FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414503 times)

OTIS

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1245 on: Jun 25, 2012, 07:55 AM »
Great job on the walleye guys!  Cool stuff you’re working on there HookinUp, that’s some handy information to know.

It was kids’ weekend on the toner, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  We would start out fishing and end up swimming.  All seemed to have a good time.  The fish were very cooperative too.  We drifted the weed flats (10 fow) in the south east corner of the lake.  We picked up quite a few different species: walleye, sunfish, bluegill, perch, rock bass, small mouth, and pickerel.  Almost all fish were caught drifting spinner and worm rigs.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

bigwilli

« Reply #1246 on: Jun 25, 2012, 08:16 AM »
  Common people!  >:( >:( Just a little common sense and common courtesy would be nice. It's not just the kids that are stupid, the grey headed bald guy was towing a knee boarder and the Lund cut between myself and the large boat which was about 100 yard away

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #1247 on: Jun 25, 2012, 09:19 AM »
That reminds me I had a guy run over my marker bouy 50ft from my boat, he did say sorry though, still gotta look where your going.
shut up and fish

OTIS

« Reply #1248 on: Jun 25, 2012, 09:42 AM »
Welcome to summer time on Oneida Lake!  Best to be off the lake by 10:00 AM, or immediately follwing the sighting of your first jet ski of the day! :P
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

ThaTs BullHead

• Birth..FISH..Die!
« Reply #1249 on: Jun 25, 2012, 10:01 AM »
Last year on june 29th i turned 23, i went out that night and actually caught a 23 inch walleye.. well this friday i turn 24 and im going out again... WHO KNOWS?!

perch-hound

« Reply #1250 on: Jun 25, 2012, 10:04 AM »
I guess the bite was absolutely crazy on Saturday, buddies caught the heck out the eyes. Of course I had chores to do around the house :-\
So, I woke up at 3:30am Sunday morning, decided I would give it a shot for Marco's lost friend(RIP). Got there a little late 5:30am, SS launch already busy.
Lake was flat as a plate-o-pee, started back trolling my boat with harnesses in 22-30fow, bass were crashing bait at the surface so I rigged up a pole with a stick bait.
Every time I saw a bass splashing around I simply steered the boat that way, got close tossed the stickbait just past the swirls, BAM, smallie on.
Caught at least six if not more, ended up with seven eyes landed as well. I couldn't believe the number of boats sitting on shackleton, presumably bassin, but from what I could tell
it doesn't get much easier than the way I was catching them! They were simply part of the bonus plan!
When I got back to the launch I couldn't believe the number of boats jammed up ready to come out, and how many were going in.
Anywhere from people with jet ski's on snowmobile trailers to people that must have NEVER launched a boat before, quite comical to say the least.
water for the most part was 70 degrees, most eyes caught on green bladed harnesses.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1251 on: Jun 25, 2012, 10:31 AM »
  Common people!  >:( >:( Just a little common sense and common courtesy would be nice. It's not just the kids that are stupid, the grey headed bald guy was towing a knee boarder and the Lund cut between myself and the large boat which was about 100 yard away
that's exactly why I stay off the lake on the weekends. you can't fix stupid.   later...

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #1252 on: Jun 25, 2012, 11:45 AM »
Next weekend maybe I won't fish, instead I might just take some cold ones down to the south shore launch and watch.  It is funny if you don't have to actually launch your boat. 
shut up and fish

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #1253 on: Jun 25, 2012, 12:23 PM »
A couple Sundays ago I heard some guys screaming at each other. who was going to ram who who was going to drown who thought it was kind of comical. Thought I was on the hard water for a minute. Come to find out they were all friends of each other [and mine] that can't seem th get along on the ice either. Now I dip my net a few times and watch the armada come in and then I leave!

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1254 on: Jun 25, 2012, 12:49 PM »
Great reports guys!  Havent been out in a few days.  Had to bang out a roof job while the weather was nice this wknd!  Gonna try to go out tonight!  Keep the reports coming  :thumbup_smilie:
Nice job findin em

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1255 on: Jun 25, 2012, 01:52 PM »
Got out on the water this morning at about 7:30 with my girlfriend. It was pretty choppy, but manageable. Motored down to the spot that I left them last night. We ended up sticking 13 of 'em. Some were pretty thick, and there were a few shorts mixed in. The waves just got too bad ... which we knew was going to happen. All caught on sonars. By 11:00 we had to head back to the slip. Big 'ol 3 foot rollers. Mean lookin' lake today.
I wish I would've got out there at daybreak. I guess we are in for a windy couple of days??

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #1256 on: Jun 25, 2012, 02:59 PM »
Otis there is a submerged pin buoy due east of the point. Strait out from the big house in the cove. It"s  under about a foot in 20 fow couldn"t get a marker on it. Maybe one of those nosey bass guys will find it.

KingPerch

« Reply #1257 on: Jun 25, 2012, 04:36 PM »
went out early jigged up 10 and missed a few , so i thought i would give trolling a shot picked up another 16 , here is the 3 i kept and Bullhead i dedicate these to your lost friend Marco

Seems as though those daytime sonars and trolling cranks work just fine!! WTG!! You ol buzzard!!! :bowdown:--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #1258 on: Jun 25, 2012, 04:37 PM »
You gotta be like Filet's sidekick, Release.....just cast sonars at them!!!! ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

coachwarner

« Reply #1259 on: Jun 25, 2012, 04:53 PM »
You gotta be like Filet's sidekick, Release.....just cast sonars at them!!!! ;D
:w00t: That's enough Release, you already hit that boat twice!!! :rotflol:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.