FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Small Rant about the idiocy of some people.  (Read 7340 times)

mkrafty133

Re: Small Rant about the idiocy of some people.
« Reply #15 on: Apr 27, 2010, 03:19 PM »
IMO season or no season there is no reason to just destroy a fish. Not counting Gobies!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Apr 27, 2010, 03:51 PM »
Well, I'm gonna get some haters here, and I agree with you about wanton waste of fishing resources. We're supposed to be more enlightened than our ancestors.

I don't understand throwing any fish on the bank, including carp (which I target as a game fish). I do not understand shooting them with arrows and releasing them to die either. Doesn't seem any different to me.

You can always contact the local ECO the next day and fill him in on the situation. The Encon's I've known (and that's quite a few) take this stuff personally as sportsmen first and secondly as Police Officers with a job to do.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

monkeyman2269

« Reply #17 on: Apr 27, 2010, 04:03 PM »
shoot um with arows then throw um in a hole and berry them there not native if u dident know that

KingPerch

« Reply #18 on: Apr 27, 2010, 04:11 PM »
Well, I'm gonna get some haters here, and I agree with you about wanton waste of fishing resources. We're supposed to be more enlightened than our ancestors.

I don't understand throwing any fish on the bank, including carp (which I target as a game fish). I do not understand shooting them with arrows and releasing them to die either. Doesn't seem any different to me.

You can always contact the local ECO the next day and fill him in on the situation. The Encon's I've known (and that's quite a few) take this stuff personally as sportsmen first and secondly as Police Officers with a job to do.

RG
I agree RG, NO hater here!!! ECO's can't do thier job to the fullest without help from us!!! Tightlines!!--KP ;) 1-800-847-7332 DEC HOTLINE
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Apr 27, 2010, 04:14 PM »
shoot um with arows then throw um in a hole and berry them there not native if u dident know that
An enlightened response...who cares if they're not native....neither are 99% of us.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #20 on: Apr 27, 2010, 04:15 PM »
:cookoo:--KP

monkeyman2269

« Reply #21 on: Apr 27, 2010, 04:22 PM »
its legal to do that and what your saying we shouldent stop invasive speices ok well lets let asian carp gobies and snakeheads loose then

KingPerch

« Reply #22 on: Apr 27, 2010, 04:26 PM »
its legal to do that and what your saying we shouldent stop invasive speices ok well lets let asian carp gobies and snakeheads loose then
I believe that this is the  reason why this thread started!!!!--KP ::)

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Apr 27, 2010, 04:57 PM »
Oh snap! I see this thread turning into a not so small rant.
We're all entitled to our own opinions. Just keep it civil.
I'm guessing I will have to lock this one up within two pages.
Make a liar out of me...please!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Apr 27, 2010, 05:12 PM »
Let's get a grip here...don't want Prch to wear out is new buttons.
RG

monkeyman2269

« Reply #25 on: Apr 27, 2010, 05:14 PM »
people get crazy on these boards im just sayin i enjoy shooting carp and i do it legally not leaving the carcasses on the bank or releaseing them back

earlyice

« Reply #26 on: Apr 27, 2010, 05:23 PM »
IMO season or no season there is no reason to just destroy a fish. Not counting Gobies!!!

I think this is part of the problem (granted gobies are invasive and we could prob all agree on them) but it seems that if a certain species happens to be important to someone they get PO'd if someone else is "wasting" them in some way...but other species might be ok to "trash".  There was a thread a while back where a guy was catching trout to use for catfish bait. Some people were just plain pis*ed that anyone would do such a thing. Trout as bait, oh my. A fish is a fish is a fish, we all have our favorites. Now I realize there are laws about using fish from one body of water as bait on another and I don't remember the specifics of that post, but disregarding that or assuming what he did was lawful, what's the problem? He went out, caught his limit. Those were his fish and he can take them home and feed them to his dog if he wants.

My opinion is if you go out, follow the regs, take your limit and no more of whatever species, those are now your fish to eat, use as bait, feed the barn cats or bury in your back yard, whether they're carp, bluegill, perch, eyes, pickerel, musky, whatever. BUT leaving them on the bank, piling carcases in the parking lot is just gonna hurt all of us in the end.

If you hate pickerel, take YOUR LIMIT home and hang em from the basketball hoop ;D If you think the silver bass are hurting the eye population, take YOUR LIMIT home and feed em to your hound. The take limits, regs will be adjusted. The hatcheries, DEC have a whole lot of information and science on their side. A lot more than me. I try to trust in that science.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #27 on: Apr 27, 2010, 05:25 PM »
Then you don't fall into the category of "wanton waste" ...or do you?

My point is, use your harvest. Burying them in a hole, isn't using your harvest.

RG

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: Apr 27, 2010, 05:26 PM »
Whats the best way to cook a carp? 
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

monkeyman2269

« Reply #29 on: Apr 27, 2010, 05:27 PM »
put it in a hole

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.