FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084319 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6525 on: Nov 28, 2011, 02:26 PM »
snag  nice  seeing  ya  buddy  .....  2   above  the  bridge  then i left
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6526 on: Nov 28, 2011, 05:57 PM »

Hit the lower end tonight, big dumpfest, fish were in a funk for some reason , 2 head shakes or a run towards your feet and fish off, went 3 for 13 in 2 1/2 hours ....alot of bright fish still....  River's headin up a tad tonight to 500cfs, add the run off from 3/8's of an inch of rain today and she'll be well over 800cfs down river tomorrow... nice!!!  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #6527 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:15 PM »
Spent the day up at the river today...fished above pineville. Morning bite was the best, but saw quite a few fish moving throughout the day. River really needs to go up to wash out all the dead salmon...it was really ripe in some spots.
This fish absolutely hammered this fly...

She's been a good one for me this year..

esox v

« Reply #6528 on: Nov 28, 2011, 08:28 PM »
 I couldnt fish up there for a while.... I puked in my mouth a few times !! Couldn't get to fresh air it was so thick!! :sick: :sick: :sick:
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6529 on: Nov 29, 2011, 06:54 AM »
i  hear  tell  altmar  outfitters  has the  best  coffee     around  that  area   ;D  snag  you  fishing  this  afternoon?
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fishhooker

« Reply #6530 on: Nov 29, 2011, 10:45 AM »
Snaggerz coffee IS good. I think he brews it with egg shells to neutralize the acidity. :D
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

dimebrite

« Reply #6531 on: Nov 29, 2011, 12:54 PM »
Hey erney nice fly and nice catch... its good to see that some guys are getting them on the swing.... that one looks like fox hair; dyed mallard and some chartreuse marabou spun around the shank.... plus tinsel; I particularly like the segmented body; I imagine that thing looks alive in the water while the fox hair keeps it plump when wet rather than sloppy.... nice tie man; i'll have to try it myself....

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #6532 on: Nov 29, 2011, 04:20 PM »
actually its deer hair...but right on otherwise. Havent been able to find fox hair at all seasons and I have to admit I havent looked anywhere else. Give it a shot man let me know what you think or get any grabs.

dimebrite

« Reply #6533 on: Nov 29, 2011, 04:26 PM »
Ok; took a closer look and see it now; looks as if you spun that deer hair....awesome....

Question: are you using lead or sink tip to get that fly down since deer hair has a tendency to float???? Or are you being bad azz and skating it right below the surface???? Either way; right on man....

When I get some time im gonna try at that one myself; I have plenty of fox hides so I may try it with the fox rather than the deer.... tight lines

SNAGGER

« Reply #6534 on: Nov 29, 2011, 04:49 PM »
         Got out a touch earlier today to try to get a little more fishin in than 2 1/2 hours, but dropped my smokes in the river and had to walk a half mile then drive to get another pack, so fished 2 1/2 hours again.... Fishing was absolutely explosive, went 9 for 19.....the last 6 days have been some of the best action I can rembember in some time...unbelievable, no on and offs this afternoon, fish are getting hot with the river temps rising with afternoon temps in the mid 60's today.....Fished with my buddy Jerry and some other guys...Jerry did 8 for 12 as well....... After this evenings 58 degree rain, runoff and a bump to 1000cfs could slow things down a tad for us walkers, or maybe it won't, we'll see...a full force run will definetly be in progress and it will be a drift boaters dream come true....time to hit my high water spots and try to cut off the epic steelhead runs of 2011.  

Oh on a side note, this is how well they are biting...all 9 fish I landed either had an egg sac, bead or hook in it's mouth I had to remove as well as mine...insane, thought I was fishing the Genny or something.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #6535 on: Nov 29, 2011, 05:11 PM »
Looks like I'll be up in the morning ;D Seems like the water hasnt been up in a while. 

If I'm running an unweighted fly, in most cases I'm running tips. Really depends on the fly and water though. This spring I'm gonna try and fish some foam bodied poppers..tried it a bit in the fall but not really enough to say I had a good go at it. I've had my fair share of fish take a poke at my float so I figured I'd give it shot.

Still raining here

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #6536 on: Nov 29, 2011, 05:14 PM »

Wow , great numbers Snag! I only tangled with 4 ...... did have a epic battle with a huge cromer in the ballpark just before dark wrapped me up in the tree by the stairs and then she was gone . I'm def. gaining confidence in the bead colour didn't matter today I tried em all and all worked just gotta get the depth and weight right . Yep the river took trapper's net right from me today along with you're smokes she was a greedy old girl today .

SNAGGER

« Reply #6537 on: Nov 29, 2011, 05:31 PM »

Wow , great numbers Snag! I only tangled with 4 ...... did have a epic battle with a huge cromer in the ballpark just before dark wrapped me up in the tree by the stairs and then she was gone . I'm def. gaining confidence in the bead colour didn't matter today I tried em all and all worked just gotta get the depth and weight right . Yep the river took trapper's net right from me today along with you're smokes she was a greedy old girl today .

Hey 4 aint shabby  what a fun afternoon, it was fun fishin with you guys for a bit   you really get excited, I was excited just listening too you....good times man.  ;D........trapper will be runnin beads now. :w00t:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #6538 on: Nov 29, 2011, 06:03 PM »
Trapper...them beads don't work!   ;)  Glad you finally gave them a go!!   ;D

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #6539 on: Nov 29, 2011, 06:06 PM »

I love to fish , and to see friends catch fish what can I say  ;D We are truly spoiled here with a world class fishery , that 2nd fish you hooked jumped what looked like 4 ft out of the water really got the blood pumpin for me  :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.