FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415132 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1380 on: Jul 02, 2012, 12:56 PM »
boat fishing is fun , but the hard water is more of a challenge  , then your fishing a 6" hole , it's easier to find them at 30mph in a boat , but then again finding is easy trying to get them to bite is another story , but you know about that don't ya  ::)
Ya , sure do  ;)

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1381 on: Jul 02, 2012, 02:11 PM »
hey HT if it gets any darker when he fishes can we call him count snag  ;)

shane what did that sheep weight
Oneida Lake Night Ninja  :w00t:
Nice job findin em

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #1382 on: Jul 02, 2012, 07:17 PM »
Oneida Lake Night Ninja  :w00t:

Hahaha
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

chiefcatchemall

« Reply #1383 on: Jul 02, 2012, 07:24 PM »
Fished again this morning. Same place. Out near frenchmans. 18 FOW just outside most of the weeds. I went 5 for 5 on the walleyes. One short. Also got a 17 1/2 inch smallie and a small drum. Uncle didnt catch a thing this morning. Got 4 walleye on a black johnson swimming grub with a half night crawler. I got the larger walleye and the smallie on a yellow and silver sonar. The largest eye was a whisker over 19''...I got my running lights working so next time I go I will leave earlier. I wish oneida shores opened the gate earlier than 6. Is there other launches that will put me close enough to the islands? Heres a couple pics...

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/chiefcatchemall/attachment-7.jpg[/img]]

papa

« Reply #1384 on: Jul 02, 2012, 07:47 PM »
Fished again this morning. Same place. Out near frenchmans. 18 FOW just outside most of the weeds. I went 5 for 5 on the walleyes. One short. Also got a 17 1/2 inch smallie and a small drum. Uncle didnt catch a thing this morning. Got 4 walleye on a black johnson swimming grub with a half night crawler. I got the larger walleye and the smallie on a yellow and silver sonar. The largest eye was a whisker over 19''...I got my running lights working so next time I go I will leave earlier. I wish oneida shores opened the gate earlier than 6. Is there other launches that will put me close enough to the islands? Heres a couple pics...

I keep my boat at lakeshore marina the launch fee there is eight dollars .they have a honor system drop box. You can launch at midnight if you want.it is at the corner of mudmill and lakeshore you can see the islands from the launch.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/chiefcatchemall/attachment-7.jpg[/img]]

coachwarner

« Reply #1385 on: Jul 02, 2012, 07:48 PM »
Nice job chief  :thumbup_smilie:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1386 on: Jul 02, 2012, 07:54 PM »
Nice work Chief...I'm headed back out there on the 4th, taking a Buddy and his 12 year old son...he is a really good kid and is obsessed with fishing, he has been dying to go fishing with me...I feel a little pressure I don't want to let the kid down...gonna have to work extra hard for them...he has never caught a Walleye...I hope to have some good pics of him holding his first an hopefully a limit...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

chiefcatchemall

« Reply #1387 on: Jul 02, 2012, 08:18 PM »
Good luck out there Hunt! How is the launch there at the lakeshore marina? Deep?

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1388 on: Jul 02, 2012, 08:21 PM »
Good luck out there Hunt! How is the launch there at the lakeshore marina? Deep?

I have been launching at Godfrey...it is nice...I just recommend beating the late morning rush...took about an hour last saturday to get the boat out of the water...everyone was friendly and patient though that was good...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

coachwarner

« Reply #1389 on: Jul 02, 2012, 08:33 PM »
I have been launching at Godfrey...it is nice...I just recommend beating the late morning rush...took about an hour last saturday to get the boat out of the water...everyone was friendly and patient though that was good...
They probably knew Release was watching them thru his binoculars and he had a pocket full of rocks ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

chiefcatchemall

« Reply #1390 on: Jul 02, 2012, 08:45 PM »
hahaha thats great. Yeah my uncle usually launches out of Godfreys as well. He wanted to try fishing where I have been the past few times. We got fish, the only problem was he didnt get any of them. I felt kind of bad outfishing him in his decked out Lund ;D Not really ::)

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1391 on: Jul 02, 2012, 08:50 PM »
finally got out tonight for a couple of hours. got 4 walleyes. the biggest was 22 1/4 " just under 5 lbs ;D. also got a 4 1/2 lb smallmouth ;D. dropped 6 at the boat. all fish were caught on #6 gold little joes in 15fow out by frenchmans island. water temp was 76.

nice job on the fish chief ;D ;D ;D. the area your fishing is loaded with quality fish.   later...

there is a launch at onieda lake marina. it's located at southbay, and lakeshore rd. it's about a half mile from where you are fishing...

Spikehorn11

« Reply #1392 on: Jul 02, 2012, 08:55 PM »
Great job guys!!

Chief as you put your time in on Oneida you'll learn the lake and start to really get into them. The numbers you got on the west end is very good. The east end seems to produce more.

Nice cat Snag! Thats awesome.

papa

« Reply #1393 on: Jul 02, 2012, 09:10 PM »
It's  about 4 foot I have a 18 foot bayliner and I have no problems.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1394 on: Jul 02, 2012, 09:12 PM »

nice job chief , see your already improving and only the second time out , we love pics

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.