FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415216 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #555 on: May 18, 2012, 09:50 PM »
Got on the lake at 930, had my limit by 945 on sonar. 18 fow. Dad n GF changed over from bucktails and picked up a few more. Bass were hitting in between the eyes. Eyes ranged from 17-21.5". Fishing slowed down with the light chop. Couple pics.

My buddy Rooster inspecting some eyes

I love smallmouth fishin, but when they get those sonars in them, thats a mess once in the boat.   Nice job Bauls.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #556 on: May 18, 2012, 09:53 PM »
fished east end in 24ft with bucktail and crawler and sonars. got my limit and about 8 others that were shorts.

You picked some up on sonars, that's great, nice work....  :thumbup_smilie:

Hollywood your on fire bro, I'll take 8 for 4 hours tomorrow morning.  ;D  Last weekend on the east end for me, then I'm headed westward into sheepshead country, maybe I'll run into you soon Tom.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

kingfisher22

« Reply #557 on: May 18, 2012, 09:53 PM »
Little Joe strikes again!

SNAGGER

« Reply #558 on: May 18, 2012, 09:55 PM »
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

kingfisher22

« Reply #559 on: May 18, 2012, 09:59 PM »
Thinking about trying the east end tomorrow.  Maybe I'll see you out there Tom.  Would like to meet you Snagger. 

Bug were brutal tonight!  Flying up my nose, ears and in my eyes.  Thank God they don't bite!

SNAGGER

« Reply #560 on: May 18, 2012, 10:02 PM »
Thinking about trying the east end tomorrow.  Maybe I'll see you out there Tom.  Would like to meet you Snagger.  

Bug were brutal tonight!  Flying up my nose, ears and in my eyes.  Thank God they don't bite!

I seen your big steel boat one time years ago on shackleton, looked like a warship coming.  Your headed east and i'm headed west, we will run into each other very soon.... ;D  just look for a dinky 16 foot starcraft. Should have it in the water next weekend.

Everybody set the bar pretty high tonight, hope we can live up to it tomorrow. Should be busy out there...good luck boys.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #561 on: May 18, 2012, 11:11 PM »
  I crossed that bridge in Brewerton at night once, its suicidal, only like 2 feet of room between you and 75mph tractor trailers.

Yeah...just walked that trail 2 weeks ago with my pal Tim. It was during the day though, those vehicles rip through there. In all reallity though, that is not intended for anglers. Be careful people, if you decide to take that hike..... all I can say.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #562 on: May 18, 2012, 11:14 PM »
Hey Lance....did Cubby get his limit???? :rotflol: :rotflol: :w00t: :w00t:--KP ;D

Limit of Legs....for sure! ;D   Then he went to the front of the boat and put his master on a hot bite.

filetandrelease

« Reply #563 on: May 19, 2012, 05:01 AM »
a walleye sniffing dog now we know your secret Hollywood , nice job on the eyes everyone

Hollywood

« Reply #564 on: May 19, 2012, 05:27 AM »
a walleye sniffing dog now we know your secret Hollywood , nice job on the eyes everyone

<<<<<< Now you know why his pic is here!

Awesome to see all the great reports!   Headed out in a little while- hope the breeze picks up a bit.

filetandrelease

« Reply #565 on: May 19, 2012, 06:07 AM »

being an old fart sometimes the info takes a little while to sink in , you sure have been all over those eyes ,NICE

Scout185

« Reply #566 on: May 19, 2012, 06:25 AM »
The man hit on 81 died yesterday morning. He was a friend I've known since childhood. He had a heart of gold. I had a big brown trout in his freezer, that I was saving up to have mounted. He took a taxidermy class, and surprised me one Christmas Eve with a beautiful mount of my trout. It hangs in my livingroom, and will always remind me of all the good times we had. I hope he had his limit when he was hit. Great guy.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #567 on: May 19, 2012, 06:34 AM »
The man hit on 81 died yesterday morning. He was a friend I've known since childhood. He had a heart of gold. I had a big brown trout in his freezer, that I was saving up to have mounted. He took a taxidermy class, and surprised me one Christmas Eve with a beautiful mount of my trout. It hangs in my livingroom, and will always remind me of all the good times we had. I hope he had his limit when he was hit. Great guy.
sorry to hear, GOD BLESS. i'm sure he had his limit.   sully...

filetandrelease

« Reply #568 on: May 19, 2012, 06:40 AM »

sorry to hear , our thoughts go out for the lose of your friend and his family

KingPerch

« Reply #569 on: May 19, 2012, 07:17 AM »
Thoughts and prayers go out to your friend and his family!! God Bless!

Nice fish to all who are still clobbering them!! ;)--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.