FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lost my best friend........  (Read 5313 times)

TANK

Re: Lost my best friend........
« Reply #15 on: Oct 15, 2011, 03:55 PM »
Essox! I feel every bit of pain you do. I had to put my border collie down a month ago. She is now in a wooden box on my dresser with all the sports trophy's I won over the years. She was my shadow.
So sorry for your loss. Time along with the memories will help.
 Sluggo I started to cry when I read about the rainbow bridge.

BrookieSnatcher

« Reply #16 on: Oct 15, 2011, 04:01 PM »
Sorry for your loss....the worst part of having pets is they're probably going to pass before we do.Try to smile when you think about the 15 years you got to spend together.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2011, 04:15 PM »
Essox! I feel every bit of pain you do. I had to put my border collie down a month ago. She is now in a wooden box on my dresser with all the sports trophy's I won over the years. Sluggo I started to cry when I read about the rainbow bridge.
Ya Tank I know what you mean , but it's a good cry , at least for me . Sorry to hear about you're buddy as well Tank .

Dark Cloud

« Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2011, 04:27 PM »
Scott - Sorry to hear about your bud. Plain and simple - it sucks!
The small things are what seem to take forever getting over - ie, we will be finding tennis balls in the yard for years, walking out to get the paper without her...
Try and dull the pain with the good memories...
Here is one of my fav picts of Tank and Meg...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #19 on: Oct 15, 2011, 04:46 PM »
Sorry for your loss, Scott. Most of the things we enjoy in life has a price. Usually that price is up front. In the case of pets the greatest price comes after, in the form of pain at their loss. Having gone through that pain a few times I always find myself saying I won't have another because I don't want that pain again. It has never been long after though, that I come to my senses and realize that all the good and warmth that came from my pooch outweighed the final hurt. Put your focus on the good memories and, though there may still be tears, they will be different. At the present I have two small dogs that I have had for 11 years. I dread the day that I have to put them down, but I tell myself that their unconditional love is worth that cost.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #20 on: Oct 15, 2011, 04:55 PM »
Esox,

Your post brought tears to my eyes. I've been there done that a couple of times. I've never had a puppy as I have a soft heart for strays and dogs I picked up at the humane shelter, but it hurts just the same when they go.

Don't know if there's a heaven for dogs or even people but I sure hope so. My last dog came to me in a dream about a week after she passed and barked at me happily as if to say, "I'm O.K. everything's fine  thanks for being my companion." Don't know if it was just wishful thinking on my part but it seemed genuine.  
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

O

« Reply #21 on: Oct 15, 2011, 04:56 PM »
Esox, so sorry for your loss.  Keep the memories alive and remember there are lots of great dogs waiting for great homes and masters......

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Oct 15, 2011, 04:58 PM »
... remember there are lots of great dogs waiting for great homes and masters......

For sure. I was flabbergasted at the dogs that were available when I picked out my present one (Purebred Akita). I even saw some bird dogs and several pure breeds. The second time I came back they had euthanized a whole row of cages. Really made me feel bad. It appears some people are having to give up their pets in these hard economic times. That would hurt too.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Reel Force

« Reply #23 on: Oct 15, 2011, 05:08 PM »
        The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

-- Unknown

Lunch_Box

• Fish on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: Oct 15, 2011, 05:34 PM »
Esox, sorry for your loss.
"livin the dream"
"when the float drops, the BS stops!!!!!!!

wiredstone

« Reply #25 on: Oct 15, 2011, 05:50 PM »
Sorry for your loss. You should get a puppy for Christmas. It helps ease the pain.
wooo fish on. Never mind

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #26 on: Oct 15, 2011, 05:55 PM »
i am sorry for the loss bud. a new pup might help 8)

muffin man

« Reply #27 on: Oct 15, 2011, 06:28 PM »
My condolences. My dog Jake was a christmas gift to my wife when we built our log home on the lake. He was a black lab like yours and was the best friend I had. I had to put him down three years ago December 3rd due to old age. It was the first time my kids had seen me cry. It was awful. several months had gone by and we all were missing him and just having a dog so, we decided to pick up a new puppy, Abby. A chocolate lab. She has grown into a good dog but will never replace what Jake was. It still is tough, I make mistakes calling Abby,Jake it just is what it is. I hope you find it in your heart down the road and alow another dog into your life. It does help.

The muffin man

WildOutdoorAddict

• Get the net!
« Reply #28 on: Oct 15, 2011, 06:33 PM »
I feel your pain esox..We had to put our black lab down last year at 11 1/2 years old..He had ceisures for the time he was a puppy and we've spent thousands of dollars on medicines and vet appts. to keep him happy and with us that long. They sure do become a big part of your life.

filetandrelease

« Reply #29 on: Oct 15, 2011, 07:25 PM »
sorry to hear scott about your bud ,and hope yours gets better soon dots

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.