FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415174 times)

tracker 1

Hollywood

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #586 on: May 20, 2012, 10:56 AM »
Much tougher for me this morning. I found a couple of areas with more fish than I've seen so far this year, best readings on the screen I've seen in a long time...but I couldn't get them to go. Fished 4 hours and managed 6 from other spots but I spent most of the time trying to figure out the ones sleeping on the bottom- they won! What a beautiful weekend this has been.

reeleyz

« Reply #587 on: May 20, 2012, 11:20 AM »
I thought it was a maroon Lund?? ;D

Glad to see everyone having some action. Keep the pics coming. Keeps me motivated till I have my days off.

Pretty sure it's a white LUND  ;)

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #588 on: May 20, 2012, 12:01 PM »
Pretty sure it's a white LUND  ;)

No, no. Royal Blue Lund

cnypanfisher

« Reply #589 on: May 20, 2012, 12:16 PM »
Went out again with Walt this morning and the walleyes were tight lipped and I only got 1.

We did get a bonus 15 sunfish as I put a rig down with 2 separate spinners on snelled hooks as we had no wind. Stayed at the edge of the grass, gonna have a nice sunfish dinner tonight, yum yum.

Would be real nice to get a limit of these jumbo sunfish, they are tasty nuggets.

CNY

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #590 on: May 20, 2012, 12:40 PM »
No, no. Royal Blue Lund

It's never the same color. Changes all the time ... like the horse on the wizard of oz.

Went out this morning with my g/f. It was a tough bite for us too. We managed 11 walleyes, but most of them came off a small productive hump. We worked it to death, then went on a search for new fish. Zero luck with that. No biters. They bit the Black/Purple bucktail early, then the sonar bite got going after the sun was up for a while.

Uhmmmm ... I don't want to tell you this, but .... She beat me 6 to 5 today. She hasn't said much about it yet, but I know she's gonna!!!

Vultures are out in full force. Don't be seen with a bent rod or with a net in your hand ,,, or your gonna get company. Stopped to talk to Hollywood for a few minutes and we had two steaming at us within seconds. We had to start up and run.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #591 on: May 20, 2012, 01:09 PM »
   Great reports everyone!!!!! :thumbup_smilie:

Well it was an interesting weekend for us...On the water at daybreak Saturday, had 20 eyes landed by 9am, then a big breakdown ....so that ended that hot streak, re grouped and hit the Lake this morning at daybreak.. first time more westward, descent bite for the guys with me, they put 18 in the boat, but I struggled trying to figure out how the eyes wanted it jigged today, only managed 4 .. we were done by 1030am once it got flat and hot out.. Saw alot of fish caught this weekend by everyone we fished around.

heres our weekend eyes just before getting the knife, my good buddy Jeff and Jimmy.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #592 on: May 20, 2012, 01:20 PM »
couldn't agree with you more hookinup. we were out last week, and we were being watched. as soon as one of us hooked up three other boats made the same drift as us. we moved, still caught fish, and the same thing happened each time we moved, witch was alot.
   on a better note. I worked on my boat all day. found 3 shorts in the ignition wiring. it,s running great now. all I have to do is get an alternator tomorrow. the shorts burned up the voltage regulator. should be good to go  ;D ;D ;D. congrats on the great fishing. hopefully I'll be on em soon !!   later...

lehigh vally

« Reply #593 on: May 20, 2012, 01:39 PM »
Nice Job boys!!! Cant wait till Friday  :w00t:

LOA

« Reply #594 on: May 20, 2012, 03:24 PM »
We went out the south shore boat launch today. My first time ever jigging for walleyes. I caught basically everything but eyes..

I got one short eye, lost at least 4 fish that i am certain were eyes based on the way they fought. Then I went on to catch a sheepshead, two northerns, the biggest smallmouth bass I have ever seen in person, and a jumbo sunfish.

The guy I was with lost multiple fish, landed 4 eyes that ran from 18" to 21", and two smallies..

Not a bad morning, left by 10am. Didn't see any other fish caught...

I need to get more practice in jigging for walleye. I need a boat, or at least more friends with boats...

Anyone want a passenger this week after work in the evenin?

duffy

« Reply #595 on: May 20, 2012, 03:31 PM »
Wow Jeff without the wrist brace,lol. Looking great guys!!

skunkedbywalleye

« Reply #596 on: May 20, 2012, 04:09 PM »
First time on oneida this season for me and three buddies. We managed 14 and missed a few that felt like walleye, a couple of nice smallies, two yellow perch, a white perch and a couple of drum. The jig method worked the best today. Had a lip ripper, crank and stick bait on for awhile but went back to the jig. It was Africa hot out there after that wind died. The bite was a little slower after that but we struck to pretty much one gradual hump we like. Just had to really feel what was going on down there.

Crazy question....I have a 140 horse Johnson that run fine at lower RPM's and once I get on plane and go for awhile it acts like something is going through the fuel line. I have always run ethanol trt., just put in a water separator last year and I have a new fuel filter. The engine does not stall but it just feels like?????

KingPerch

« Reply #597 on: May 20, 2012, 05:43 PM »
First time on oneida this season for me and three buddies. We managed 14 and missed a few that felt like walleye, a couple of nice smallies, two yellow perch, a white perch and a couple of drum. The jig method worked the best today. Had a lip ripper, crank and stick bait on for awhile but went back to the jig. It was Africa hot out there after that wind died. The bite was a little slower after that but we struck to pretty much one gradual hump we like. Just had to really feel what was going on down there.

Crazy question....I have a 140 horse Johnson that run fine at lower RPM's and once I get on plane and go for awhile it acts like something is going through the fuel line. I have always run ethanol trt., just put in a water separator last year and I have a new fuel filter. The engine does not stall but it just feels like?????
Good job on the fish!! ;)  Try a new fuel pump!! ;)--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #598 on: May 20, 2012, 05:44 PM »
  Great reports everyone!!!!! :thumbup_smilie:

Well it was an interesting weekend for us...On the water at daybreak Saturday, had 20 eyes landed by 9am, then a big breakdown ....so that ended that hot streak, re grouped and hit the Lake this morning at daybreak.. first time more westward, descent bite for the guys with me, they put 18 in the boat, but I struggled trying to figure out how the eyes wanted it jigged today, only managed 4 .. we were done by 1030am once it got flat and hot out.. Saw alot of fish caught this weekend by everyone we fished around.

heres our weekend eyes just before getting the knife, my good buddy Jeff and Jimmy.

Good job guys!!  :bowdown:--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #599 on: May 20, 2012, 06:13 PM »

Like KP said ... could be the fuel pump. Try squeezing the primer bulb while it's stuttering and see if it makes a difference. Also ... might be electrical. I had similar symptoms one time with my 90 HP johnson and it was due to a stator coil breaking down at higher rpms.

Maybe FM can chime in with ideas?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.