FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414680 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #750 on: May 31, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Munson...Years ago someone told me that the Oneida Lake white perch are good eating but not the white bass.  Obviously you don't agree.  How do you prepare them?
I can't speak for him , but I enjoy them grilled with XVOO and you're favorite dry rub . There is a bloodline that can be scooped out with a spoon after cooking , I don't but to each their own . They are mini Strippers to me ... Nice firm fillets that can be flipped with tongs and stay together well and have a buttery flavour .

reeleyz

« Reply #751 on: May 31, 2012, 08:00 PM »
Hit the lake this afternoon with my father in law. We fished from 4:00 til 6:30. There was a perfect chop for a nice drift, we just had to take our time getting out there. We ended up catching 10 eyes, 9 keepers, a yellow, a fat sunny, a smallie, and a sheepie. The spinners were king today with that nice drift. It seems like the worm harness bite is getting better. We caught fish from 12' - 28'. The weather was awesome too.

gatorsin09

« Reply #752 on: May 31, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Hit the lake this afternoon with my father in law. We fished from 4:00 til 6:30. There was a perfect chop for a nice drift, we just had to take our time getting out there. We ended up catching 10 eyes, 9 keepers, a yellow, a fat sunny, a smallie, and a sheepie. The spinners were king today with that nice drift. It seems like the worm harness bite is getting better. We caught fish from 12' - 28'. The weather was awesome too.

you left right when we got out there. last trip in the little camo boat the nice new center console comes tomorrow. i trolled with harnesses as well and picked up 3 nice eyes in an hour and a half. only 3 because i was getting blown all over in the little boat and couldnt stay deep enough. it calmed down right at 8 for the ride in. i havent put a jig in the water in the last 3 trips i spend all my time running the boards and steering its a blast. im going to start going after bass soon anybody else targeting them? challenger jr minnow and spinners worked for me last time. looking forward to venturing around the lake more with the new boat.i need to work on deeper water bass fishing im always in under 10 feet. i get some nice ones just not the big numbers.

it was gorgeous out there tonight

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #753 on: May 31, 2012, 09:26 PM »

what kind of boat did you get gator?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #754 on: May 31, 2012, 10:25 PM »
Had the pleasure of having my buddy Hollywood fishing with me tonight. It is probably the last trip on my "old" boat. I will be picking my new boat up tomorrow morning. Pretty excited about that!
The lake was rocking pretty good in the late afternoon, so Tom suggested that we take in a meal at Flo's, since the hot bite where we were fishing doesn't kick in until the sun starts to set.
After we fueled up on meatloaf, a cheeseburger and way too many french fries, we set out for the fishing grounds. We had to search a little, but we ended up finding them. They can't hide from 'ol Hollywood.
The lake stayed choppy right up until quitting time, and the moon is shining bright. The bite was a little weird. We got our limit (plus a few), but we each dropped way too many. We threw sonars. Maybe it was a bucktail night. Who knows.

All in all it was a great night of fishing with one of the best fishermen I have ever met.

Tom is tangled again in my tangle-free net!!

Back at the dock....

Riding the "Hookin Up" off into the sunset ..........

gatorsin09

« Reply #755 on: May 31, 2012, 10:55 PM »

what kind of boat did you get gator?

scout 175 sportfish. its gorgeous and i sprung for the minn kota with the i pilot. trolling with it should be a blast. only went with the 175 so still have to be careful with the weather but ive done 14 years in my 16 foot grumman aluminum so i know about playin it safe. ill have pics tomorrow or sat!

SNAGGER

« Reply #756 on: May 31, 2012, 10:56 PM »

Meatloaf and a cheeseburger...  ;D

Nice pics Jim, I'm starting to go through withdrawals again.  haven't fished all week.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #757 on: May 31, 2012, 10:59 PM »
scout 175 sportfish. its gorgeous and i sprung for the minn kota with the i pilot. trolling with it should be a blast. only went with the 175 so still have to be careful with the weather but ive done 14 years in my 16 foot grumman aluminum so i know about playin it safe. ill have pics tomorrow or sat!
  I was looking at that boat at a place in lakeport 2 weekends ago...looks really nice.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

gatorsin09

« Reply #758 on: Jun 01, 2012, 12:16 AM »
  I was looking at that boat at a place in lakeport 2 weekends ago...looks really nice.

fremac marine? they had a 185 in stock and its what sold me on a scout just didnt want one that size or the price tag that came with it. ended up ordering one through them so i could have it built how i wanted even got the fancy aqua blue color. should see it for the first time tomorrow.

want to get up to the big lake next week. i have my gear for kings pretty planned out but i want to get out for browns next week and im alittle lost where to start. might try out of henderson harbor or head to oswego. definately need to hit up a few stores for a bunch of spoons and stickbaits for the browns. and i thought the river was alot of info to learn this is crazy....

coachwarner

« Reply #759 on: Jun 01, 2012, 01:55 AM »

Fm  is in time-out again  :laugh:

I got FM untaped from time-out, hit the north shore and we got our limit, and a little extra special treat ;D, FM's first hook-up was a 1 quart bag of fish fillets :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: He said it hit just like a walleye :w00t: just when you thought you have seen everything, then he proceeded to open the bag of fillets, not a good idea   :cookoo:  :rotflol: :rotflol:  :sick: :sick: that was some funny  ^&%$ :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Only FM can catch fish already fillet'd :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

coachwarner

« Reply #760 on: Jun 01, 2012, 02:01 AM »
OMG !! I cant stop laughing!!

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #761 on: Jun 01, 2012, 02:04 AM »
Been working the North shore 2-3 days a week with Coach.  Pumping cranks and jigs from the shore and bringing the boat out also  working a trolling technique at 1.2 mph. Working no deeper than 12 fow. Tonights success was from the shore line. We had to leave our hot spot , cause it was  trouble.....every 2 casts was a fish!!! Don't have that every day as an angler as we all know, tonight was good friends.

Yeah......we had my son with us also, but every time he caught a fish, the camera wasn't ready.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #762 on: Jun 01, 2012, 02:08 AM »
I got FM untaped from time-out, hit the north shore and we got our limit, and a little extra special treat ;D, FM's first hook-up was a 1 quart bag of fish fillets :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: He said it hit just like a walleye :w00t: just when you thought you have seen everything, then he proceeded to open the bag of fillets, not a good idea   :cookoo:  :rotflol: :rotflol:  :sick: :sick: that was some funny  ^&%$ :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Only FM can catch fish already fillet'd :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

NOOOO....that was my second hookup pal!!!!! Get it right Mr.

coachwarner

« Reply #763 on: Jun 01, 2012, 02:23 AM »
NOOOO....that was my second hookup pal!!!!! Get it right Mr.
How many times do i gotta tell ya, Rock Bass don't count as a hook-up :P

filetandrelease

« Reply #764 on: Jun 01, 2012, 04:40 AM »

nice fish guys and FM it hit like a walleye  ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.