FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anybody in Livingston/Springdale area?  (Read 1186 times)

RAM1961

Anybody in Livingston/Springdale area?
« on: May 26, 2011, 01:57 PM »
This isn't fishing related, but because we fish with passion, we know our local areas and all the back roads.

So I'm looking to head over to Billings first thing tomorrow morning - down I-90 all the way.  I see EB lane of I-90 is closed east of LIvingston - the MDT is saying re-route up 89 to White Sulfur then over to Harlowton and then back down to Big Timber.  Sheesh...175 miles for a 65 mile drive? 

So here's my question - any locals know the condition of the Convict Grade Road between 89 (just north of Yellowstone River) and it's intersection with Old Freight Road that drops back down into Springdale?  By freeway, that's about 15 miles - and is the stretch that is closed.  The road appears to follow river, then up into foothills then back out by Hunters Hot Springs(?). 

Anyway, if anybody has an idea, I'd appreciate knowing, just in case MDT doesn't figure out how to take the west bound lane of I-90 down to a two-way, two lane road for a couple miles like they do everywhere else in the state..... ::)

mtjigalo

Re: Anybody in Livingston/Springdale area?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 09:21 PM »
I don't know anything about the road conditions over there but nice closing sentence! ;D

RAM1961

Re: Anybody in Livingston/Springdale area?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 11:46 AM »
They opened it up to single lane traffic last nite.   Looking at  pics from over east - whatta mess in Roundup. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.