FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414801 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1035 on: Jun 12, 2012, 11:15 PM »
the walleye bite is going to be a year to remember ;D. your right snag. i've been mainly fishing the weeds with a black jig with purple tinsil, and the size of the walleyes are averaging 19 to 23". I didn't get in that tourney, and now I wish I did. oh well there's always next year.   later...

Your right Sul, forgot to mention, those fish we caught off your boat on the last trip were fat 19.5 up to 21.5.  And three of them were fat females at and over 21.   Fun times. Keep up the reports guys.
Shore fishing in my area has giving nothing up in my last two outings. Time to change up tactics or get in the boat.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1036 on: Jun 13, 2012, 05:45 AM »
haven't been out at all this week :'(. busiest week so far this summer. can't complain with the economy the way it is. I will be out monday, and tuesday.   later...

OTIS

« Reply #1037 on: Jun 13, 2012, 06:36 AM »
D**n I hate fishing weekends only!  My job allows me to be on a computer all day, and these reports are killing me! :D
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

jlucky

« Reply #1038 on: Jun 13, 2012, 06:48 AM »
Stuck at work again! Family obligations are going to keep me home this weekend! The reports are killing me! I have been fishing Oneida 40 years and this seems to be one of the best yet. Do you guys think this year will effect the fishing in the next couple of years?
Keep the reports coming

OTIS

« Reply #1039 on: Jun 13, 2012, 06:55 AM »
There are two factors this year that may account for this,  the lack of fishable ice and early warm temps.  I believe that the gobies (expected in the next year or two?) will have a much bigger effect on the lake than the number of walleye taken this year.  Also the year class for the walleye's has a lot to do with their numbers.  Some years are much better than others.  All in all this has definitely been a great year!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1040 on: Jun 13, 2012, 08:55 AM »
Like Otis said - year classes, spawning, and forage are the big factors for fish numbers. Angling pressure is a blip on the radar...
There was a stretch back in the late 80's and early 90's like this current one. Just silly numbers of easy fish... 8)
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

Sluggo / NY

« Reply #1041 on: Jun 13, 2012, 01:19 PM »
Launched a Southshore this past Monday.. first time on Oneida this year. Main mission was to calibrate the new Raymarine x-5 autopilot I just installed.. works great, even into a heavy wind! As long as we were there.. we decided to drag some stickbaits and harnesses around. I don't normally do very well there and admit that I've never really learned the lake. But.. those silly walleyes were all over the place. Nothing big.. but lots of nice 17 to 19 inchers. Next trip will probably be to Erie. You guys have a heck of a fishery there! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

Hollywood

« Reply #1042 on: Jun 13, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Took a drive out tonight with a buddy & his younger son, too rock & rolly so we had a good meal at Flo's. Worse things have happened  ;D

reeleyz

« Reply #1043 on: Jun 14, 2012, 05:11 AM »
It looks like there's going to be lighter winds for a few days.  ;D

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1044 on: Jun 14, 2012, 08:21 AM »

Fished last night from 6-930pm, got a good 20 inch eye and dumped one in the first 10 minutes, then just got some bass and quite a few big sunfish, had picks shear off my line twice...  Missed alot of fish with the jig and worm, drift was pretty fast, I picked up another walleye at dark, way under dressed and froze to death at sunset in that stiff breeze., no after dark fishin. 
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

griff

« Reply #1045 on: Jun 14, 2012, 10:09 AM »

Another quick limit, out at 7 and back to the dock by 8:30

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1046 on: Jun 14, 2012, 01:31 PM »
 nice work  griff.

lehigh vally

« Reply #1047 on: Jun 14, 2012, 03:42 PM »
            Fished last night from 6-930pm, got a good 20 inch eye and dumped one in the first 10 minutes, then just got some bass and quite a few big sunfish, had picks shear off my line twice...  Missed alot of fish with the jig and worm, drift was pretty fast, I picked up another walleye at dark, way under dressed and froze to death at sunset in that stiff breeze., no after dark fishin.  
Hope the action holds up Snagger...ill be happy with a few hook up's with big Jim over the weekend but what were really after is some killer night time shots around the lake...this picture was taken around this time last year, most of you know the location    ;)

filetandrelease

« Reply #1048 on: Jun 14, 2012, 06:40 PM »

great pic Rob , wish i took great shots like that , keep em coming , and i think i recognize one of those boats  ::)

lehigh vally

« Reply #1049 on: Jun 14, 2012, 07:17 PM »
and i think i recognize one of those boats  ::)

:rotflol:   :rotflol:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.