FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414770 times)

OTIS

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #450 on: May 13, 2012, 06:29 PM »
Good job guys!

Shane, I must have passed you. I was heading in when you were heading out.

Hit the spot at 5:30 and had a limit plus a couple perch by 6:20.  The lake was like glass, but the first three casts with a sonar resulted in three dropped fish, and two perch.  I'm starting to wonder if some of my drops are smaller perch.  I switched over to a buck tail and crawler and picked up the eyes.  I still dropped a couple fish though.  The bite died quick around 6:30, no hits for the last the last 20 minutes.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #451 on: May 13, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Good job guys!

Shane, I must have passed you. I was heading in when you were heading out.

Hit the spot at 5:30 and had a limit plus a couple perch by 6:20.  The lake was like glass, but the first three casts with a sonar resulted in three dropped fish, and two perch.  I'm starting to wonder if some of my drops are smaller perch.  I switched over to a buck tail and crawler and picked up the eyes.  I still dropped a couple fish though.  The bite died quick around 6:30, no hits for the last the last 20 minutes.

The only bites we had shallow 15-17 fow, were perch, nice chunky 10-11 inchers, a guy targeting them could do well on the east end right now, mine had buckeyes and snails in there bellies.  There was a boat coming in as we were going out... ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Hollywood

« Reply #452 on: May 13, 2012, 06:56 PM »
Awesome trips & pics everybody...fun coming on here to see several pages of guys, gals & kids having fun out there! I went for a short trip this afternoon, fished about an hour & a half and picked up 7, 3 on sonar, 4 on bucktail - also picked up the first sheephead on a sonar in 22'. Very few boats out this afternoon, nice peaceful day.

coachwarner

« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2012, 08:00 PM »
I and release hit the water this morning started shallow and watched release dump 4 in a row ,then he catches 2 perch Omg what a pain ,got my 3 and had to take him out to 30 feet off 1 of my ice spots, he finally gets his limit and don't you know he gets a pickerel out there and 4 more perch i couldn't wait to get him home ,maybe i should just leave him there next time so the tally was filet 3 for 3 release 3 for 7 , 6 perch and a pickerel ,but it was a nice day though ,now i have the rest of the week to unwind at work ,all on sticks , water temp ranged from 56.6- 60.5

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Glad to see you guys are getting along, and made it back safely!! I take it you didnt let release drive the boat again  :w00t:
What does release do all day when your working, polish the boat ? :laugh:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

OTIS

« Reply #454 on: May 13, 2012, 08:57 PM »
  The only bites we had shallow 15-17 fow, were perch, nice chunky 10-11 inchers, a guy targeting them could do well on the east end right now, mine had buckeyes and snails in there bellies.  There was a boat coming in as we were going out... ;D

Ya quick trip this morning, I had to get home in time to make breakfast in bed for Lovie. :laugh:
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Munson

« Reply #455 on: May 14, 2012, 12:26 AM »
  If anyone was fishing Oneida Shores by the launch yesterday afternoon and lost / forgot their tackle bag full of tackle, we have it.
  We noticed it as we were pulling the boat out.   The tackle bag and other items were sitting right by the big wooden sign by the launch.   There is no identification in or on the bag so you'll need to identify it and it's contents .
  The bag and other items will be delivered to it's rightful owner ASAP !

filetandrelease

« Reply #456 on: May 14, 2012, 04:55 AM »
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Glad to see you guys are getting along, and made it back safely!! I take it you didnt let release drive the boat again  :w00t:
What does release do all day when your working, polish the boat ? :laugh:

thats close  :w00t:

seems like everyone did pretty well this weekend , now back to work in the rain  >:(

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #457 on: May 14, 2012, 07:20 PM »
finally got out for a little while after work. got 1 20" walleye. it was beautiful out there. brought the mrs. with me. now she wants to get her fishing license. it was a nice relaxing trip. I needed it ;D ;D ;D.   later...

PeterC

« Reply #458 on: May 14, 2012, 07:27 PM »
Hey guys, I have a boat rental coming up for this weekend out of Charley's which means mosly around the west end ( the islands) or Constantia if the lake is nice. I can save an hour coming from Albany if I use Marion Marina and fish that area. Which makes the most sense?

filetandrelease

« Reply #459 on: May 14, 2012, 07:45 PM »

I caught eyes at both ends of the lake Sun. there is eyes through the entire lake just findin the ones that want to bite is the tricky part , good luck on your search , read some of the replies  that might help with your choice , and don't forget the night bite 

OTIS

« Reply #460 on: May 14, 2012, 08:13 PM »
I only fish the east end.  If you head out from Marion Manor, get on the water as early as you can.  I like to be on the water for first light.  Heddon Sonars (gold, shad, perch, etc...)  in the larger size or buck tails tipped with half a crawler jigged in 20ish feet of water are catching fish.  Drift between 107 to 109 or anywhere on the large flat out there, but I try to stay in around 20 feet.

OneidaLakeEyes

• Ready for Walleye season yet?
« Reply #461 on: May 14, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Anybody gettin any walleyes out of Oneida River??!!
Walleye, Bullhead, Pike, Trout. Its that time of year again.

fishaddict

« Reply #462 on: May 14, 2012, 08:32 PM »
Looking for a place on Oneida Lake that rents boats for the day/ week.

Thanks for the help.
Tight Lines

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #463 on: May 14, 2012, 08:42 PM »
Looking for a place on Oneida Lake that rents boats for the day/ week.

Thanks for the help.

Charlies boat livery
82 McCloud Road, West Monroe, NY. 1 (315) 668-6341
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishingaddict

• Fishing is not an addiction, Its the CURE!
« Reply #464 on: May 14, 2012, 08:53 PM »
Pretty cool name there fishaddict ;D
Fish fear me!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.