FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing for stocked trout, a question.  (Read 4462 times)

cdc

Re: Fishing for stocked trout, a question.
« Reply #30 on: Mar 30, 2010, 05:54 PM »
Just remember milk crates are owned by the milk company!!!!   I often find my company's in the back of contractor's trucks and just take them back, after dumping all their tools out!
You want more....I can get you a truck load a day ;)

nh fishin fool

« Reply #31 on: Mar 30, 2010, 07:43 PM »
You want more....I can get you a truck load a day ;)

Better not be the red ones.......lol

JustOsmo

« Reply #32 on: Apr 04, 2010, 08:03 AM »
Quick Question, is it ok to use snap swivels? I made some leaders last night for fun cause I was bored using a surgeons loop on one end and putting a size 14 treble at the end. About 2 1/2 to 3  feet long each. I was planning on having them to hook onto the snap swivel. But if its better to not use one then I wont. I can just tie it right onto the swivel instead.

Litchfield Fisher

• maine brookie
« Reply #33 on: Apr 04, 2010, 09:21 AM »
Quick Question, is it ok to use snap swivels? I made some leaders last night for fun cause I was bored using a surgeons loop on one end and putting a size 14 treble at the end. About 2 1/2 to 3  feet long each. I was planning on having them to hook onto the snap swivel. But if its better to not use one then I wont. I can just tie it right onto the swivel instead.
I use snap swivels for all most all my fishing, I still catch trout

Corporal Punishment

« Reply #34 on: Apr 04, 2010, 11:51 AM »
I never use swivels!!!!I see some guys use a swivel for trout almost as big as there bait/lure,I just laugh and keep fishing......

CoreyL302

« Reply #35 on: Apr 04, 2010, 11:55 AM »
you can use them osmo. Just keep them atleast a foot and a half away. Your rigs sound perfect. Tight lines

Corporal Punishment

« Reply #36 on: Apr 04, 2010, 12:42 PM »
you can use them osmo. Just keep them atleast a foot and a half away. Your rigs sound perfect. Tight lines

Agree with that,just not off the hook/lure!!!I have had stockies even hit my splitshots a foot away from my hook...

CoreyL302

« Reply #37 on: Apr 04, 2010, 12:58 PM »
100% Agreed..."not off the hook/lure!!!I have had stockies even hit my splitshots a foot away from my hook..." I had a 3+lb rainbow break off in the rocks and follow a splitshot all the way up to the boat. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.