FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084121 times)

lehigh vally

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #165 on: Jan 29, 2011, 06:09 PM »
Fished Altmar and in town the last two days and all i can say is its slow, the lower water is defiantly affecting the fishing. I would love to see 500 again, maby this spring? However people were still out in good numbers although i thought more people would be in Altmar with the Derby going on today but it wasn't more crowded than a typical Saturday. Did see a few fish hooked but not many. Hear are a few pix from the wekend.

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #166 on: Jan 29, 2011, 06:59 PM »
  Nice pic's rob,  The river is beautiful this time of year..  Wish I could get out and wet a line with you..   To much going on right now though, but april is just around the corner. Looking forward to it.
                                                                                                          Take care, wayno

lehigh vally

« Reply #167 on: Jan 29, 2011, 08:19 PM »
 Nice pic's rob,  The river is beautiful this time of year..  Wish I could get out and wet a line with you..   To much going on right now though, but april is just around the corner. Looking forward to it.
                                                                                                          Take care, wayno

Doing pretty good for mid winter Wayne, just need to keep on the move hit allot of water, Murray and i did OK for a two day session no pressure just good times :rotflol: :w00t: ;D

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #168 on: Jan 29, 2011, 10:15 PM »
 I wonder if snagger would give me a deal if I arrive mid september and leave mid may :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:  Sure is a dream of mine..  SR then oneida, SR then oneida.. Have some bag's under my eye's bout the time I head back for maine.

KingPerch

« Reply #169 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:56 AM »
That's quite a dream there Wayne...I'm sure SNAGGER could accomodate you!!! I live 10 minutes from the places you want to fish and still....I don't find the time to fish!!! I'm off this week, maybe ice fish a day...maybe steelhead fish a day....I don't know...MAYBE!!!!! ;D Titelines!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #170 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:00 AM »
Few more photos.  Fishing jigs pretty heavily the last couple of weeks when the weather is reasonable enough to legitamize going out for a few fish. Was up at the river last wednesday, got there early enough to get into the upper schoolhouse. No driftboats and only one other guy at the tailout... landed a nice buck within the first 20 mins of fishing then a few people showed up and kind of killed my seam. Moved down to the wires and lost one and that was it for the day. Moved down to the sportsmans later on in the day and didnt hit anything...wondering if we should have stayed up top.  Saw a ton of dead fish in the river atleast a dozen just in the wires and schoolhouse alone. That cold weather must have really put a hurting on them.

Hellgramite

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #171 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:03 AM »

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #172 on: Jan 31, 2011, 03:35 PM »
That's quite a dream there Wayne...I'm sure SNAGGER could accomodate you!!! I live 10 minutes from the places you want to fish and still....I don't find the time to fish!!! I'm off this week, maybe ice fish a day...maybe steelhead fish a day....I don't know...MAYBE!!!!! ;D Titelines!!--KP 8)
  If I lived ten minute's from snagger's KP,  I would make time daily to fish the river ..  We only live once KP so grab Jr and go fish'n ..  Tightline's and bent pole's ..
                                                                        Wayno

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #173 on: Jan 31, 2011, 03:37 PM »
 Nice pic's ernye,  Look's like your having fun and that's all that matter's .. Will you be around in april ??

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #174 on: Jan 31, 2011, 03:38 PM »
  Wego look's nice this time of year !!

lehigh vally

« Reply #175 on: Jan 31, 2011, 04:53 PM »
   I really like the picture of Oswego Ernye, if you took more seen shots from the same day i would like to see them. ;)

Hears one from November of South Sandy, Wayne this should make you home sick :'( LOL

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #176 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:15 PM »
  I want to try north S this year. I've never been there, And yes I am home sick rob.  But man you just made my day.. You need to change your member name to needalift .. :thumbup_smilie: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :flag:

lehigh vally

« Reply #177 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:28 PM »
When i first started fishing the Sandy's the north was my home i loved it, new most of the key runs back in the early 00, but the last few years we haven't seen good numbers of kings or steel head, not like it use to be any way so i have been fishing the south.

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #178 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:43 PM »
  Certainly nothing wrong with south,  I just love to explore new ground. Walked down to the middle bridge last nov for the first time, man there's some nice run's down through there .

lehigh vally

« Reply #179 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:55 PM »
That is a good run Wayne, just below the Woodville bridge was one of my favorite spots at the north, if we hit it just rite this spring well take a run up and see what we can do ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.