FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Is this fish a Hybrid?  (Read 2416 times)

bunker killer

Is this fish a Hybrid?
« on: May 08, 2011, 07:50 PM »
The trout on the bottom/left, I was wondering if anyone knew what type it was, or is it a freak of nature? It has the tail of a brown, and a stripe like a rainbow, and the gill color is different from anything I've caught in Connecticut so far

Unfortunately that one was gutted the night before, and has been in the fridge so the colors are a little different.

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
Re: Is this fish a Hybrid?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 08:08 PM »
Just looks like a rainbow to me. I've seen them with all sorts of different color/speckle patterns.

hookembob

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 09:16 AM »
The trout on the bottom/left, I was wondering if anyone knew what type it was, or is it a freak of nature? It has the tail of a brown, and a stripe like a rainbow, and the gill color is different from anything I've caught in Connecticut so far

Unfortunately that one was gutted the night before, and has been in the fridge so the colors are a little different.

Hey Jim, sounds and looks like a fish my buddy has been getting up north in CT. Said the DEP stock something call a tiger trout. Where ever they are fishing these thing are hitting at bobbers. Yes hitting the bobber itself

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 11:09 AM »
that is very odd.   Take those pics and email them to your Local DEP.   They should be able to help you in finding out what fish that was.  It looks to have been stocked in the last few days, so that should really narrow it down.

I've never seen anything like it.  From the caudle peduncle forward, its a bow, from the peduncle back its a brown.

That is one crazy looking trout!!!!!

bunker killer

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 04:40 PM »
Thanks, My first thought was that they got the test tubes mixed up at the hatchery......LOL

bunker killer

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 08:28 PM »
I found a waterfall that's over looked because of how deep in the woods it is, so I gave it a try and it was loaded with fish. Here is a few

Fish Farmer

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 03:44 PM »
It is a male rainbow. I've raised lots of rainbows, even in the same strain you'll see variations like this, actually more "cutthroat" looking to me.

Bailbuster

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 03:57 PM »
It is a male rainbow. I've raised lots of rainbows, even in the same strain you'll see variations like this, actually more "cutthroat" looking to me.

Looks like a beat up stocker rainbow to me!!

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 04:03 PM »
Yeah, the dots on the body must have had disappeared postmortem, ...leaving just the big dots by the tail. Especially obvious with the last pic from today, those bows just have weird shaped dots by their tail.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.