FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Electric filet knife  (Read 15625 times)

GemCitySlayer

Re: Electric filet knife
« Reply #45 on: Mar 28, 2012, 10:07 PM »
Mr. Twister :D

robbi

« Reply #46 on: Apr 16, 2012, 10:08 PM »
My son bought me an electric Berkley High Performance model last year........Walleye, pike, perch an the occasional trout.......Love It.......The kids always seem to bring me up on technology......LOL

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #47 on: Apr 17, 2012, 03:12 PM »
The ol' American Angler electric knife is usually around ten bucks at WalMart.

While I have heard a few gripes from others about them, I have ZERO complaints about mine.  I have had it at least four seasons now and it has held up excellent.  It gets a very regular "workout" and has not failed me yet.

I live right on a lake loaded with Crappie, Perch, Bluegill and Walleye, so the knife is in operation a few times each week in the warm weather months.  Typically 20 big bluegill at a time.  Zero issues.

It isn't rechargable or anything, just plugs into the wall.

Truth is, I like that better since I just walk the fish from the lake into the house and clean 'em there.

No batteries to die and replace.  And a corded knife won't leave you high and dry unless the power goes out  ;)
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

teampar

• "It is what it is"
« Reply #48 on: Apr 17, 2012, 03:37 PM »
Once you use the electric knife on a limit of perch/crappie you will be hooked. I also bring an inverter/fillet table with me in my truck so I can clean them right up after the boat is loaded! Works great.  8)

Houligan

« Reply #49 on: Apr 18, 2012, 04:16 PM »
Recently new to the forums and just found this.

I have been telling people about this since I first bought one way back when. If you have never tried one you owe it to yourself to give it a whirl. I now have four electric knives. One in the house and two for the field for ac and dc current. One has gator clips to use on the truck/boat battery and an adapter for the cig lighter. And one of my favorites for camping, back packing etc. is rechargeable battery.

From cleaning a limit of 50 perch to walleyes to the biggest strippers its the best time saver, making any fish cleaning job a snap.

Have burned up a few of the cheap models and tend to buy the mid to upper priced models. Have had the latest ones for over 10 years now and clean a lot of fish.

Have even filleted small brookies with them!

Cheers!

snelly

« Reply #50 on: Apr 23, 2012, 06:49 PM »
I took a buddy of mine to my favorite bluegill pond this past weekend and we hammered the gills and perch. we stopped at my house first and I starting cleaning my fish with my rapala electric knife, showing my buddy how easy it was. he was going to leave and go home and clean his catch by hand. but when he seen this he was so impressed he asked if he could stay and clean his fish with my knife when I finished with it. In a very short time he was filleting fish like a pro. he was on his way to wally world after that

slabspanker

• i love wood and wood products
« Reply #51 on: Apr 25, 2012, 11:20 AM »
I purchased a mister twister setup from a garage sale. It came with the double blades.  just used it and love it! What do you guys think about the double blades?

walleye1

« Reply #52 on: Apr 25, 2012, 11:50 AM »
I'm pretty sure they all have double blades.

Houligan

« Reply #53 on: Apr 25, 2012, 12:06 PM »
I purchased a mister twister setup from a garage sale. It came with the double blades.  just used it and love it! What do you guys think about the double blades?

I haven't seen any without the double blades.

rebelss

• Northern's for Supper!
« Reply #54 on: Apr 25, 2012, 02:13 PM »
They all have double blades.
"Time is here and gone"....The Doobies

The Reel Deal

• Early Worm Gets The Lunker
« Reply #55 on: Apr 25, 2012, 04:29 PM »
Aww man I gotta get one, especially for cleaning perch after ice fishing, I end up sharpening my knife at least 2 times every time I use it!

filetandrelease

« Reply #56 on: Apr 25, 2012, 05:40 PM »

you will love it for perch all joking aside you don't have to spend a lot for what you get in return my old B&D has cleaned countless perch and eyes and it was a whooping 10.00 bucks and just bought a spare when it does give up the ghost but for large fish i still use hand knives , PS i still use a hand knife to take out the rib cages not necessary just a quirk i have

Houligan

« Reply #57 on: Apr 26, 2012, 12:22 AM »
Even on the smaller fish like perch I use the electric to remove the rib bones. If you start it and hook under the bones just right and curl the bade at the same time its a snap to whip them out.

filetandrelease

« Reply #58 on: Apr 26, 2012, 04:46 AM »
Even on the smaller fish like perch I use the electric to remove the rib bones. If you start it and hook under the bones just right and curl the bade at the same time its a snap to whip them out.

thats true you can, i just like to do it that way ,part of that is due to my days cleaning fish for a living

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #59 on: Apr 26, 2012, 05:02 AM »
Nothing wrong with an electric, if ya know how to use it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.