FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084184 times)

gillkiller13126

• out to get themm
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2610 on: Aug 15, 2011, 07:59 PM »
well i think if you cant find em with rod n reel...... use dynamite  ::) ::) ::) BOOM shockalaka :o :o
RED SOX FTW
 id rather be crappie fishing

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #2611 on: Aug 15, 2011, 08:04 PM »
Hey Wayne...Good to see you poppin' in, just in time for mudshark season!!! ;D Maybe catch up with you this year!! ;)--KP
  Looking forward to it KP....

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2612 on: Aug 15, 2011, 08:35 PM »
heard there was A king at the trestle today....that fish must have flew up the river to make it to the trestle without going belly up. Looks like we have a warmer weather pattern moving in for the next couple of days, supposed to get muggy then rain towards the weekend.

This is the year that I start a fishing journal...been meaning to for the last couple years just havent kept up on it. Would love to have some notes on last year that I could refer to, like how many times I fished in August before I actually saw some action. Seems like I do this to myself every year....let the anticipation get the best of me and make a few more trips than I really should with the water being like it is.

Maybe i'll keep it in check and go after smallies in the morning again, been killing them on top water foam poppers/gurglers in the Oswego. Swinging them on a tight line and poping the rod as it swings through the current...unbelievable stuff. Fish will come back and hit these things a half dozen times or more. They'be been chasing the shad hard lately and these those poppers just trigger strikes.
 I write all my stuff on my calender...short and to the point... I think it's easier than the computer..

That spawning salmon thing was funny as hell man...

Salmon must be close, a couple friends I haven't seen since November stopped by today..the migration has begun...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bass on

« Reply #2613 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:05 PM »
Snagger we've got the fever down here...thinking about coming up the weekend of the 10 with a couple buddies...can't wait to hook into some of those freight trains.

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #2614 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:12 PM »
Its raining and the river is on the rise

adam2000

« Reply #2615 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:14 PM »
Just had a good 2 hr soak here in baldwinsville. Pineville gauge showed it went up to around 400 but dried back to 300 and is back climbing. Get ready.

adam2000

« Reply #2616 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:18 PM »
Frank you and scott better not get to excited. That sportcraft of mine needs more kings to hit the deck before we pack her up and throw on the waders

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2617 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:22 PM »
Its raining and the river is on the rise

You remember what happened last year Adam with the high warm water..I fought my first fish a half mile only to land it and it was a big carp...

Mark just sent me a pic of his driftboat..he re painted it yesterday...

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

adam2000

« Reply #2618 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:27 PM »
Looks like mark has that sucker ready for opening day at lakeview.  Quack quack

adam2000

« Reply #2619 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:28 PM »
Yeah I remember you were mad you missed that nice run that dave was beating on andwhen you finally made it down there a carp took you for a ride ;D

adam2000

« Reply #2620 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:31 PM »
Did he paint it or is tha a wrap? Hell of a job northwoods. Looks great

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2621 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:31 PM »
Yeah I remember you were mad you missed that nice run that dave was beating on andwhen you finally made it down there a carp took you for a ride ;D

LOL Carp are still fun to catch! :-) just not as tasty...... :sick:
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

adam2000

« Reply #2622 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:37 PM »
LOL Carp are still fun to catch! :-) just not as tasty...... :sick:

But noone wants to follow a carp a mile downstream. Ill follow my first few salmon of the year. Then if they turn down and blow the run I set them free.

fishhooker

« Reply #2623 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:45 PM »
I'd say you're 100% correct.  The guy that posted on SC is NUTZ, prob pic from last yr.  Even DSR delayed opening another week saying the water is too low & too warm.  

SC just wanted some page hits.  That site is soooo 2008! hahaha. I got sick of it and tried to delete my account last year...it was impossible, so I asked them to ban me permanently and they did.  Their help sections are decent, and there are a few good guys on there(the ones that haven't been banned yet), but overall it's not a very "open" environment, and the moderators are pure nazis. They're probably happy for salmon fever, now there might be more than two posts a day. 
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2624 on: Aug 15, 2011, 09:48 PM »
But noone wants to follow a carp a mile downstream. Ill follow my first few salmon of the year. Then if they turn down and blow the run I set them free.

Looking forward to meeting you when I meet up with Frank Adam...
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.