FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414773 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1350 on: Jun 30, 2012, 10:14 PM »

Big night tonight, probably the fastest action I've seen all season, Me and Big jimmy drove out deep at 7pm, by 9pm we put 39 eyes in the boat jigging sonars, my elbow injury was sore after the first 30 minutes, but it was too good too not smack em up good .... literally got bit on almost every cast for a while, had 5 doubles and dumped a pile...  Quite a few slobs, I'll measured them tomorrow, I know one went almost 23 inches, fished shallow from 9-10 pm ... got another 4 in the boat while enjoying the fireworks., I was having a dumpfest with a bucktail without a trailer.  Big Jimmy put up a good fight, but I edged him out tonight 23 to 20.  Great night jigging!!!!  :laugh:

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

« Reply #1351 on: Jun 30, 2012, 10:16 PM »
Nice fish fellas.   Heres me n Tonys hogs from yesterday. Smallest was 20".

:thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1352 on: Jul 01, 2012, 06:41 AM »
Sounds like a great night Snagger!
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1353 on: Jul 01, 2012, 08:37 AM »
Great pictures Snagg....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1354 on: Jul 01, 2012, 08:51 AM »
nice looking fish guys  ;D ;D :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

filetandrelease

« Reply #1355 on: Jul 01, 2012, 11:42 AM »
made short morning of it did our limit of eyes trolling but lots of floating weeds made it tough , didn't keep any tossed them back 16.5 -19.5" yep the mrs. caught the biggest one , fished both shores today[north and south] for something to do , and one nice smallie and of course she caught that to , hey snag are you becoming a vampire like Spanky  ;) you ought to take him, thats the time frame hes on  :blink:

SNAGGER

« Reply #1356 on: Jul 01, 2012, 11:53 AM »
made short morning of it did our limit of eyes trolling but lots of floating weeds made it tough , didn't keep any tossed them back 16.5 -19.5" yep the mrs. caught the biggest one , fished both shores today[north and south] for something to do , and one nice smallie and of course she caught that to , hey snag are you becoming a vampire like Spanky  ;) you ought to take him, thats the time frame hes on  :blink:

I was thinking of that tournament we were in last night Fred, still can't get that 5th big fish for the livewell.  ;D

Heres a 22 3/4
               20 1/2
               19 1/2
               18 3/4

but all the rest were 17, did throw alot back, but that 5th fish for the bag is still  haunting me.  :-\

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1357 on: Jul 01, 2012, 01:47 PM »
Nice job Shane!

Man, that sheepie is a pig!!

The eyes in most of my usual spots are spread out ... few and far between.

Latched into something BIG with a sonar this morning. He (or she) was taking big slow surges. Thought I was going to have a battle on my hands ... but it tore off. I don't mind losing fish, I just like to get a look at them first. Felt like a big 'ol cat.

arcticicejigger

« Reply #1358 on: Jul 01, 2012, 02:49 PM »
nice pics guys!

filetandrelease

« Reply #1359 on: Jul 01, 2012, 03:38 PM »
Nice job Shane!

Man, that sheepie is a pig!!

The eyes in most of my usual spots are spread out ... few and far between.

Latched into something BIG with a sonar this morning. He (or she) was taking big slow surges. Thought I was going to have a battle on my hands ... but it tore off. I don't mind losing fish, I just like to get a look at them first. Felt like a big 'ol cat.
jim i'm the same way just like to see them before they get away , and shane next year will be different , hope i'm a little more polished next year

wiredstone

« Reply #1360 on: Jul 01, 2012, 03:55 PM »
Wow , great pics of nice fish. :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
wooo fish on. Never mind

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1361 on: Jul 01, 2012, 06:10 PM »

Spectacular size and numbers boys .... Jim , could have been a Sturgie  ;)

reeleyz

« Reply #1362 on: Jul 01, 2012, 07:52 PM »
 I was thinking of that tournament we were in last night Fred, still can't get that 5th big fish for the livewell.  ;D

Heres a 22 3/4
               20 1/2
               19 1/2
               18 3/4

but all the rest were 17, did throw alot back, but that 5th fish for the bag is still  haunting me.  :-\

Nice fish. Did you weigh the big one?

Seems like you need 14+ lbs. to win one of those tourneys. I am going to guess that you would need all 5 fish to be at least 20" to get a weight like that? Of course one pig makes up for a lot.

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #1363 on: Jul 01, 2012, 09:05 PM »
You Oneida guys are unreal. The numbers you put up is crazy. This past week is my first time ever fishing it out of a boat for walleye. Fished it twice this week so far.  I have gotten three walleye each trip out. I forgot my tape in the car today so I tossed one walleye back in the drink that I should have kept. Got all 3 in 18 FOW.. Launched at Oneida Shores this morn. Bass tourney going on. That was a mistake. Heres a few from today. I feel like I have no business posting on this thread  :o

I havent been able to get out early enough because my running lights havent been working. So I have had kind of a late start. Im heading back out tomorrow. Report back.
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

ThaTs BullHead

• Birth..FISH..Die!
« Reply #1364 on: Jul 01, 2012, 09:46 PM »
Had a great day.. went to work and sold a 2500 zero turn mower, then went golfing and nailed my first ever birdie.. then went out fishing and caught my limit.. its not even 11... what should i do... OH I KNOW.... Raplala fishing on xbox 360!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.