FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084173 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6930 on: Dec 09, 2011, 10:01 PM »

Waters headed back to lower level.

365123 THE SALMON RIVER AT LIGHTHOUSE HILL
PUBLISHED ON DEC 09, 2011 AT 18:00:05 - EXPIRES DEC 10 11:59 PM

For the Salmon River at Brookfield Renewable Power's Lighthouse Hill Dam, Altmar, NY. The following predictions are for flows in the river just below the powerhouse unless otherwise noted.

Until 2:00 PM tomorrow, Sat, 500 CFS
From 2:00 PM tomorrow until 11:59 PM tomorrow, 335 CFS

All published flows are approximate and forecasts are estimates only. Actual flows will vary and can change quickly at any time. Always be alert and wear an approved flotation device. Never go in or near the water until you know and accept the risks you are assuming by being in this area!

Todays lower level caused me to loose 2 of my favorite high water runs, but opened up so many more to fish I didn't notice,,.,..tomorrows level is going to be the "Bomb"...I love 500cfs....I'll loose a few more 750 spots, but so many riffles and pockets will show them selves that I won't care....... I can't wait. FISH ON!!!!

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6931 on: Dec 10, 2011, 12:45 AM »
 It was an absolute riot trap..I laughed like I was 12 again...for the record, the one coho I killed swallowed the crank and was bleeding through it's gills, ..His life cycle was over anyway.  The rest were released. Speaking of 12 year olds, a bunch of youngsters found them after you left Trap, they had a ball..........

i  can't  think of a  better  thing  to happen , lol  but  i  now  know  i have  a  stp winter  run  coho frog fly in my  box  that catches  summer bass too  :rotflol: :rotflol:

lower  water  means  fly  rod  action!!!!   snagger  it's  snowing  a  bit  but  i'll  be  up!!!!!  let  the  games  begin!!!!!!!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #6932 on: Dec 10, 2011, 09:00 AM »
hey  shane  i  made  it  to  pulaski  then  turned  around  lol  i'm waiting  till it  clears  up ;D

lehigh vally

« Reply #6933 on: Dec 10, 2011, 09:39 AM »
Hay shane  I made IT to  pulaski  then  turned  around  lol  i'm waiting  till it  clears  up ;D
  Hay Trap, it looks like the lake affect could last most of the day...its only light to moderat snow at times, come on up were on um again!! Snaggers out shoveling then were heading back down

Northwoods was out early thismorning with the Gillripper gang on board

SNAGGER

« Reply #6934 on: Dec 10, 2011, 09:47 AM »

Yep it's coming down, had to shovel and mark the drive way so I know where it is later.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

soulstream

« Reply #6935 on: Dec 10, 2011, 10:11 AM »
That coho vid is great. Looks like a blast!! Pics of the lake effect snow makes me want to fire up the sled

rakerdave

« Reply #6936 on: Dec 10, 2011, 11:16 AM »
  Nice pics laker!!!  :thumbup_smilie:....pounded by boats..yes,,.. people..no ...... everywhere I went today there was action..not the normal 10% catching 90% ..descent action for everyone...
thanks shane .that first one in the morning was right in front of your place kindof .

rakerdave

« Reply #6937 on: Dec 10, 2011, 11:18 AM »
Make sure u guys lock your doors on you trucks/cars . A  guy yesterday had his rods stolen. By the 2 a bridge

trapper2000

« Reply #6938 on: Dec 10, 2011, 11:46 AM »
i  hit  the  white  out  and    turned  around  i'll  be  up  in  the  morning  looks  like  that  band  really  droped  on  you     10  mile  away  it's  sunny  lol

SNAGGER

« Reply #6939 on: Dec 10, 2011, 11:50 AM »
i  hit  the  white  out  and    turned  around  i'll  be  up  in  the  morning  looks  like  that  band  really  droped  on  you     10  mile  away  it's  sunny  lol

Just north right now, suns out..got about 5-6 inches quick.  Got some lures I been meaning to try on walleye, I'll go see if the coho's like em..hey trap hit some nice ones just upstream on floats yesterday....my works done, I'm goin fishin.

spoke too soon, it's hammering down snow again.  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

vogel451

« Reply #6940 on: Dec 10, 2011, 12:43 PM »
Wow 5-6 inches? the sun came out here this morning and all I see is grass! Whole different world out there here in ithaca.  Hey snagger, will the river stay low all threw the winter?  Do they still have water releases this late in the season?
-Mclovin out

trapper2000

« Reply #6941 on: Dec 10, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Wow 5-6 inches? the sun came out here this morning and all I see is grass! Whole different world out there here in ithaca.  Hey snagger, will the river stay low all threw the winter?  Do they still have water releases this late in the season?

was  sunny  in  volney  i  drove  rt  3  to  mexico  it  was  like  i  walked   throw  a  door     white  out  condions  at  times  i  made  it  to  pulaski  at  gas  station   the  cars   coming  from  toward  altmar  said  it  was   even  worse  ....  i  turned  around  ...if  i  was  there  i  would  have  stayed  but  it  sucked   hit  81    2  miles   south  CLEAR!  till i  hit  mexico exit  ...white  out  i  got   behind  plow  ...got  into  town   back  on  rt  3   sun shine....  i  was  born  and  raised   in    lake  effect  oswego  volney  pulaski  area   so  kinda   use  to  it  

KingPerch

« Reply #6942 on: Dec 10, 2011, 01:40 PM »
  Very short video of a coho smashing a crankbait.  I'll make a better one later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erGE-FJ9DgE&feature=youtu.be
Unbelievable!!  :bowdown:--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

SNAGGER

« Reply #6943 on: Dec 10, 2011, 03:42 PM »

Hit the River late, had things to do..Fished floats from about 2:15-4:00pm fast, hit the bridge to the wires and back, water dropped to 335 while I was fishing.....I did horrible ..... only had one quick fish on, that's it.  Yikes!!!! 
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

trapper2000

« Reply #6944 on: Dec 10, 2011, 05:04 PM »

Hit the River late, had things to do..Fished floats from about 2:15-4:00pm fast, hit the bridge to the wires and back, water dropped to 335 while I was fishing.....I did horrible ..... only had one quick fish on, that's it.  Yikes!!!! 

WHAT  ABOUT  THE  PETTING  ZOO   :rotflol: :rotflol:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.