FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084119 times)

Gamma Fish

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2355 on: Aug 09, 2011, 09:59 PM »
he said that he read an in - fisherman article about running salmon skein under a float for kings ??? this has been done for years but now it is an obsolete trick correct, well i bet it still can be done ??? ;D
Yeah........in Alaska ! ;)

Well there is 4 pages worth of time I will never get back .......
You can say that again ! ::) ::)  It all went down hill after Dark Clouds post ! :P ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #2356 on: Aug 09, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Not yet that I know of, but since he already has the good one, the next one down closet too the bridge, who owns it?  The newer house on the N shore, with the nice landscaped yard with the "redwood" stained siding has been up for sale this yr. Coldwell Banker I think, it's a white & blue sign, it's the closest house to it. So who knows.

man can you imagine what all his property is worth? during salmon season he pulls in 13500 a day

adam2000

« Reply #2357 on: Aug 09, 2011, 10:05 PM »

You can say that again ! ::) ::)  It all went down hill after Dark Clouds post ! :P ;D
i put pics up for you gamma

Gamma Fish

« Reply #2358 on: Aug 09, 2011, 10:15 PM »
i put pics up for you gamma
Just saw them !   Good looking little man !      If you don't mind, I'd like to stop by on Saturday and drop off his new Red Sox hat and jacket ! ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

adam2000

« Reply #2359 on: Aug 09, 2011, 10:28 PM »
Just saw them !   Good looking little man !      If you don't mind, I'd like to stop by on Saturday and drop off his new Red Sox hat and jacket ! ;D ;D ;D
oh god your a red sox fan too? if you guys couldnt tell by the taxes"YOU ALL LIVE IN NY NOT MASS" probally all pats fans too

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
« Reply #2360 on: Aug 09, 2011, 10:53 PM »
oh god your a red sox fan too? if you guys couldnt tell by the taxes"YOU ALL LIVE IN NY NOT MASS" probally all pats fans too

go red soxxxxx hahahah  ;D and i hate the pats im a giants fan
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

Gamma Fish

« Reply #2361 on: Aug 09, 2011, 10:56 PM »
Actually, I'm a St.Louis Cardinals, Green Bay Packers and Chicago Blackhawks fan......and the fan of any team that beats the Yankees  :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D   Red Sox are right in line behind the Cardinals !

PS:   I don't consider NY City a part of NY state....even though our tax dollars support that cess pool >:( >:( ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

fishgalore

« Reply #2362 on: Aug 10, 2011, 05:06 AM »

Ummmm.............uhhhhhh..........no.......that would be a negative!!! p57 Aug./Sept edition 1st paragraph........"When leaves begin falling from the trees, king salmon are already thick in the rivers of the Great Lakes. As they 1st enter rivers, salmon go ballistic for aggressive techniques like pitching crankbaits or spinners. But that phase soon passes....................From the end of the 1st week to the moment spawning activity actually begins, float-fishing is the odds-on method. Most float fisherman...............use.........."skein". But some use soft plastics with great success."

"Folks of ill repute...........where snagging is brain dead easy. These pretenders...........say they don't believe salmon bite. Fact is kings do bite and floats prove it without ripping open any brown or rainbow trout by accident. "

I'm not trying to open a pandora's box here just quoting what I read. I will find out for myself what is true or not so no one needs to convince me whether or not Salmon bite.

I'll definitely have some fun too finding out. Does Forest and Zippy want to meet up when I travel yonder to the transition point??

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2363 on: Aug 10, 2011, 05:39 AM »
shove  a  hot n tot  in there  face  for  5 minutes  fish on  so  easy  a  cave  man  can  do it  ....  i'm betting  the  first  fish  will be  in oswego  river  in 8  days!!!  i'm going  down and  getting  as many of  the  real  fish out  before  they end up  on a  rope  headed  to  jersy   :rotflol: :rotflol: after 40  years  of  salmon  fishing  do i  believe  they  hit  ...... truth  NO

ps  the  real  fish  are  the  small mouths  and  bluegills  lol
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bcons

« Reply #2364 on: Aug 10, 2011, 06:10 AM »
Oh boy here we go, Please make sure your seatbacks & tray tables are in their locked & upright position it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
"Folks of ill repute, pretenders"?
Ok Salmon go ballistic for aggresive techniques?  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :wacko: :blink:   I guess everyone that fishes the Estuary just haven't figured that out yet.  ::) 
All the guys that own or work at cleaning stations that constantly say out 25000 fish I've cleaned over 20+ yrs I've never seen one with any stomach contents.
Then of course there's mother natures wisdom.  If salmon actively fed, what would 100's of thousands of 15-35lb fish at the top of the food chain do to the river ecosystem?  The rivers couldn't support an active feed.  Yes they support trout, but remember there aren't as many, & during the 1st 2 months the trout feed on the non-viable (since they broke free from the nest) salmon eggs, with some raiding nests.  By the time winter sets in & temps get cold, the trout almost shutdown.  The cold water slows their metabolic rate to almost nothing, the colder dense water has a much higher oxygen content allowing the trout to breath fine just sitting there.  As anyone who's fished the river in the dead of winter will tell you, you must have the perfect drift right next to or in front of them to get one.  They won't move much to take your offering not that I've ever done it  ::) By the time the water begins to warm & the trout "wakeup" there's runoff & hatches adding food to the river system.  It works.  Mother Nature is smarter than us.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2365 on: Aug 10, 2011, 06:14 AM »
huhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  aggressive  technic  means  rip  em  right?????????  huhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and  no one  get  mad i  can  care  less  just have  fun!!!!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

draketrutta

« Reply #2366 on: Aug 10, 2011, 08:24 AM »
I will find out for myself what is true or not so no one needs to convince me whether or not Salmon bite.

Let us know your findings...

<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #2367 on: Aug 10, 2011, 08:47 AM »
Actually, I'm a St.Louis Cardinals, Green Bay Packers and Chicago Blackhawks fan......and the fan of any team that beats the Yankees  :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D   Red Sox are right in line behind the Cardinals !

PS:   I don't consider NY City a part of NY state....even though our tax dollars support that cess pool >:( >:( ;)
Im a Packers fan too!!!! Go RED SOX!!!! Im gonna be living in Massachusetts for a week in the Cape!!! So i will have the right to be a Sox fan!! Might also see a game!! ::) ::)
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

steelie24

• Hooked since first steel - 1965
« Reply #2368 on: Aug 10, 2011, 09:27 AM »
I always thought salmon in the river liked to collect fly's so they'd look purrrrdy during spawning.  :D :D :D

adam2000

« Reply #2369 on: Aug 10, 2011, 09:51 AM »
packers? red sox? whats next are all you cny guys gonna start cheering on uconn and gtown?   

As far as the salmon bite in the rivers. Here is my take "larger rivers yes i believe that that do bite like the niagara and oswego harbor, but once they hit the rt 3 bridge on the salmon i think they shut down. My theory being that in there minds they are almost to there spawning grounds where a big deep river they dont have it in there minds yet that they are close." Water temp probally plays a big role in this. But i have seen plenty of fishing shows of guys casting cranks to kings on lake michigan tribs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.