FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414194 times)

jlucky

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1755 on: Jul 16, 2012, 07:37 AM »
Had a great week last week! Caught eyes in 8fow to 38 fow. Got them on sonars, bucktails, and harnesses.  Even caught a limit on mister twisters in the weeds! This has to be the best year I can remember in a long time,can't wait to get back down

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #1756 on: Jul 16, 2012, 08:41 AM »
Freddie...better get an extra OLLC beanie for Mrs. Killer!! She's fitting right in!! ;)  Good to hear your ripping lips Killer!! ;D
hey i now i don't even have a beanie yet  ::)
i been using my phone for alot of my post's it's more convenient but dont know how to upload pic's from the phone ???
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #1757 on: Jul 16, 2012, 08:56 AM »
But just to make you boy's happy here is a few  :afro: :afro:

do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1758 on: Jul 16, 2012, 09:01 AM »
Nice.... ;D  Thanks Mark.....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

waldo24

« Reply #1759 on: Jul 16, 2012, 09:46 AM »
But just to make you boy's happy here is a few  :afro: :afro:

Nice going crappiekiller. Always good to see the ladies puttin a hurtin to em' too!

filetandrelease

« Reply #1760 on: Jul 16, 2012, 09:59 AM »
Freddie...better get an extra OLLC beanie for Mrs. Killer!! She's fitting right in!! ;)  Good to hear your ripping lips Killer!! ;D

god bless her , and i do have another beanie for her

filetandrelease

« Reply #1761 on: Jul 16, 2012, 10:01 AM »

very nice Mr & Mrs. Killer , the guys always love to hear got another one  ::)

rangerrick

« Reply #1762 on: Jul 16, 2012, 10:44 AM »
Fished this past weekend with a buddy of mine and our 2 youngest boys.  We fished both Billington Bay and Shackelton in a variety of depths.  We fished Friday night from 7:30-9:30 and only ended up with one walleye.  Saturday morning we fished from 7:00-11:00 and ended up with 9 walleye and a few other bass, drum, gills and shorts mixed in.  Decided to pass on the Sat evening bite as the lake was pretty flat, and it was stupid hot out.  Sunday we fished from 7:00-9:30 and got 3 walleye and several nice gills.  We were only going to fish another hour or so on Sunday, but the doppler showed a decent amount of rain close by, so we packed it in, and glad we did!

As i said fish were caught in a variety of depths (12-30 fow) with a fairly even split between bucktails and sonars.  Perch Halo was on fire Saturday mornign and my arms feel it today.  Starting to take notice that i'm not catching many on sonars in shallow water.  And i've started fishing consistently with stinger hooks on the bucktails, and at one point we were 8 for 10 on the stinger versus the jig.  Catch rate has skyrocketed since making that change.  Also experminted with Gulp nighwalkers, but didn't have much success (i think only one walleye on that), so thats still a work in progress.

It was a nice weekend, and the kids were kept busy!  Today (at work) is not nearly as much fun! :-\

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #1763 on: Jul 16, 2012, 10:57 AM »
I read alot about jigging sonars and was wondering what are good colors to get and where you can buy them. Ive looked at gander mtn in new hartford but they are almost sold out and i couldnt find them at herb phillipsons.  Im just looking for something different than trolling harnesses all day. 
[I have bought a number of different color sonars at Marion Manor on the corner of 13&31.  As for colors I would start with perch.     /quote]

OTIS

« Reply #1764 on: Jul 16, 2012, 12:50 PM »
I read alot about jigging sonars and was wondering what are good colors to get and where you can buy them. Ive looked at gander mtn in new hartford but they are almost sold out and i couldnt find them at herb phillipsons.  Im just looking for something different than trolling harnesses all day. 

Marion Manor has the best selection that I've found in the area (Syracuse to Utica).  I mix it up a lot until I find a color that they like.  Some days it's darker colors and brighter on others.  I even have a couple "Experimental" colors I made myself that seem to pull in fish. 8)
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1765 on: Jul 16, 2012, 01:30 PM »

What about night time - vs - daytime sonars  ??? :w00t:

filetandrelease

« Reply #1766 on: Jul 16, 2012, 02:13 PM »

What about night time - vs - daytime sonars  ??? :w00t:

well far as night time i think all you need is a ritz cracker and a net  :blink:, 

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1767 on: Jul 16, 2012, 02:41 PM »

Since I put my boat in, its always great when I get out there, around 6pm ..... it stays good for a bit then slows and continues to slow as sunset approaches, some nights you get that right at dark 20 minutes of great action, but not every night, daytime is definetly much easier and where its at, after dark, just like ice....  it dies....thats been my trend for the last 6-7 weeks..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

filetandrelease

« Reply #1768 on: Jul 16, 2012, 03:39 PM »

Since I put my boat in, its always great when I get out there, around 6pm ..... it stays good for a bit then slows and continues to slow as sunset approaches, some nights you get that right at dark 20 minutes of great action, but not every night, daytime is definetly much easier and where its at, after dark, just like ice....  it dies....thats been my trend for the last 6-7 weeks..

ask FM whats easier , that 6:00 pm bite is good , but when it starts to slow just add a little peanut butter on that cracker , that should do the trick , my friend  :w00t:

coachwarner

« Reply #1769 on: Jul 16, 2012, 04:05 PM »
I didn't "fall" out of the boat, I made my promise true to ya's that if Spanky gets spanked, then I would get in my skivvy's and become "one with the fish".  ;D I am a man of my words.    Thanks for the help getting my big butt back in Filet.....notice Coach was all about letting me drown so he would have more space to move around on the bow of your boat? ???  I'm loading up a couple pics to share also, none of me in my undershorts though. :P I know thats gonna upset so many of my pals.
Release and I posted the pictures of you in your undershorts on youtube, It went viral today  :flex::rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.