FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414501 times)

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1545 on: Jul 06, 2012, 03:21 PM »
I agree Hookinup.  The last thing I want is to not protect the fishery on Oneida.  I couldn't imagine not having the walleyes around.  Its something that a lot of us are def passionate about and it rubs me the wrong way when someone pops on a thread like this one and thinks we are all a bunch of neanderthals that keep everything we catch or waste the fish we keep.   ::) 
Nice job findin em

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1546 on: Jul 06, 2012, 03:55 PM »
but was it a holiday inn express????I heard they dont count. ;)

Doh!!! That's right.

Well ... I stayed at one of those too one time. Only for about six hours  (four of which I don't remember).  :P

snuffynra

« Reply #1547 on: Jul 06, 2012, 04:11 PM »
(four of which I don't remember). sometimes thats not a bad thing. :o

filetandrelease

« Reply #1548 on: Jul 06, 2012, 05:15 PM »
Do you guys think that the dead wallys I see floating around starved to death or maybe they were culled to death. I also feel the fishing was great in the 70's and early 80's. Stained water and lack of muscles meant for a healthier pop.

no none of above i belive it is from being brought up to fast from deep water which is very hard on them break point is at about 20', some biologist say fizzing is very helpfull and others disagree , i  fizz mine and put them in a live well for awhile if they are up right and act happy they go back if they are still doing the back stroke i keep them , but fizzing needs to be done right or you can injure them by puncturing an organ , you can look it up on google lots of interesting reading on bass to, i even fizz the perch

filetandrelease

« Reply #1549 on: Jul 06, 2012, 05:18 PM »

Mrs. filet works with the cousin and nephew of the men that had this terrible accident , thoughts and prays out to the family ,and now to call him god i hate this :'(  

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1550 on: Jul 06, 2012, 06:38 PM »

My most sincere condolances to the families of the victims , and all who were close to them  :'(

This should serve as a reminder to all who do not know this lake , do not run the lake at night without very good electronics .... I have had a couple close calls and I grew up on it .

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #1551 on: Jul 06, 2012, 10:23 PM »
My wife worked with the father in DOT in Utica.  Said he was a hell of a nice guy.  I was out on the lake early this morning & was wondering what all the camotion was about.  On a happy note, "the guy who can't catch walleyes" (yours truly) caught a couple keepers along with 3 big SM Bass, 2 pickerel and several Oneida Lake ninja sunnies.

gatorsin09

« Reply #1552 on: Jul 06, 2012, 10:29 PM »
         My most sincere condolances to the families of the victims , and all who were close to them  :'(

This should serve as a reminder to all who do not know this lake , do not run the lake at night without very good electronics .... I have had a couple close calls and I grew up on it .

same here lived on the lake 28 years and still rely on my gps now at night, the bouys dont seem to be in the exact same spot as last year in the channel however. but for depths and shoals its dead on.

snuffynra

« Reply #1553 on: Jul 06, 2012, 11:55 PM »
My wife worked with the father in DOT in Utica.  Said he was a hell of a nice guy.  I was out on the lake early this morning & was wondering what all the camotion was about.  On a happy note, "the guy who can't catch walleyes" (yours truly) caught a couple keepers along with 3 big SM Bass, 2 pickerel and several Oneida Lake ninja sunnies.
well congrats, now you ARE a walleye fisherman  ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #1554 on: Jul 07, 2012, 05:40 AM »
I have been fishing with sonars with no avail . I was wondering if some one would give me some tips (details) on how to use them
Thanks

you mail box is full

good luck to all ,unable to fish this weekend , i would like to see some pics though

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1555 on: Jul 07, 2012, 09:28 AM »
Struggled today...managed 2 keepers and 1 short...beautiful out there but couldn't get many to play... ;D
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

filetandrelease

« Reply #1556 on: Jul 07, 2012, 09:33 AM »
Struggled today...managed 2 keepers and 1 short...beautiful out there but couldn't get many to play... ;D

thats because they heard you coming ,  lock jaw was the only life saver  ;) ,but you weren't skunked

Huntny30

« Reply #1557 on: Jul 07, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Yep it was definitely fishing had to work for the ones I got to bite...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1558 on: Jul 07, 2012, 09:49 AM »

How did Cheeks do ?

Huntny30

« Reply #1559 on: Jul 07, 2012, 09:51 AM »
I caught the two keepers and he caught the shortie...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.