FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: POLSON PERCH!!!!  (Read 12194 times)

fish to live

Re: POLSON PERCH!!!!
« Reply #60 on: Apr 21, 2013, 09:04 PM »
It's on ya weather sucks but bite is going off some large # of fish are be pulled out with some hogs

fish to live

« Reply #61 on: Apr 22, 2013, 10:13 PM »
Yes it was a good day had a real hog  give a good run today 13.5 long and 11.5 in girth

PerchAssault

« Reply #62 on: Apr 27, 2013, 07:59 AM »
Water temp was perfect yesterday...I personally still think the best is yet to come...you cant be too shallow...18-24" water. Had a buddy do real well yesterday once he got out of 3 feet and into shallower water...

fish to live

« Reply #63 on: Apr 27, 2013, 10:57 AM »
I think the fish left we had 100 fish days and now your lucky if you get 20 keepers , they might be in another part of the lake by now good luck but the bay is junk fishing right now hope it takes off soon

PerchAssault

« Reply #64 on: Apr 27, 2013, 04:44 PM »
Did those fish have eggs or were they already spawned? Usually, until those fish are eggless, there are still good days to come?  AND, there is always Big Arm and Elmo ;D

fish to live

« Reply #65 on: Apr 28, 2013, 09:47 AM »
Yes all the fish still had eggs and ya I new they needed to spawn, but think cold weather pushed them elsewhere , they should get back up in the shallows if the water hits right temp, hope to see the big girls back

perch poacher

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2013, 10:02 AM »
Fished East Bay yesterday along with 15 other boats.  We were all jumping around like a bunch of crickets looking for fish in the murky water from 3-7 FOW-nothing.  Finally, we saw one catching fish quite regularly.  We watched where he was "catching" for  over half an hour and then we "moved in"   where that OSPREY was diving and "CATHING" in three feet of murky water-it was so fun as they folded their wing and "splash"-out came a fish.  He shared 18 of his keeper perch with us-all males so nothng over 10 1/2 inches.  One other was 4 lb mack which went back to grow up and a 16" "northern pike minnow" (is that political correct)?  Talked to two other boats as we were leaving and neither caught a single perch-they didn't watch  "mother nature's good fisherman".  One boat did say, "If you brought up any vegetation from the bottom, it was loaded with perch eggs." so maybe the 'girls' have done their job and now it was the "boys" turn.  Used worms just off bottom.  Can get your res. lic. from Snappy's in Kalispell.

PerchAssault

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2013, 12:55 PM »
Gonna be tough fishing if it's too murky...but I would say you all were too deep...2' of water is the depth where I have the best luck year in and year out...if there are eggs in the weeds already, lets all hope the water temps stay up and the storms stay away...too much wind or a sudden temp drop kills the eggs, and that's not good for perch in coming years or whitefish fishing THIS year. We NEED a good perch hatch this year:-)

Thanks for the report!

Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.