FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414695 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #795 on: Jun 03, 2012, 05:14 PM »

yep there was a lot of talent there for sure , well thats 1 under our belt , maybe a open lake eye ice tourny for eyes or perch would be fun ,instead of confining guys to just a part of the lake, many of us don't fish , and snag next year is a date and hope it is a normal year and by the way to top spots were jiggers and pitchers  , but i will get you out and show you everything i know about trolling in about 5 min. ,

BUCKEYES

« Reply #796 on: Jun 03, 2012, 06:21 PM »
definately got tough after thursday out there for me. Did well thursday then struggled the weekend. Stayed at buddies on lake was out early and late. Just couldnt get em. tried sonars jigging spinners and trolling. OH well thats why its fishing. Is there a web site to see the weights for the tourney?? Looked like a good turn out. Good fishin all.

reeleyz

« Reply #797 on: Jun 03, 2012, 08:31 PM »

yep there was a lot of talent there for sure , well thats 1 under our belt , maybe a open lake eye ice tourny for eyes or perch would be fun ,instead of confining guys to just a part of the lake, many of us don't fish , and snag next year is a date and hope it is a normal year and by the way to top spots were jiggers and pitchers  non trollers , but i will get you out and show you everything i know about trolling in about 5 min. ,

I swear I catch bigger eyes trolling or throwing sticks than jigging.

It always seems like getting decent eyes on Oneida is a crap shoot.

How many teams were there?

Limit of 3

« Reply #798 on: Jun 03, 2012, 08:39 PM »
read these blogs everyday trying to learn as im new to walleye fishing.. so then i go out in the boat after and throw black and purple like all you do and sonar(theres 50 different colors) and of course nothing. what the hell am i doing wrong? how do you know what depth to even fish? or where? any bit helps  8) another thing I see is some people barley lift to jig while others lift there rod so high i think the jig jumps outta the water (just kidding there but...)

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #799 on: Jun 03, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Spent the weekend rigging up my new boat. I'm in heaven boys ... at least til July (that's when the payments start, LoL). Been putting in lots of hours at work, as well, but should be getting her wet tomorrow morning. One of the things I did was I put a HDS-5x up at the bow and connected it to my HDS-5 at the console by ethernet ... so if you fish with me ... you'll be able to see what I see on the graph. Mainly it was to keep my girlfriend quiet. She's constantly asking how deep we are and if we are going up hill or down hill.

Hey limit of 3 ... don't be too hard on yourself. You can't figure it all out instantly ... believe me. I've been fishing that lake for over 20 years, and I'll guarantee that I have logged in many more fishless days than not. Don't over-think things. Walleyes are more-or-less just big perch. Their brain is the size of a pea. In the beginning, I drifted nightcrawlers on a #4 hook and 3 way rig. From there I started pulling spinners (harnesses). By covering lots of water, I started to learn where walleyes hang out at different times of the year. You will see guys lift the jig hard and some guys lift soft. It all works at different times. Sometimes it matters ... sometimes it doesn't. You gotta find out what they want. Usually, in Oneida, if you find structure (humps, shoals, dumping grounds) in 18 to maybe 26 feet of water, there will be a walleye or two there. Find them with your depth finder. They should be starting to school up soon. Jig hard, jig soft, jig a bucktail, jig a sonar ... or just drift a worm with the wind til you figure them out. Good luck.

arcticicejigger

« Reply #800 on: Jun 03, 2012, 09:33 PM »
hookinup, good luck with your new boat! put a pic up of it plz! gl fishing on it

Dark Cloud

« Reply #801 on: Jun 03, 2012, 09:33 PM »
Im good buddys with one of the guys on a team that finished in the top 5. They spend alot of time pre-fishing, looking for the "right" fish...   ;D
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #802 on: Jun 03, 2012, 09:49 PM »
Here's a pic of my two honeys ... LoL
Better pics later.................

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #803 on: Jun 03, 2012, 09:59 PM »

nice ride !!!!!!!!   sully...

snuffynra

« Reply #804 on: Jun 04, 2012, 04:05 AM »
thats a sweet ride!!

kchamp

• fish hard or stay home
« Reply #805 on: Jun 04, 2012, 04:06 AM »
here is some structure that I found, someone lost, picture is hard to see because it is so small, but can email a little better pic. to anyone that wants a better look                                                                                                                                                                          

nightfisher

« Reply #806 on: Jun 04, 2012, 04:18 AM »
Congrats on the new boat. You'll like it. I've had my Superfisherman 190 since 94 and it's been a great boat. Enjoy!!!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #807 on: Jun 04, 2012, 04:42 AM »
I swear I catch bigger eyes trolling or throwing sticks than jigging.

It always seems like getting decent eyes on Oneida is a crap shoot.

How many teams were there?

there was 50 teams , i to catch bigger fish trolling sometimes but this year was a little ahead, jig bite was great right up until the big wind during our practice snag put a 25" to the boat and several 20" fish, we were hoping they would still be there we ended up with four 18" and a 20"nice fish , sometime weigh up 5 fish you think that are nice you might be suprised , best 5 i have had came to 15 lbs and that was 2 years ago our weight with those was 9.76 but it was fun, i still need more practice jigging still got some rust sticking to me

nice boat Jim

reeleyz

« Reply #808 on: Jun 04, 2012, 05:14 AM »

Nice looking boat!

reeleyz

« Reply #809 on: Jun 04, 2012, 05:25 AM »
here is some structure that I found, someone lost, picture is hard to see because it is so small, but can email a little better pic. to anyone that wants a better look                                                                                                                                                                          

Interesting find kchamp. Where did you find that?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.