FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414237 times)

KingPerch

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #420 on: May 12, 2012, 06:55 PM »
Its too bad FM could not go with us KP, but he was in timeout again ;D

:w00t:

HT.....NO talk needed!! ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

filetandrelease

« Reply #421 on: May 12, 2012, 08:13 PM »
Its too bad FM could not go with us KP, but he was in timeout again ;D

ya all that splashing around does make the eyes a little nervous ;)

a bud of mine went out and trolled did an even dozen and was home by 9:00 nice fish no monsters

i got my work caught up and will get a chance to play tommorrow
nice pics guys

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #422 on: May 12, 2012, 09:11 PM »
This thread is useless without pictures!! ;)
Well there is more then Just walleye to catch in that awesome lake.. Here are some pictures from our morning going for a panfish fish fry.. HT Myself and my Daughter.. Also With my daughter, Umm.. I didn't have to do anything she did it all by herself with no major help from me (just the Worms) ;D

16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

OTIS

« Reply #423 on: May 12, 2012, 09:21 PM »
Great pictures and reports!

Its crazy out there!  We took Ellie out to test her new kayak and I figured while we were out there... ::)  So a couple casts later we were into the eyes!  Mom landed two, Ellie picked up a short out of the kayak, and I dropped 7 fish!  Man, I couldn't keep them on the hook!  The girls got "cold" when the bite was hot, so we headed in for the day.  Sneaking out EARLY tomorrow for a quick boat ride.  Have to be home in time to make mama breakfast in bead! ;D  If mama aint happy, aint nobody happy!

Snagger, the buckeye's were stacked in Snug last night!  I met a friend of your's today.  He's my neighbor at the marina, and was fishing with Big Jim last night.

Hollywood, that's an awesome picture of your father!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #424 on: May 13, 2012, 02:55 AM »
I'm having luck with anything with a white belly but my go to color is black/silver original floating Rapala.

Black and silver holographic  challengers have been working well also.

LOA

« Reply #425 on: May 13, 2012, 07:05 AM »
Got out lat night right at dark. Lake was smoooth. Waded out reel slow as the water was like glass. Immediately started seeing some minnows being chased. Set me up for awesome expectations. Weeds are starting to up pop more in my spot a little pain keeping the green off my trebles. Anyway, every 15 min or so I'd see a splash, see minnows break, or hear. Threw my challengers for an hour straight with out a bite. Switched to a smallish black/chrome husky jerk and first cast fish one. This fish was a fighter, I'm thinking I have a nice walleye on. Then it jumped 3 times in a row. My walleye hopes were crushed. It was a nice smallie. The next cast after that I landed a rock bass, then a few min later I foul hooked a blue gill. Around a half hour later I landed a shot walleye and that was it. Fished until 11:30.

I was thinking of heading to oneida shores to try that, but as i was leaving a guy was coming. He said oneida shores is gated up and you can't get in at night anymore?

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #426 on: May 13, 2012, 07:22 AM »
The bite came on late for my father and cousin and family friend. Purple and black pill head 3/8 jigs in 6-9 FOW Late morning. Once they got on them the boat limit ended under an hour. Looks like a great day for most of us.

See ya on the water!!
SCG
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #427 on: May 13, 2012, 08:08 AM »
nice job guys, beats dragging leaches :D  i did good last night, my first spot produced 15 eyes but only one keeper. when i moved i picked up a nice limit in about 15 minues then started throwing them back.  i have never caught that many small eyes in this area before, nice to see a good crop coming up. 

Great reports guys!!!!!!!

After doing last nights shift couldn't do the daybreak one, so me and my buddy big Jim from pa got there a little later, started fishing at 930am , We were greated by bright sunshine and calm conditions after reading the weather forecasts for 10-15mph winds, thought great we'll do well if we find a nice group of eyes with the light drift, and we did right out of the gate. Started jigging sonars in 16 fow and second cast , first waldo in the boat, next  hour and half produced 11 eyes in the boat in 15-18 fow. A breeze set up that messed with our drift so we took off for deeper water, settled into 19-23 feet flat and picked at a few more, then drove even a tad deeper to a 25 fow  flat and got some more nice ones... ended up with 25 eyes and 2 perch by 330pm... Great first day back jigging sonars from a boat. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

shut up and fish

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #428 on: May 13, 2012, 09:18 AM »
Great reports fellas, lots of nice fish. Gonna give it a go later this afternoon. Keep it up.

lehigh vally

« Reply #429 on: May 13, 2012, 11:08 AM »
WOW Frank super nice close up shots! Good color balance and spot on focus...i wouldn't mind visiting that lake my self to snap off a few   ::)   nice action shots of the kid to, she really knows way around a fishing rod...   :thumbup_smilie:

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #430 on: May 13, 2012, 11:40 AM »
WOW Frank super nice close up shots! Good color balance and spot on focus...i wouldn't mind visiting that lake my self to snap off a few   ::)   nice action shots of the kid to, she really knows way around a fishing rod...   :thumbup_smilie:
Well There are settings on the canon p,TV AV and A-dep that I have been playing with LV. So far I Manual and Program lol. Still playing with the WB lol. There was a couple of shots that I should have used fill flash with but I am still learning.

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #431 on: May 13, 2012, 12:59 PM »
Nice pictures SCG!

My girlfriend got a big kick out of the picture of your daughter (picture #4) where she is all camo'd up ... except for her little silver slip shoes ... LoL ... That's a classic!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #432 on: May 13, 2012, 01:21 PM »

Hit Oneida this morning from 630-1130am, the fish we hit yesterday in shallow moved, so we did a couple real long drifts between bouy 109 and 107.... never really found any clusters of fish at any certain depth, just a steady pick, Me and Jimmy put 17 eyes in the boat and dumped a half dozen each...also got some bonus perch while jigging sonars for the frying pan... Second day in arow couldn't use gps tracks on my fishfinder, I think I got to take my battery back, it died again....Another Beautiful weather day again for a second straight weekend, how nice is that...great fun morning.

heres a couple pics.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

lehigh vally

« Reply #433 on: May 13, 2012, 02:21 PM »
Nice job Jimmy and Shane on the catch and the awesome pic's...love the mid air flopper in the bottom one     :rotflol:  did you put your boat in yet Shane?  Ill be back in a few weeks   :-\

The Reel Deal

• Early Worm Gets The Lunker
« Reply #434 on: May 13, 2012, 02:30 PM »
Good fish, its making me hungry! haha

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.