FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414917 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1500 on: Jul 05, 2012, 07:41 PM »

NOW THATS WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT AMEN BROTHER

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1501 on: Jul 05, 2012, 07:41 PM »
How's the Garden doin this year ?
Good but we need rain bad ???

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1502 on: Jul 05, 2012, 07:43 PM »
Nice job again on the eyes HUNT.

We made it out in the afternoon for a couple hours. We ended up with 11 eyes, 6 keepers, and a fat yellow. It was pretty quiet out there and HOT. Thank god for the nice breeze though.

These fish do seem very thin. I agree with SNAGGER and HOLLYWOOD, keep your limit every trip. It will only help the lake. There are plenty of people that love to eat walleyes so spread the love.  ;D

Good going REEL!  Your child is going to be overdone...are you a Dad yet???
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1503 on: Jul 05, 2012, 07:44 PM »
Good but we need rain bad ???
No kidding , I'm watering daily .... Good results this year tho , already pickin Zuchinni and Bananna Peppers  ;D

Huntny30

« Reply #1504 on: Jul 05, 2012, 07:47 PM »
Yes on Rain!!!  We got squash and Cukes tonight for the first time...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1505 on: Jul 05, 2012, 07:54 PM »

Cukes are startin , and Maters are flowerin , so are peas and beans ....  Chief ok after his epic coon battle ?

Huntny30

« Reply #1506 on: Jul 05, 2012, 07:57 PM »
No signs of Rabies yet...he is pretty happy...we broke down and hooked up the AC...I think he likes the house cool too...dog is spoiled he is... ;D

Hollywood

« Reply #1507 on: Jul 05, 2012, 09:41 PM »
Got into them well this morning and had a first also. I was trying out a rig about 6' behind a 3oz keel sinker, had a good hit, set the hook & brought up about a 20" eye. As my buddy was netting it I see the rig in the water, the crazy eye swallowed the keel sinker & got it lodged sideways in his mouth! Never seen that act before.  ;D

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1508 on: Jul 05, 2012, 11:03 PM »
  I been eating squash and cukes for about a week now, tomatoes are still green....... we need rain....came home from Oneida tonight, no water...just had to lower my foot valve in the well and re prime the pump, shes low, only the second time in 19 yrs I had to do it.

Hit Oneida tonight from 6-930pm, took my 10 6" steelhead rods down for the second night in a row, the 3 of us picked up 23 keeper eyes anchored in 12fow, plus a good 20 big sunfish,  and multiple smallmouth..... alot of fun with the long stick, got bored of sonar fishing the eyes deep, so tried something new , me and another friend got 16 keeper eyes yesterday evening with the long rods... crazy year...lots of fun...  just keeps going...   :laugh:

my bad only 10 keepers last evening, 16 total..... read my notes wrong
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1509 on: Jul 06, 2012, 12:06 AM »
Wow great fishing so far this year! Lots of walleye blood getting spilled though...... am wondering if we shouldn't be doing some Catch and Release. Seriously......

HAha.....got Alot to learn, on average there is approx. half a million adult walleye in that lake. Estimated angler take per year is around 200,000. The math still looks pretty good to me.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1510 on: Jul 06, 2012, 12:13 AM »
They were hungry again this morning...We were all by ourselves between 38-42 FOW...took my friend Ron and his 13 year old son Little Ron and neither had ever caught an Eye...I caught three off the bat and kinda felt bad, I changed up their spinners and they finally got into the action...we managed 17 total...10 legal sized, kept our 9...the boy ended up out fishing us and caught the biggest one of the year...it was a nice fat 3.8 pound 22"er...he was excited that sucker took drag on him three or four times...I thought maybe he had a Smallie or Sheepie...his smile was priceless...also caught 4 that were 6-8"s, they were healthy looking little fish, first time I caught them that small as well...everyone enjoy your 4th

Sounds like ya just might have turned another young man into an addict Hunt. ;D Good work, and a great story, thanks for sharing.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1511 on: Jul 06, 2012, 12:26 AM »
biologist from cornell said perch fry population is way down which makes alot of sense to me. the eyes im getting are all thin and empty and extremely hungry! nothing in their bellies and theyre swallowing the bait whole

Randy Jackson wrote that report, and actually Dave Figura shared some of that report in the Sport section of the Sunday paper a few weeks back. He also stated that adult walleye population count was slightly down this year, as well as yearling perch, which is the main food source for adult walleye. Therefore and simply making that lake better than average this season for the walleye anglers. Has anyone slapped the lips off perch lately? I haven't heard too many reports on heavy perch success. I guess these cycles are what they're looking for, and they mean success in the hatchery program.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish

filetandrelease

« Reply #1513 on: Jul 06, 2012, 01:54 AM »
HAha.....got Alot to learn, on average there is approx. half a million adult walleye in that lake. Estimated angler take per year is around 200,000. The math still looks pretty good to me.

but not this year walleye take through the ice was way way down , SO looks to me like way more eyes than normal ,  ? remember those numbers can be off ,and in combination with lower bait count makes for easy pickens , this past week i started seeing lots of bait  balls in several locations , if they are looking at year old fry numbers , next year ought to be good seeings though the perch didn't get hurt this past winter either , so if this is the case it should be a little tougher next year, and with the numbers being taken now should put a dent in the eye population,    just an ol buzzards oppion  

Huntny30

« Reply #1514 on: Jul 06, 2012, 04:48 AM »
Looks like a search and resue operation underway for three boaters since last night...sounds like they hit the Bouy near Messenger Shoal last night...last I heard 1 was resued and three were still missing...I sure hope they find them...the news said all from one family...that is just terrible...

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/Three-missing-one-rescued-after-boating-accident/knUrjkxMnUGZVTxRe1aSdw.cspx

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.