of stockies you actually had to measure to see if they were even legal...I'd hate to see what it'd look like the PFBC stocked smaller fish instead of bigger fish  ::) ::) ::)

Not to mention bucket stocking is ILLEGAL (and for MANY good reasons). I wouldn't exactly broadcast to the world i broke the law  ;) ;)
Yeah i know i had a few in my basket that were like wow really but the most of them were decent.

JCFISH0314

« Reply #35 on: Apr 03, 2011, 10:37 AM »
I wish the fish commission would spend the money on fish that reproduce more in lakes.also we need to get rid of the first day of trout season,so there is no big rush of people at once ,to clean out the creek.Leave open all season like other states,stock streams unannounced if you want better fishing.Just my$.o2 worth.We ice fished a trout lake this winter and put the trout in native stream for our boys,so no fighting a big crowd of most greedy fisherman.

Transporting those fish was not the brightest idea, nor was announcing it amongst law abiding anglers.

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #36 on: Apr 03, 2011, 09:07 PM »
The differece between me in the boat and you in the creek is that the lake has a SUSTAINED trout population that grow to sizes that rival some of the trout in the great lakes...thats what Im after, and you're not going to find that opportunity in harveys creek. If you want to win big, you got to GO where the big boys are! Granted, we limit out with tiny stockies, but the chance is there for something WORTHWHILE.

Locnar

« Reply #37 on: Apr 05, 2011, 07:44 PM »
Opening day is essentially the same as going to the grocery store and buying some trout out of the case for dinner except you have to be there for hours to get your grocery basket filled. Opening day is good times for kids and old timers, I go occasionally for a nice meal untainted with pcbs or mercury, but thats it, I wait till late fall-winter for the real trout fishing to begin. My opening day is roughly Late November thats when the pigs are hungry in the streams of NE PA!

Rebelfisher

• Hook'em and Cook'em!!
« Reply #38 on: Apr 08, 2011, 06:02 PM »
openning day is almost upon us...cant wait to see this years bigger trout pics! :rotflol: :rotflol:
hopefully the rebel team will come home with some pigs!

dmntd169

« Reply #39 on: Apr 08, 2011, 08:20 PM »
openning day is almost upon us...cant wait to see this years bigger trout pics! :rotflol: :rotflol:

hope you have the garden prepped for the new fertilizer  :D :D   did you guys make it out to the Big D yet for eyes?

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
« Reply #40 on: Apr 08, 2011, 09:18 PM »
heard there were walleyes being caught as well as one report of somone getting a bunch of shad down in one of the gaps.  i think it was wind gap

dmntd169

« Reply #41 on: Apr 09, 2011, 07:12 AM »
heard there were walleyes being caught as well as one report of somone getting a bunch of shad down in one of the gaps.  i think it was wind gap

I'm gonna try to get my trailer fixed up today or tomorrow and go put a hurting on the eye population....haven't seen anyone launching at the water gap at all this year, wonder if they are starting to write tickets again  ???  I know the past few years they wouldn't write tickets until mid April down there

I know the shad are around, watched about a dozen blow past me last Saturday when I was eye fishing around Portland  ;) ;)

Skammer

« Reply #42 on: Apr 09, 2011, 07:23 AM »

Don't fergit to watch Pa. Outdoors on Sunday, Don Jacobs  :cookoo: is going to give you some tips on how to catch the BIG ONES! :wacko: :sick:
A FARTIN HORSE WILL NEVER TIRE & A FARTIN MAN IS THE MAN TO HIRE!!!!

draketrutta

« Reply #43 on: Apr 09, 2011, 08:38 AM »
Don't fergit to watch Pa. Outdoors on Sunday, Don Jacobs  :cookoo: is going to give you some tips on how to catch the BIG ONES! :wacko: :sick:

hahahahahaha

Is Don going to stop and get a triple-scoop of ice cream after fishing the stockies at Harvey's Creek?

<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

poconosfisher2

« Reply #44 on: Apr 09, 2011, 09:02 AM »
I'm gonna try to get my trailer fixed up today or tomorrow and go put a hurting on the eye population....haven't seen anyone launching at the water gap at all this year, wonder if they are starting to write tickets again  ???  I know the past few years they wouldn't write tickets until mid April down there

I know the shad are around, watched about a dozen blow past me last Saturday when I was eye fishing around Portland  ;) ;)

What were they writing tickets for at the gap?  launching there because of the sand and everything?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.