FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415090 times)

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1020 on: Jun 11, 2012, 08:53 PM »
Def was the right move shane! It didnt lay down one bit!
Nice job findin em

gatorsin09

« Reply #1021 on: Jun 12, 2012, 12:02 AM »
Spent the day out by the islands sunbathing couldnt believe the amount of boats out there,it was choppy all day. 6 came around and it was calmer on the west end but still alot of boats out there so I decided to make my first trip east in the new rig. Had the gps and sonar installed so I could find my way around. Anybody who wants theirs installed professionally installed let me know and Ill give you his info. Got half way there and realized it was alot more choppy on the east end. Some pretty big rollers out there in the middle. Almost a northwest wind by the time we got to Shak. Started in the humps trolling it was rough out there but we hung in there early and picked up a nice keeper. After countless white perch and sunnies I went out deep past 25ft to pick up this beauty 22incher. Pulled our board 5 feet under then crossed it into another and pulled that one under too. It battled us all the way into the net was an interesting few minutes to say the least. Pretty exciting fight for an eye. The wind turned west and we picke up another keeper deep. Had aleast 10 shorts today all in the 10 inch range. They were all great looking fish and one smacked a jig multiple times before he ate it, thought it was a bass at first. They all were released looking great. Great ride home on the west wind and called it a night, we always seem to catch just enough for the two of us to have fresh fish for the week.It was a gorgeous night out there and I think we saw 3 boats on the east in 4 hours. I want to spend a few nights perch fishing soon, the big ones I got this week tasted amazing.The new scout is a dream in the rough weather, I did around 30 with it being comfortable and sat next to my buddy chatting the whole time and it was a pretty rough night even for oneida standards

Biggest one was a beautiful fish

Last week in the weeds jigging

going to trailer up to the big O this tomorrow and try for browns for my first time ever. Wanted to go after the big eyes but heard theyre hard to find this year since everything is ahead of schedule.

Hollywood

« Reply #1022 on: Jun 12, 2012, 05:28 AM »
Nice ones, gators!

Saw this- good news for guys filling up near Oneida....Ethanol-free gas at the pump!

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/06/two_central_new_york_gas_stati.html

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1023 on: Jun 12, 2012, 05:36 AM »
Nice ones, gators!

Saw this- good news for guys filling up near Oneida....Ethanol-free gas at the pump!

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/06/two_central_new_york_gas_stati.html

That is nice Hollywood...Thanks for sharing...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

skunkedbywalleye

« Reply #1024 on: Jun 12, 2012, 05:55 AM »
Would it harm my 1993 Johnson to run ethanol free 91 octane gas?

Old Timer

« Reply #1025 on: Jun 12, 2012, 06:06 AM »
Would it harm my 1993 Johnson to run ethanol free 91 octane gas?

It is made to run on ethanol free gas.. No such thing in 1993...

OTIS

« Reply #1026 on: Jun 12, 2012, 06:53 AM »
Nice ones, gators!

If you're on the lake the Oneida Nation also has the Ethanol free gas at Marion Manor and at their store on the barge canal in Sylvan Beach.  Both locations have dock side pumps.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

jj7leaf

« Reply #1027 on: Jun 12, 2012, 06:56 AM »
I went out deep past 25ft to pick up this beauty 22incher. Pulled our board 5 feet under then crossed it into another and pulled that one under too. It battled us all the way into the net was an interesting few minutes to say the least. Pretty exciting fight for an eye.
Biggest one was a beautiful fish

Last week in the weeds jigging

going to trailer up to the big O this tomorrow and try for browns for my first time ever. Wanted to go after the big eyes but heard theyre hard to find this year since everything is ahead of schedule.

Nice job Gator,
22" is a beauty, would have been helpful at tourny time!
enjoy the new ride.
j

gatorsin09

« Reply #1028 on: Jun 12, 2012, 10:51 AM »
Nice job Gator,
22" is a beauty, would have been helpful at tourny time!
enjoy the new ride.
j
thanks! just so you guys know nice and easy in brewerton and fastrac in cicero both have ethanol free and both are right next to 81.I like the nice and easy because the pump is on its own island and its super easy to get in and out. I choose to go with non ethanol 91 over ethanol 87. I never run premium unless required but the boat has a 35 gal tank and I didnt want ethanol in it. was 4.09 yesterday but well worth it

Spikehorn11

« Reply #1029 on: Jun 12, 2012, 10:52 AM »
Nice ones, gators!

I was told that the gas station in Brewerton and the Nice and easy in Clay (Rt 31 and Henry Clay) both carry ethanol free as well.

ThaTs BullHead

• Birth..FISH..Die!
« Reply #1030 on: Jun 12, 2012, 11:01 AM »
Looking for a fishing buddy, i will pay 50%. Just hate getting little 14 inch walleye, wanna go after the limit everyday

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1031 on: Jun 12, 2012, 03:49 PM »
Nice pics spike and gator!  :thumbup_smilie:
Nice job findin em

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1032 on: Jun 12, 2012, 04:37 PM »
I was told that the gas station in Brewerton and the Nice and easy in Clay (Rt 31 and Henry Clay) both carry ethanol free as well.

You heard it right Spike!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1033 on: Jun 12, 2012, 10:50 PM »
Got, out this morning for a couple hours. I knew I was going to get rained on, but ... the fish are already wet ... and I gotta get some hours on the new boat somehow. I marked fish in all my normal June spots. They are starting to organize a little on mud flats (24 - 29 fow). About 50 casts with the sonar produced only one hit ... didn't stick it. Things changed when I started throwing the bucktail. I ended up getting 7 eyes and a couple more drops. I was in a hurry to get off the water by 11, because last night's report said that's when the t-storms were going to start. Should have stayed out there.

Way to stick with it and make the change needed to persevere and win the battle pal! That's what makes all the difference of zero or success. Good work man. ;)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1034 on: Jun 12, 2012, 10:57 PM »
What about that commercial where the guy replaces the bottom of his boat with a screen door and sprays that stuff on it!  :rotflol: Dont think that would hold up to long out on oneida! Tite Linez

HAHA, yea Dead, every time I see that, I laugh. It's nothing more than a quality rubberized undercoating. I buy it in aerosol cans from 3M and a company called Castle by the case. Definately a good product, but not for 20 bucks plus "a free can" if ya order in the next 30 seconds....LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.