FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414705 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #360 on: May 10, 2012, 05:32 PM »
Thats why they call it fishing not catching. any time you get to go fishing is a good thing,and catching a few is even better. I do not see the problem. Rule # 1 don't leave fish to find fish

rule # 2 if that school is off feed leave those  to find ones that are on the feed just like ice fishing , i hate wasting my time and your right Jim and snag things are a little ahead of schedule ,but you both know fronts are not helpful , there is plenty of good jigging left , fishing is great but catching and eating is much better  ;D  but what do i know i have split a personality  :w00t:

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #361 on: May 10, 2012, 06:11 PM »

Nwoods

• stick um hard baby!!!!
« Reply #362 on: May 10, 2012, 06:56 PM »
can't wait for this !!!!! so i can hear my buddy Snag yelling at me!!!!
WE R  LOCKED !!!!!AND LOCKED AGAIN !!!

Hookinup

« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2012, 06:59 PM »
can't wait for this !!!!! so i can hear my buddy Snag yelling at me

Well then ... get after 'em. They're chewin' bro!

wiredstone

« Reply #364 on: May 10, 2012, 07:43 PM »
 :thumbup_smilie:
wooo fish on. Never mind

OneidaLakeEyes

• Ready for Walleye season yet?
« Reply #365 on: May 10, 2012, 07:44 PM »
Gonna head out tonight from shore. Maybe I can get a few. Cant wait to get a motor on my boat as my other one had a blown piston. Lookin for a 40-50 hp motor for it.
Walleye, Bullhead, Pike, Trout. Its that time of year again.

gatorsin09

« Reply #366 on: May 10, 2012, 08:00 PM »
going to head out in the morning and try some more on the west end. probably head around frenchmans or hit up some shoals.ill be the guy lookin lost in the camo boat if anyone wants to say hi

reeleyz

« Reply #367 on: May 10, 2012, 08:41 PM »
I made a quick trip tonight. I tried one spot for 20 minutes and dumped one on a sonar. I decided to make a move and the next spot I hit one on the second cast. I ended up with 3 keepers and one short in about 40 minutes. I missed and dumped several, all on a bucktail.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #368 on: May 10, 2012, 09:57 PM »
going to head out in the morning and try some more on the west end. probably head around frenchmans or hit up some shoals.ill be the guy lookin lost in the camo boat if anyone wants to say hi
I did good there on sunday, and only 1 pickeral !!   later...

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #369 on: May 10, 2012, 11:33 PM »
  2nd day of a west wind blow did the trick tonight , could pretty much catch them at will, I landed 22 eyes in a little over 2 hours , missed alot of bites and dumped alot.. it was pretty much non stop.....With fair weather and warmer temps for the next week, I'm pretty sure this was the that one night you get from shore every spring that is off the hook . It's these nights that keep you going til it happens again...Insane night.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

filetandrelease

« Reply #370 on: May 11, 2012, 04:35 AM »

good job guys , well snag you sure did give -em a sore mouth  ;D

reeleyz

« Reply #371 on: May 11, 2012, 05:12 AM »
Nice job SNAGGER, it looked like a perfect night for a good shore bite.

Hollywood

« Reply #372 on: May 11, 2012, 06:07 AM »
 2nd day of a west wind blow did the trick tonight , could pretty much catch them at will, I landed 22 eyes in a little over 2 hours , missed alot of bites and dumped alot.. it was pretty much non stop.....With fair weather and warmer temps for the next week, I'm pretty sure this was the that one night you get from shore every spring that is off the hook . It's these nights that keep you going til it happens again...Insane night.

Nice...and todays winds are a notch higher than yesterdays. It does seem that the bite going on now is the one that usually is going on the third or last week in May, hope they stay on the bottom through June but I'll bet things start getting a bit tougher mid-month. These are the good ol' days right now.

Hookinup

« Reply #373 on: May 11, 2012, 06:40 AM »

Nice job Snag. I love it when a plan comes together!

OTIS

« Reply #374 on: May 11, 2012, 07:12 AM »
I launched out of Holmes and snug 3 times since Friday and stopped there last night, very few, almost none. a dozen under a street lamp, but thats it.

Grgeat job on the eyes!

We keep the tooner at Snug and we've had a decent school of buckeye's around the dock all spring, but the school is getting smaller by the day.  We have a 4-5 pound smallmouth making her nest under our dock.  We've seen her take quite a few buckeye's out of the school!  We're definitely a couple seeks ahead of schedule.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.