FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084330 times)

Smells Like Fish NH

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4410 on: Sep 21, 2011, 05:40 PM »

WOW!!! .... can't wait til a 9am report....how did we ever do it back in the day before cell phones... :blink: :blink:

Lmfao I was thinking the same thing!
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4411 on: Sep 21, 2011, 05:41 PM »

Boys smoked em again today down low..many browns today mixed in with the coho's...cleaned some kings from up top...... Can't believe the coho's are running for the 5th day in a row...amazing...starting to wonder if the DEC accidentally imprinted other people's fish again to our system after this.....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishingjason

« Reply #4412 on: Sep 21, 2011, 05:42 PM »
String and tin cans I bet.

fishingjason

« Reply #4413 on: Sep 21, 2011, 05:44 PM »
Do you think there is an average amount of King Salmon in the river at this point?

SNAGGER

« Reply #4414 on: Sep 21, 2011, 05:44 PM »
String and tin cans I bet.

We used to run and use the pay phone at the mobile and call our buddies...  remember pay phones?  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #4415 on: Sep 21, 2011, 05:46 PM »
Do you think there is an average amount of King Salmon in the river at this point?
 well I'm just going off reports from the guys here this week, it's less than the last 3 years, but close to average...kings..not coho's...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Stormy_NY

« Reply #4416 on: Sep 21, 2011, 06:55 PM »
I made so many ESPN casts yesterday ...my shoulder is killing me. I could barely pull the bow back today.

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #4417 on: Sep 21, 2011, 07:01 PM »
Make sure you guys wear your glasses. I took a no 2 splitshot to the eye today going about 90. Felt like tyson punched me. Fished about a hr and a half had 11 hookups. I would get 3 in a row then nothing for a about 15 mins. Lost a big steelhead. Saw cohos today already starting to get some color

the_mad_iceman

• I can't put my arms down!
« Reply #4418 on: Sep 21, 2011, 07:16 PM »
I made so many ESPN casts yesterday ...my shoulder is killing me. I could barely pull the bow back today.

How many times did you tangle with the guy next to you?...LOL Sore soulder from fishing, pulling the bow back... Sounds like you got the right idea!!!

Stormy_NY

« Reply #4419 on: Sep 21, 2011, 07:27 PM »
How many times did you tangle with the guy next to you?...LOL Sore soulder from fishing, pulling the bow back... Sounds like you got the right idea!!!

None ... I wasn't fishing next to Adam  ;)

Fetzer1

« Reply #4420 on: Sep 21, 2011, 07:31 PM »

WOW!!! .... can't wait til a 9am report....how did we ever do it back in the day before cell phones... :blink: :blink:
I agree. it's crazy isn't it. I used to enjoy having a beeper. Sometimes you fund a payphone and sometimes you didn't. Sometimes you found a payphone and it was broken. Now, if only I can convince my wife that my cellphone doesn't have reception when I'm standing in the water:)   Either that or I tell I was up in altmar, I don't get good reception up there.

adam2000

« Reply #4421 on: Sep 21, 2011, 07:34 PM »
None ... I wasn't fishing next to Adam  ;)
funny how its only a problem when your around. Fished tight with 3 guys I didn't know and noone had a problem

the_mad_iceman

• I can't put my arms down!
« Reply #4422 on: Sep 21, 2011, 07:35 PM »
I agree. it's crazy isn't it. I used to enjoy having a beeper. Sometimes you fund a payphone and sometimes you didn't. Sometimes you found a payphone and it was broken. Now, if only I can convince my wife that my cellphone doesn't have reception when I'm standing in the water:)   Either that or I tell I was up in altmar, I don't get good reception up there.

Altmar is off the cellular map...LOL

Stormy_NY

« Reply #4423 on: Sep 21, 2011, 07:39 PM »
funny how its only a problem when your around. Fished tight with 3 guys I didn't know and noone had a problem

It's all fun and games till someone gets poked in the eye  :-* :-* :-*

adam2000

« Reply #4424 on: Sep 21, 2011, 07:44 PM »
It's all fun and games till someone gets poked in the eye  :-* :-* :-*

To soon

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.