FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415277 times)

skunkedbywalleye

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #600 on: May 20, 2012, 06:29 PM »
Thanks KP and Hookinup  8)   Engines have never been a strong point in my arsenal and when you guys come up with these suggestions to try it blows me away!

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #601 on: May 20, 2012, 07:35 PM »
Thanks KP and Hookinup  8)   Engines have never been a strong point in my arsenal and when you guys come up with these suggestions to try it blows me away!

Forgot to tell you .... put a big steady squeeze on the primer bulb ... don't pump it like you are priming it.

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #602 on: May 20, 2012, 07:41 PM »
Went out Friday morning @6am with a friend, had our limit by 10. And then the bugs invaded us. Went out today with the wife around noon, and within minutes of stopping the boat i had probably 75 to 100 bugs all over me. In my nose. in my ears and i had enough. Went to 3 mile bay and hung out and got a little burnt. All in all a beautiful day to be on the water.
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

LOA

« Reply #603 on: May 20, 2012, 07:54 PM »
The bugs are insane and highly irritating!

rangerrick

« Reply #604 on: May 20, 2012, 08:07 PM »
Fished midlake last night and this morning with my 13 son.  We caught 2 walleye jigging last night and lost a 3rd (8-11 fow), but couldn't manage any walleyes this morning.  Sounds like we would've had more action on the east end, but we still had fun.  It sure was some beautiful weather this weekend.  Just bought a place on the south shore and i'm looking forward to hitting the lake with my 2 boys more than 1-2 times per year.

reeleyz

« Reply #605 on: May 21, 2012, 05:20 AM »
Went out Friday morning @6am with a friend, had our limit by 10. And then the bugs invaded us. Went out today with the wife around noon, and within minutes of stopping the boat i had probably 75 to 100 bugs all over me. In my nose. in my ears and i had enough. Went to 3 mile bay and hung out and got a little burnt. All in all a beautiful day to be on the water.

Sounds farmiliar...

I went out yesterday afternoon with my wife for a bit and the bugs were crazy and it was hot. I ran her back in and came back out and fished for a while. I checked a bunch of spots and most of the fish I marked were hugging bottom. Finally hit a nice smallie jigging then a keeper eye. The wind picked up so I threw out a spinner and picked up another keeper eye. So I threw out 2 spinners and they started getting hammered....by white perch! I caught 6 or 7 fast. I headed in after that.

It seemed more like "normal" Oneida lake fishing out there yesterday.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #606 on: May 21, 2012, 08:20 AM »
Got out this morning at day break. had my limit by 7:30 :o. droped 3, lost 2 at the boat, a huge largemouth, and 2 pickerals. a great morning on the west end, but man was it rough !! 5' waves !! all fish were caught on a black jig with purple tinsel on 6lb fireline in 12 fow. the water temp. was 63.    later...

OTIS

« Reply #607 on: May 21, 2012, 08:58 AM »
Y'all are killing me! :D  I haven't been on the water since mothers day!  Hopefully I'll be able to hit the evening bite after work at least once this week.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

The Reel Deal

• Early Worm Gets The Lunker
« Reply #608 on: May 21, 2012, 10:11 AM »
Killn em! Good work!

Munson

« Reply #609 on: May 21, 2012, 10:24 AM »
Walleyes hugging the bottom + big bug hatches = walleyes feeding heavily on emerging larva !

reeleyz

« Reply #610 on: May 21, 2012, 11:09 AM »
Got out this morning at day break. had my limit by 7:30 :o. droped 3, lost 2 at the boat, a huge largemouth, and 2 pickerals. a great morning on the west end, but man was it rough !! 5' waves !! all fish were caught on a black jig with purple tinsel on 6lb fireline in 12 fow. the water temp. was 63.    later...

Nicely done!

The surface water temp was 75 yesterday in the afternoon before the wind came up.

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #611 on: May 21, 2012, 11:31 AM »
Big Jim - where's the real story why the boat broke down lol!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta be nicer to that old boat, it's like a best friend to me. 

I got out Friday and went after some pre-season smallies and had a good time with an old friend of mine. I usually pick up a few eyes mixed in but I didn't touch any but I was pretty shallow and it was a bright day. We ended up 30 bass between us, actually a little slow, for the month of May anyway, comming off that cold night Thursday. I quite early because my trolling motor was giving me problems, it cuts out everytime I turn. I checked for lose wires and took a couple  things apart I probably shouldn't have but I can't find the problem.  There aren't a lot guys that work on electric trolling motors. Anybody know where to take it? 
shut up and fish

KingPerch

« Reply #612 on: May 21, 2012, 01:41 PM »
I'm in the beginning phases of building a new home in the Toad Harbour area the last few days and the bugs are terrible. In a matter of 2 minutes my truck is covered in those nasty things!!!! I just got back to my office and found one in a tissue after I blew my nose!!! :cursing:--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #613 on: May 21, 2012, 03:07 PM »
I'm in the beginning phases of building a new home in the Toad Harbour area the last few days and the bugs are terrible. In a matter of 2 minutes my truck is covered in those nasty things!!!! I just got back to my office and found one in a tissue after I blew my nose!!! :cursing:--KP 8)

Where on toad harbor?? My sons girlfriend lives right on the lake on toad harbor rd.
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

filetandrelease

« Reply #614 on: May 21, 2012, 04:19 PM »
Sounds farmilia

It seemed more like "normal" Oneida lake fishing out there yesterday.

yes it does

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.