FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: HUNT-n-CHEEKS THREAD (37 pound King back!!!)  (Read 202025 times)

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
Re: HUNTNY & CHEEKS 2011 BS THREAD (Big Lake Browns coming soon)
« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2011, 06:23 AM »
Cheeks last year...only trip we made it out...went 1 for 2 then we never went for Browns again...this year I'm gonna go a bit more...

\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Huntny30

« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2011, 06:52 AM »
An old school picture...I wish I had a camera from all the days of Charter fishing from age 10-18...lots of great fish and I have no pics for show...the best brown was a 28 1/2 pounds caught off the high rocks east of the nuke plants, back in 1989...it was a hog!  caught it on a little blue and white stinger spoon...I waschanging the lure, I popped the downrigger and let it flutter up and about 10 seconds after I popped it the rod took off like a salmon...I'm gonna try to get a pic...

\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Huntny30

« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2011, 04:59 PM »
Went andcast at Mexico point for a bit this afternoon...nothing...worth a try...

Lake Raker

• SteveK
« Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 2011, 07:49 AM »
You guys are everywhere. I'll take the 14 foot Starcraft, but not on the main lake.

Another site, another name ;)

STKA
SteveK

Huntny30

« Reply #19 on: Feb 19, 2011, 08:14 AM »
Nice...

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Feb 19, 2011, 08:18 AM »
An old school picture...I wish I had a camera from all the days of Charter fishing from age 10-18...lots of great fish and I have no pics for show...the best brown was a 28 1/2 pounds caught off the high rocks east of the nuke plants, back in 1989...it was a hog!  caught it on a little blue and white stinger spoon...I waschanging the lure, I popped the downrigger and let it flutter up and about 10 seconds after I popped it the rod took off like a salmon...I'm gonna try to get a pic...

Nice picture Hunt... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gert9888

« Reply #21 on: Feb 19, 2011, 08:21 AM »
ive had the 14 footer out on cayuga in 3 and 4 footers not fun shes just not wide enough and the gunwales are to shallow great flat water boat tho its for sale on craigslist binghamton
You can read the fishing report or be in it! Get out and fish

Huntny30

« Reply #22 on: Feb 19, 2011, 08:34 AM »
What kind of boat? My Lund is 16 foot and fishing with some good rollers can be a bit uncomfortable it rides pretty good...I just have to pay attention to the course I'm headed....sometimes I have to run into the waves and troll back through with them...if you watch the weather, we get a lot of spring days where it's like glass...but a little chop usually makes for better fishing...wind out of the west/NW and the warmer water fills up our shoreline...

Lake Raker

• SteveK
« Reply #23 on: Feb 19, 2011, 08:40 AM »
I've been keeping my eyes open for a 16' deep V, but very few ever come up for sale. If they do they've got a trailer and motor.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #24 on: Feb 19, 2011, 12:54 PM »
I've been keeping my eyes open for a 16' deep V, but very few ever come up for sale. If they do they've got a trailer and motor.

If you want to fish Ontario with confidence, I'd get a 18 footer or better..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Huntny30

« Reply #25 on: Feb 19, 2011, 02:38 PM »
I would definitely go bigger if I went out deep and used riggers...for what I do in the spring the little LUND works ok...maybe someday I'll upgrade...I'm in the process of making some new planer boards...gonna get a couple more rods off the back...

Lake Raker

• SteveK
« Reply #26 on: Feb 19, 2011, 07:36 PM »
  If you want to fish Ontario with confidence, I'd get a 18 footer or better..

We've got a 19' cuddy for trolling, but it won't be out in April. I want a 16'er for walleye and crappie fishing small waters.

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #27 on: Feb 20, 2011, 05:19 PM »
What are you looking to spend on a 16.5 footer??
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

esox v

« Reply #28 on: Feb 20, 2011, 05:40 PM »
What are you looking to spend on a 16.5 footer??
Knock it off !! Your not selling your boat !!  :'( :'( :'( :'(
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Huntny30

« Reply #29 on: Feb 22, 2011, 05:58 PM »
So Raquttedacker how many more days until your big spring trip?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.