FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415021 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1830 on: Jul 21, 2012, 07:01 PM »

I wonder if that's what Count Spanky used today for stink logs  ::) ::) ::) ;D

coachwarner

« Reply #1831 on: Jul 21, 2012, 07:10 PM »

I wonder if that's what Count Spanky used today for stink logs  ::) ::) ::) ;D
I think he was gonna try the Ritz crackers :w00t:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

drowndin dots

« Reply #1832 on: Jul 21, 2012, 07:53 PM »
I think he was gonna try the Ritz crackers :w00t:
Went up and saw my boat Coach , shes commin along ..... slowly .... but the 140 is on and runs like a raped ape , just a few more this and thats and shes ready to come home  ;D ;D ;D

coachwarner

« Reply #1833 on: Jul 22, 2012, 07:36 AM »
Went up and saw my boat Coach , shes commin along ..... slowly .... but the 140 is on and runs like a raped ape , just a few more this and thats and shes ready to come home  ;D ;D ;D
:thumbup_smilie: That is great news DD  8) too bad there wont be any walleyes left for you :P ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

drowndin dots

« Reply #1834 on: Jul 22, 2012, 07:44 AM »
:thumbup_smilie: That is great news DD  8) too bad there wont be any walleyes left for you :P ;D
I guess I'll have to get by on Junbo Perch and fat Seeds  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1835 on: Jul 22, 2012, 11:22 AM »
Went out for a few hours til dark yesterday. All I can say is "Holy Bait Batman!!". Incredible amount of bait at all of our stops. Stopped and fished by a flock of about 50 gulls sitting on the water. I found out quickly why they were there. Unbelievable school of tiny shad dimpling the surface all around them. The gulls were parked right on top of them and they had a hard time to get up off the water when I spooked them. I guess they ate all they could.
Had fun throwing a chartreuse Rapala skitter pop to some bass boiling the surface in 25 fow.
Water's warm .... air is even warmer ... tons of bait ... no wind ... Didn't get skunked on eyes yet, but I think the time is coming. I think Deadeyes has the right idea. Fish at night in the cooler temps, and less light for the eyes to study what they are chasing.
I think it's time to rely on reaction bites. The eyes have all the food they need, unless you can cover some serious ground, looking for biters, by doing some trolling.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1836 on: Jul 22, 2012, 12:02 PM »
nice fish Freddie and coach. i would like to get out and try the trolling thing out sometime ;)

coachwarner

« Reply #1837 on: Jul 22, 2012, 12:02 PM »
Went out for a few hours til dark yesterday. All I can say is "Holy Bait Batman!!". Incredible amount of bait at all of our stops. Stopped and fished by a flock of about 50 gulls sitting on the water. I found out quickly why they were there. Unbelievable school of tiny shad dimpling the surface all around them. The gulls were parked right on top of them and they had a hard time to get up off the water when I spooked them. I guess they ate all they could.
Had fun throwing a chartreuse Rapala skitter pop to some bass boiling the surface in 25 fow.
Water's warm .... air is even warmer ... tons of bait ... no wind ... Didn't get skunked on eyes yet, but I think the time is coming. I think Deadeyes has the right idea. Fish at night in the cooler temps, and less light for the eyes to study what they are chasing.
I think it's time to rely on reaction bites. The eyes have all the food they need, unless you can cover some serious ground, looking for biters, by doing some trolling.

Count Spanky's gonna like that advice Hookinup ;D

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1838 on: Jul 22, 2012, 02:25 PM »
Count Spanky's gonna like that advice Hookinup ;D
;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #1839 on: Jul 22, 2012, 02:49 PM »
All hail the daytime sonar it works for everything even the mighty carp  :flex: ;D

hey coach release said he would autograph that daytime sonar for you ,  :w00t: now show FM that one , but don't let it fall prey to his tackle box  ;)

now the easy bite is coming to a close , and we can start working for our catch instead of having it handed to us ,

my boards and weights are ready for a little kick back fishing ol buzzard style  ;D

coachwarner

« Reply #1840 on: Jul 22, 2012, 05:45 PM »
hey coach release said he would autograph that daytime sonar for you ,  :w00t: now show FM that one , but don't let it fall prey to his tackle box  ;)

now the easy bite is coming to a close , and we can start working for our catch instead of having it handed to us ,

my boards and weights are ready for a little kick back fishing ol buzzard style  ;D
Did ya hear that FM? I got a daytime sonar Your fishing with crackers

bigrichir

« Reply #1841 on: Jul 22, 2012, 08:03 PM »
HEY GUYS, JUST STARTED FISHING WITH SONARS THIS YEAR. IVE BEEN USING A VARIETY OF COLORS AND SIZES, BUT I HEAR EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT DAY AND NITE SONARS.  WHATS UP WITH THAT? IS IT THE COLOR OR A DIFFERENT STYLE.  JUST THOUGHT I WOULD ASK.  BTW, THEY ARE A GREAT BAIT TO GO WITH JIGS.  I HAVE CAUGHT MORE FISH WHEN THEY HAVE STOPPED BITING ON ONE AND THEN SWITCH TO THE OTHER...

coachwarner

« Reply #1842 on: Jul 22, 2012, 08:16 PM »
I am going to defer that question to someone more professional like Filet or Release ;) ;D

bigrichir

« Reply #1843 on: Jul 22, 2012, 08:37 PM »
OK COACH THANKS,  BUT THEY MAY NOT WANT TO SHARE......  ID ASK SULLY CUZ HE IS A NEIGHBOR OF MINE, BUT I KNOW HE WOULD NOT TELL ME THE TRUTH .  lol

coachwarner

« Reply #1844 on: Jul 22, 2012, 08:58 PM »
OK COACH THANKS,  BUT THEY MAY NOT WANT TO SHARE......  ID ASK SULLY CUZ HE IS A NEIGHBOR OF MINE, BUT I KNOW HE WOULD NOT TELL ME THE TRUTH .  lol

Welcome aboard Sully  :w00t:  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.