FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414463 times)

reeleyz

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #780 on: Jun 02, 2012, 02:08 PM »
Back from fishing Black Lake with a friend, Managed 5 keeper eye's from 19 to 23inches. Fished most of the day friday until the rains moved in but we stuck it out for 2 hrs. Used sonars in 15ft of water. Gold seemed to be the hot color. Got a nice 21 inch pig under the edwardsville bridge friday night at 1am on a black and silver husky jerk. I had 8 walleyes right in front of me a foot and a half off shore, But only 1 taker that night. Love the walleyes in black lake, BIG AND FAT. 18in limit and only had one at 17 that we had to throw back. Got there at 10:30 thursday night and left this morning at 7:45am. Not bad for a day of fishing. The hard part was finding them. And thats my report from BLACK LAKE.

You guys did great!   :thumbup_smilie:

LOA

« Reply #781 on: Jun 02, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Do you just jigs the sonars like jigs? I assume? I'm going to try them in the morning for the first time ever.. Any tips?

I have been trying to read through the posts, but there is a ton to read through so i figured i would just ask

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #782 on: Jun 02, 2012, 04:26 PM »
Do you just jigs the sonars like jigs? I assume? I'm going to try them in the morning for the first time ever.. Any tips?

I have been trying to read through the posts, but there is a ton to read through so i figured i would just ask

Yes, I jig them and so did the guy i was with. Pretty much every fish hit the sonar on the way down. We didn't jig them hard, Just a nice lift. But once we found them on bottom and suspended on the graph we just kept drifting over the same spot and through a marker out when we caught the first one. Good luck and let us know how you did? FISH ON.
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #783 on: Jun 02, 2012, 04:45 PM »
Back from fishing Black Lake with a friend, Managed 5 keeper eye's from 19 to 23inches. Fished most of the day friday until the rains moved in but we stuck it out for 2 hrs. Used sonars in 15ft of water. Gold seemed to be the hot color. Got a nice 21 inch pig under the edwardsville bridge friday night at 1am on a black and silver husky jerk. I had 8 walleyes right in front of me a foot and a half off shore, But only 1 taker that night. Love the walleyes in black lake, BIG AND FAT. 18in limit and only had one at 17 that we had to throw back. Got there at 10:30 thursday night and left this morning at 7:45am. Not bad for a day of fishing. The hard part was finding them. And thats my report from BLACK LAKE.

Nice, you using 1/4 or 1/2 oz. sonars?  I've been doing Ok in that area drifting a bottom bouncer with a spinner and worm.
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #784 on: Jun 02, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Nice, you using 1/4 or 1/2 oz. sonars?  I've been doing Ok in that area drifting a bottom bouncer with a spinner and worm.

1/2 oz. Where you out there yesterday?
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #785 on: Jun 02, 2012, 06:09 PM »
1/2 oz. Where you out there yesterday?
Nope.  Almost done with Black Lake for the rest of the warm season.  I don't like the "pea soup" "green", "bathwater" in the summer months.  I turn my attention to the St. Lawrence until ice comes in.
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

filetandrelease

« Reply #786 on: Jun 02, 2012, 08:41 PM »

well it was a little lumpy today but did find a few eyes and that new rod and reel worked just fine

hey KP you know how hard you can set a hook with a 7.5 ft rod   :o

got another one KP  ;)

Hollywood

« Reply #787 on: Jun 02, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Monster Sheepie season has started... ;D

OTIS

« Reply #788 on: Jun 02, 2012, 09:29 PM »

well it was a little lumpy today but did find a few eyes and that new rod and reel worked just fine

hey KP you know how hard you can set a hook with a 7.5 ft rod   :o

got another one KP  ;)

Sounds like a sonar rod.  What did you get?
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #789 on: Jun 02, 2012, 09:52 PM »

YeeeeHaaaaaw! Let the games begin!

That's a drag-peeler right there!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #790 on: Jun 03, 2012, 02:13 AM »

Me and fred got a pile of those yesterday jigging sonars, nice one hollywood.. I had something just start going and wouldn't stop, broke 12lb. leader like nothing...We got our limit of eyes, but it took some time to re find em after that blow...what a chop out there.  looks bumpy again mid day today. 
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Munson

« Reply #791 on: Jun 03, 2012, 03:44 AM »
Headed out to the white bass grounds shortly.   Hopefully, the winds won't be as bad this morning as yesterday.   

Flukeman

« Reply #792 on: Jun 03, 2012, 07:14 AM »

I knew you were a trash fisherman at heart  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: I think those walleyes you get are just by accident   ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #793 on: Jun 03, 2012, 04:37 PM »

fished with the snag today got our limit of eyes for the tourny but fell way short on weight about mid pac , but had fun and caught at least 30 sheepshead little early for those in the spots we fished ,and a few monster sunnies , and a couple of smallies , and got a nice couple of showers

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #794 on: Jun 03, 2012, 04:50 PM »
  Well I learned alot in the last 2 days Fred. Never realised how little eyes weigh til you enter a tournament, I've only weighed maybe 3 eyes in my life...Alot of talented fishermen in the tournament, I was impressed.... 3 18's a 20 and a 17 1/2 I thought was reasonable considering the wind, but not even close, just couldn't keep those dam sheepsheads off our lines or find a couple pigs.....had a blast Fred, can't wait to do it again next year.  Got to meet hammer for the first time. long 2 days of jigging, think my arms going to fall off.  good stuff.  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.