FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414825 times)

ryanrobb52

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #810 on: Jun 04, 2012, 06:05 AM »
read these blogs everyday trying to learn as im new to walleye fishing.. so then i go out in the boat after and throw black and purple like all you do and sonar(theres 50 different colors) and of course nothing. what the hell am i doing wrong? how do you know what depth to even fish? or where? any bit helps  8) another thing I see is some people barley lift to jig while others lift there rod so high i think the jig jumps outta the water (just kidding there but...)

I feel your pain!  It took me a few years to put it all together too. Fortunately i had some help from a felloe member that helped me to start getting some Oneida eyes on the boat. Sonars are still a mystery to me cause i cant catch a thing on em. Jigs with half a worm in 10 - 20 FOW are working for me now. Shackleton Shoals is a good place to start. Lots if structure and eyes galore.

Good Luck

jlucky

« Reply #811 on: Jun 04, 2012, 06:48 AM »
Wanted to fish oneida over the weekend but the forcast kept me away. Fished Honeoye Saturday night brought a real pig to the boat but it managed to escape the net. Partner felt bad but it happens. They are hard to come by in Honeoye,lots of weeds to deal with. Hopefully I will make Oneida next weekend!

OTIS

« Reply #812 on: Jun 04, 2012, 07:15 AM »
Hit the water early Sunday with a buddy and we had a little trouble finding them.  We hit a couple after a few moves in a new area I haven't fished much.  Both came on jig/worm and I dumped a couple on sonars.  We also got into some sheepies, perch and large sunfish.  The next couple weeks will be a learning time for me, until they school up and head deep.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

gottum

• ANY RIVER ANY TIME
« Reply #813 on: Jun 04, 2012, 09:37 AM »
bad weather = good fishing on oneida!
I drag worms/spinner whle in search mode-
once you find some cast sonars with the wind
let them sink a full 10 seconds or so to the bottom- rip them up hard drop the rod quick- reel down slow-repeat
sunday was silly!

KingPerch

« Reply #814 on: Jun 04, 2012, 12:07 PM »

well it was a little lumpy today but did find a few eyes and that new rod and reel worked just fine

hey KP you know how hard you can set a hook with a 7.5 ft rod   :o

got another one KP  ;)
Jr. and I own 3 of those rods Freddie!! If they are the same as the one you got. That setup really likes to bury the hook!! ;) Great setup for sure!! Got another one Freddie! ;D--KP 8)

nice new boat Jim!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #815 on: Jun 04, 2012, 12:31 PM »
Real nice boat, worth the wait.

kchamp

• fish hard or stay home
« Reply #816 on: Jun 04, 2012, 01:47 PM »
Interesting find kchamp. Where did you find that?
oneida lake, big boat, the picture i got on my computer you can see the fish right under the bow, found another one yesterday just not sure if its a boat, got to go take another look, that was shot on my fishfinder

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #817 on: Jun 04, 2012, 01:58 PM »
WASSSSSSSUPPP!!!!!  :w00t: Finally back online!! Just spent an hour catching up on the thread.  Awesme pics!  Nice boat hookinup!  Been doing pretty good on the eyes. Have been doing my fishing from shore or outta the canoe.  Was out last nite and managed one 20" eye.  Sounds like the boat bite is hot!! Later
Nice job findin em

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #818 on: Jun 04, 2012, 03:40 PM »
WASSSSSSSUPPP!!!!!  :w00t: Finally back online!! Just spent an hour catching up on the thread.  Awesme pics!  Nice boat hookinup!  Been doing pretty good on the eyes. Have been doing my fishing from shore or outta the canoe.  Was out last nite and managed one 20" eye.  Sounds like the boat bite is hot!! Later
Wassssuuupppp Bobby  ;D ;D Hey Freddy , you and the Snag are just dialed in on the eaters  ;) ;) Sweet boat Hookin Up  :-* :-*

reeleyz

« Reply #819 on: Jun 04, 2012, 05:53 PM »
Here are the results for that tournament.

http://www.oneidawalleyes.com/results.html

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #820 on: Jun 04, 2012, 06:02 PM »

Nice new ride Jim!!!!!!  :thumbup_smilie:     whassssuuupppp  deadeyes!!!!  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bobber down

• king jiggler
« Reply #821 on: Jun 04, 2012, 06:42 PM »
got out at day break sunday, fished til the wind picked up around 10:30 did'nt lite the world on fire but managed our limit of eyes, few monster sunnies, a half a dozen sheepies, and a few smallies
IF I AINT HUNTING OR FISHING I AM THINKING ABOUT IT.                                                                                                                                                                                       !!!!!DIE HARD STEELER FAN!!!!!

drowndin dots

« Reply #822 on: Jun 04, 2012, 06:45 PM »
got out at day dreak  fished til the wind picked up around 10:30 did'nt lite the world on fire but managed our limit of eyes, few monster sunnies, a half a dozen sheepies, and a few smallies
Good eats  ;D Don't you just love the sunnies from Oneida , huge and beautifull . Back when I had my 180 gal fish tank I put an 11 insher in with my Chiclids and it was the best lookin fish in there .... had to take it out tho it was a mean bugger  :evil:

bobber down

• king jiggler
« Reply #823 on: Jun 04, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Made the sunnies for dinner tonite they will never get thrown back again. they were some good eats
IF I AINT HUNTING OR FISHING I AM THINKING ABOUT IT.                                                                                                                                                                                       !!!!!DIE HARD STEELER FAN!!!!!

drowndin dots

« Reply #824 on: Jun 04, 2012, 06:52 PM »
Made the sunnies for dinner tonite they will never get thrown back again. they were some good eats

You should try em thru the ice  ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.