FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 566645 times)

lowaccord66

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #3990 on: May 24, 2024, 08:04 AM »
Thats a bummer, better luck next trip! 

Johnnh

« Reply #3991 on: May 24, 2024, 10:13 AM »
Went to a local trout pond in New Hampshire yesterday afternoon. Fishing was a bit slow, but I picked up a couple of bows on a streamer.
I got entertain by a couple of younger gentleman at the launch. They showed me their fish. They had 3 decent bows and about a 3 pound smallie. I tied to explain to them that bass are currently catch and release only and they better put that fish in their truck and don't tell anyone

They proceeded to tell me what I should do with myself.
I told them to have a nice day and moved on.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #3992 on: May 24, 2024, 12:22 PM »
Wow you are a better person than myself!
I hate that when you try to help it bites you in the A$$.
Gonna take the kayak out this w.e. and fish a pike and bass lake/pond in the southern tier NYS.
Throwing poppers.
Will end at my buddies place to fish brookies, browns and bass in his pond. Been a while since I have throw some top water, looking forward to it!
Internet heros give it a rest!

filetandrelease

« Reply #3993 on: May 24, 2024, 02:51 PM »

That sucks Johnnh ,  well I would have returned the kindness as my phone have several officers on speed dial 😉

mcully

« Reply #3994 on: May 24, 2024, 04:02 PM »
The new portable jumpers are awesome. So small and multiple jumps per charge

ECobb91

« Reply #3995 on: May 24, 2024, 04:54 PM »
That sucks Johnnh ,  well I would have returned the kindness as my phone have several officers on speed dial 😉

This… I’m always polite when I see nonsense like that. Politeness usually begets politeness. If they simply don’t know, it tends to be a docile conversation. It’s when they know they’re in the wrong that people get confrontational. I’ve only called the DEC a handful of times when it was egregious, like 20 trout over the limit and to no surprise of anyone the guys response was “not from country, I speak Russian don’t know rules”. Funny that when he was cussing us out he knew the English language better than most

filetandrelease

« Reply #3996 on: May 24, 2024, 07:25 PM »
 We get that crap here , so letting someone know they are breaking the rules is fine , an honest mistake is 1 thing , we have this same issue here with language , we have issues with  our bass and walleyes , sorry I’m not waiting for limits of fish to be caught before I call,  my buds feel the same way

KingPerch

« Reply #3997 on: Jun 06, 2024, 02:11 PM »
I’d turn my mother in for breaking the law. 😁
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #3998 on: Jun 07, 2024, 09:06 AM »
I’d turn my mother in for breaking the law. 😁

I'd turn her in a s well? Mother in law too!
Internet heros give it a rest!

gotagetm

« Reply #3999 on: Jun 07, 2024, 01:03 PM »
Mother in-law.....ide drive mine there!

62 & Done

« Reply #4000 on: Jun 08, 2024, 11:06 AM »
why do M in Laws always get a bad rap ?  Mine was a swell old gal   She could cook too!

gotagetm

« Reply #4001 on: Jun 10, 2024, 05:44 PM »
Real life Estelle Costanza..for real!

oatkasut

« Reply #4002 on: Jun 11, 2024, 06:25 PM »
On another topic here is a fishing report on the Catskills fishing from 6/3-6/6/24:
Fished exclusively in the Beaverkill and the Willowemoc under ideal conditions, weather wise and water wise. Plus   various levels of  surface activity the entire time with the best times  7-9PM. Water temps. were 58-65 and air 50-78 for the four days. Hatches included caddis, sulfurs, BWO, stoneflies.  Typically we fishd 8-11AM,   2-4PM and 5-9PM.
My buddy and I caught 99 trout in the 3.5 days of fishing. I used dry flies for all but 10 minutes when I used a BH pheasant tail nymph to land a nice 13 inch brown. The best flies, sizes 14-16, were, Adams, tan,brown, black and olive caddis, BWO, sulfur, and griffith's gnat(size18). No luck this year with emergers. One dry, a wood duck wing olive caddis 14 was a good producer. My buddy liked a yellow sally especially  after 8PM at night since it is easier to see and the caddis. Caught wild 5 inch browns which were really scrappy and other browns to 16 inches. In the mix were 5 brookies from the Willow.
Going during the week, we found lots of water with plenty of water and fish with few fishermen. Last year at the same time was horrible with low, warm water and limited hatches in the same places. Give it a try; you'll love the water variety and the challenges.

lowaccord66

« Reply #4003 on: Jun 12, 2024, 12:16 AM »
I love the willow.  I hit it for the first time last year and also found the catching to be easy.

Couple years ago I almost joined the Debruce club, glad I didnt the river fishes fine below.

Bartman44

« Reply #4004 on: Jun 12, 2024, 07:04 AM »
Great report. Always a good thing when the weather, river conditions line up with your trip, especially for dry fly action.  But you couldn't have caught just one more trout to make it an even 100??? LOL.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.