FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414306 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #510 on: May 16, 2012, 10:19 PM »
Guys, if I were to make the trek out to Oneida from honeyed with my 16' 9.9 horse boat, would I be able to safely make it to some decent walleye fishing grounds? if so could you possible put me in the right direction as far as where on the lake or which launches to head out of? any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated

yes weather not being a problem cause it does get rough fast here , right now there is still a trolling bite going on early in the morning in 12-15' fow , long line small sticks and  some jigging in around 20' call or stop at APPS bait and tackle for more info number is 315-675-8334, and maybe some of the other guys might give you a PM to help out , good luck

The Reel Deal

• Early Worm Gets The Lunker
« Reply #511 on: May 16, 2012, 10:30 PM »
Good fish guys! Keep at it!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #512 on: May 16, 2012, 11:39 PM »

Got back down to Oneida tonight, fished from 845pm til a little after 11pm..... wind was rippin, after sunset waves just kept building, not settling down... Fished in the surf, picked up 2 keepers on huskies , was stuck at 2 for a while, thought I might break my streak ... then switched to surfing twisters, picked up another 2 good ones and 4 shorties,  my 10th straight limit......my 2 buddies both limited also, fun night.....felt like November.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Hollywood

« Reply #513 on: May 17, 2012, 05:49 AM »
 Got back down to Oneida tonight, fished from 845pm til a little after 11pm..... wind was rippin, after sunset waves just kept building, not settling down... Fished in the surf, picked up 2 keepers on huskies , was stuck at 2 for a while, thought I might break my streak ... then switched to surfing twisters, picked up another 2 good ones and 4 shorties,  my 10th straight limit......my 2 buddies both limited also, fun night.....felt like November.

Nice! I see you mentioned surfing twisters, I assume you mean swimming a jig with a twister tail high & fast? There was one fall back about 25 years ago I got to a favorite point an hour and a half before dark & was messing around with different things. I couldn't get a sniff on stick baits but when I tried a jig with a yellow twister tail on a fast retrieve under the surface I started smashing the smallies & walleyes, it was nuts. It worked that fall then I never could seem to get those results again, haven't tried it in years now but it was fun- they crushed it on the hit. That wind was something last night, I was casting short because the longer casts were making just too much of a rainbow in the line for a quick enough reaction to the hit. Glad you're on 'em- this has been a May to remember!

OTIS

« Reply #514 on: May 17, 2012, 06:38 AM »
Guys, if I were to make the trek out to Oneida from honeoye with my 16' 9.9 horse boat, would I be able to safely make it to some decent walleye fishing grounds? if so could you possible put me in the right direction as far as where on the lake or which launches to head out of? any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Read my post on page 31.  There's a LOT of good information in this thread!  If you haven't fished the lake before or you do not regularly fish the lake, it will pay to read this thread from beginning to end!  ;)
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

zackblain

« Reply #515 on: May 17, 2012, 06:44 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the help guys

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #516 on: May 17, 2012, 07:33 AM »
octanehi5, I will let Dave know. Those are some nice fish. The lake is at target level for this time of year. It took awhile to come up. Walleye bite has been good, so has the pike....hunts2long

walleye1

« Reply #517 on: May 17, 2012, 07:51 AM »
Great trip with a couple friends tonight, we found fish everywhere we looked but many weren't in the mood to play. As it got a little later they started to turn on & we managed to bring our limit back. The jig/worm was outfishing the sonars in the relatively flat conditions out there this evening. What a beautiful night though, great weather and conversation and Cubby even managed to get a little leg action.  8)

All I can say is that it sucks not to be able to see pics here at work anymore!! 

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #518 on: May 17, 2012, 08:42 AM »
All I can say is that it sucks not to be able to see pics here at work anymore!! 

FM has the pics from that night..... Come on Lance, we're waiting.........................................

walleye1

« Reply #519 on: May 17, 2012, 10:51 AM »
FM has the pics from that night..... Come on Lance, we're waiting.........................................

Good to know! I'll have to walk up to his house and check them out. 

KingPerch

« Reply #520 on: May 17, 2012, 05:45 PM »
:rotflol:

You guys are killing me. Cubby had a chubby;D
You said CHUBBY!! ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #521 on: May 17, 2012, 05:46 PM »
You guys sure he made it home that night??? he's been MIA since then...... ::)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Hollywood

« Reply #522 on: May 17, 2012, 08:19 PM »
Nice night tonight... Got to go out with my buddy and his father in law that loves to fish- always a pleasure to have a guy with 80 years experience and still full of enthusiasm on board! My buddy got a nice one on his first cast, then it was a hunt to find more. It took a bit but eventually we landed on a small section of productive water that got us there after a few drifts. We caught fish from 15-30' split between the sonar and bucktail/worm. The wind was just right, bright beautiful skies and good company... love nights like this!

reeleyz

« Reply #523 on: May 17, 2012, 08:24 PM »
And the BiTE goes on.  ;D

Took my mom out after work. We fished from 6:30 until 8:00 and ended up with 9 eyes, 8 keepers, a nice sunny, and a sheepshead. We jigged bucktails in 13'-22' FOW. It was a perfect drift too.

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #524 on: May 17, 2012, 08:56 PM »
Good job fellas (and Mom)!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.