FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: vacation help please!  (Read 1526 times)

dadiddy2304

vacation help please!
« on: Jun 27, 2011, 10:02 PM »
I was wondering if you guys could throw me a bone and tell me about any white water rafting places within an hours drive of some nice trout/salmon lakes???  i know its asking a lot but i've been doin some surfing on the web and haven't found much.... any and all info is greatly appreciated...

FROZEN SHINER

Re: vacation help please!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2011, 12:18 AM »
I was wondering if you guys could throw me a bone and tell me about any white water rafting places within an hours drive of some nice trout/salmon lakes???  i know its asking a lot but i've been doin some surfing on the web and haven't found much.... any and all info is greatly appreciated...
where are you located

dadiddy2304

« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2011, 09:32 AM »
im from maine, and i know there are good white water rafting outfits up here as well as great trout and salmon lakes but my friends are from New York and im trying to find a halfway point in mass somewhere

deerhunter

« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2011, 12:52 PM »
nothing around hear. maybe vermont.

lavaman

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2011, 10:47 AM »
DEERFIELD RIVER  we went with crabapple whitewater. very pleased. upper and lower the upper is a higher class rating. the deerfield also has trout. clearmont ma. right on rt 2 west of springfield (the mohawk trail).

Oddfish

« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2011, 12:56 AM »
DEERFIELD RIVER  we went with crabapple whitewater. very pleased. upper and lower the upper is a higher class rating. the deerfield also has trout. clearmont ma. right on rt 2 west of springfield (the mohawk trail).

2X  Great River for both Rafting (Zoar Outdoor are great people) and fishing, plus many other rivers in the area!

Oddfish

stripernut

« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2011, 08:28 AM »
3x on the Deerfield. Arrowhead Bait & Tackle can help with the fishing info...

xjma

« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2011, 01:06 PM »
As previously stated there are a few good whitewater outfits in Charlemont, MA off Rt. 2.  I also concur, Arrowhead tackle in Shelburne, MA will point you in the right direction for trout on the deerfield and if the water is too low he will point you towards the nearest lake. 

If he recommends any thomas spoons, buy them and use them under the conditions he suggests!! 

lavaman

« Reply #8 on: Aug 12, 2011, 02:17 AM »
As previously stated there are a few good whitewater outfits in Charlemont, MA off Rt. 2.  I also concur, Arrowhead tackle in Shelburne, MA will point you in the right direction for trout on the deerfield and if the water is too low he will point you towards the nearest lake. 

If he recommends any thomas spoons, buy them and use them under the conditions he suggests!! 

i love happy endings. glad your trip worked out and thanks for the info

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.