FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415047 times)

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1635 on: Jul 11, 2012, 09:55 AM »

Heres that monster sheepy from last week!
Nice job findin em

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1636 on: Jul 11, 2012, 10:00 AM »
Sorry about the pic size... Tried resizeing it on photobucket 3 times but it dosent get any smaller when I post it. Still very new to the picture posting! Bear with me  ::)
Nice job findin em

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1637 on: Jul 11, 2012, 10:01 AM »
OH MY... :thumbup_smilie: :clapping:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1638 on: Jul 11, 2012, 10:06 AM »

You call that big, put a 5/0 treble in its back and throw it back out for Sturgeon.  :afro:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1639 on: Jul 11, 2012, 10:10 AM »

You call that big, put a 5/0 treble in its back and throw it back out for Sturgeon.  :afro:
:w00t: Wouldnt want to see the sturgeon that would eat that!   :rotflol:
Nice job findin em

waldo24

« Reply #1640 on: Jul 11, 2012, 10:23 AM »
Hey guys, general question- when using bottom bouncer and harness, how much leader between the bouncer and blades is normal? I run about three feet but am not sure that is right.
I use about 18 inches ( the actual size of my harness).....I also tie a snap swivel on the mainline to the bottom bouncer.....then instead of the loop knot in the harness...I tie on a swivel....and that is attached to the snap swivel on my bottom bouncer. I like everything free moving or spinning. I troll with this set up if there is no wind or drift with the wind. Its a pretty simple basic set up and it has worked very very well for me....especially the past 3 weeks or so with the walleyes. They seem to be hot for dixies this time of year. Another thing I do is run the mainline through a bullet sinker and tie a snapswivel on......then attach your dixie(with a swivel). Cut off second hook (less weed issues)and use enough worm to cover the hook and maybe about an inch or less dangling. This is my tactic for casting dixies in the weeds....works very well. I have been very successful with both. Hopes this helps ya and again....this is just the way I like it. Good luck!!  8)

filetandrelease

« Reply #1641 on: Jul 11, 2012, 01:28 PM »

just got the Mrs out of the hospital yesterday , so i sneaked out for a while this morning, to see what was up , water was 78.6 when i left , fished 22- 32' and the eyes are still hitting those daytime sonars KP, kept my limit and gave them to a gal going for a walk around the launch or i was going to toss them back  ,  its been good fishing since the opener , when are they going to fatten up and make us really work for them ?, did see lots of bait on the surface with nothing after them , some were about a 1/2" , and there were schools that were about 1 1/2-maybe 2"

SNAGGER

« Reply #1642 on: Jul 11, 2012, 02:27 PM »

78.6 is what I had yesterday.  Glad to hear the mrs is a little better now.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

filetandrelease

« Reply #1643 on: Jul 11, 2012, 02:35 PM »
 78.6 is what I had yesterday.  Glad to hear the mrs is a little better now.

thanks last week she was a 8-9 on the sht O meter , but much better now, called you last night but i new where you were , holy sheeps are you guys getting some monsters

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1644 on: Jul 11, 2012, 02:49 PM »
Same here freddie, Glad to hear mrs filet is doing better!
Nice job findin em

PeterC

« Reply #1645 on: Jul 11, 2012, 03:58 PM »
Guys, Thanks alot for the info on harnesses - I will just have to put in more time.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1646 on: Jul 11, 2012, 05:30 PM »
Guys, Thanks alot for the info on harnesses - I will just have to put in more time.

lots of info on here if they wish to share,and for something different you could try jigging , ,  don't get stuck in a rutt doing just one thing try other methods you might be surprised what may happen , there is lots of ways to fish for eyes , good luck   

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1647 on: Jul 11, 2012, 06:40 PM »

Finally Deadeyes  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D what a pig  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1648 on: Jul 11, 2012, 07:17 PM »
glad to hear that the mrs. fillet is doing ok Freddie. sorry i have been under the radar on here. god i hate summer :P ::)

SNAGGER

« Reply #1649 on: Jul 11, 2012, 07:18 PM »
  ok sunfish guys, are these 2 different kinds of sunfish? First year targeting them.

Some eaters from last couple evenings..

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.