FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414819 times)

mitch1

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1980 on: Jul 29, 2012, 02:36 PM »
sweet, when you troll do you use planer boards or down riggers, never tried it myself interesting way to do it and productive, great pic's, how are you likeing your new boat? has it been good. tight lines and thanks for the great pic's.

reeleyz

« Reply #1981 on: Jul 29, 2012, 03:28 PM »
sweet, when you troll do you use planer boards or down riggers, never tried it myself interesting way to do it and productive, great pic's, how are you likeing your new boat? has it been good. tight lines and thanks for the great pic's.

When I am trolling alone I normally run a couple of inline boards with big crank baits at different depths. Then I run 1 leadcore down the chute with either a spoon or stickbait. I watch the screen and see where I mark most of the fish and adjust my depths accordingly.

The boat is a keeper.  :thumbup_smilie:

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1982 on: Jul 29, 2012, 05:25 PM »
Headed out fri nite. Fished 7 fow and ended up with half dozen sunnys and one 20" eye. 
Nice job findin em

filetandrelease

« Reply #1983 on: Jul 30, 2012, 03:25 AM »

nice ;D

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
« Reply #1984 on: Jul 30, 2012, 07:35 AM »
My daytime harness was not so productive on Sat. morning. :'( 3 big gills and a giant perch that I snagged in the belly in 28 FOW. Didn't see anyone doing much. Got a wet arse when the rain storm came across. Might be out this afternoon till dark. Not sure yet. Cheeks out!!! 8)

Hollywood

« Reply #1985 on: Jul 30, 2012, 09:31 AM »
Spent some time snorklin' Oneida yesterday until the wind came up. Pretty cool trip, obviously the visability is nothing like Skaneateles but the fish are much bigger. Got a few medium perch, a sunny, 3 smallies to 3 lbs or so and a couple sheepies. The croaking sound a sheephead makes is so magnified under water it was amazing...even to this deaf old guy! I was by myself so no pics...I should get un underwater camera. I was in 10 fow most of the time & the fish in Oneida, like most places, let you come right up to them. I didn't see any Pikeral or 'eyes where I was...hope to cover different water until I locate some eyes...thats my goal for August!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1986 on: Jul 30, 2012, 10:41 AM »
Spent some time snorklin' Oneida yesterday until the wind came up. Pretty cool trip, obviously the visability is nothing like Skaneateles but the fish are much bigger. Got a few medium perch, a sunny, 3 smallies to 3 lbs or so and a couple sheepies. The croaking sound a sheephead makes is so magnified under water it was amazing...even to this deaf old guy! I was by myself so no pics...I should get un underwater camera. I was in 10 fow most of the time & the fish in Oneida, like most places, let you come right up to them. I didn't see any Pikeral or 'eyes where I was...hope to cover different water until I locate some eyes...thats my goal for August!

Pretty cool Tom, must be neat to hear those drum underwater ..... hope you have a great August bro.. I took 2 weeks off from fishing Oneida and sure enough my tendon is healing even with hard work outs around here, it was the jigging causing the damage, I'm pulling my boat and calling it a year, time to get ready for salmon anyways......

Nice job reeleyes and crew!!!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

filetandrelease

« Reply #1987 on: Jul 30, 2012, 04:19 PM »

well Shane silly season is almost here , ::)

reeleyz

« Reply #1988 on: Jul 30, 2012, 08:06 PM »
Sounds like fun HW.

I am going to pull my boat soon, it needs a bath. Then it's heading up to the big lake to get some salmon slime on it.  :)

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1989 on: Jul 30, 2012, 08:26 PM »
Sounds like fun HW.

I am going to pull my boat soon, it needs a bath. Then it's heading up to the big lake to get some salmon slime on it.  :)

You need help Reel let me know... ;D
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

filetandrelease

« Reply #1990 on: Jul 30, 2012, 08:34 PM »

here is the day and night time sonars , with a few back ups , hey FM you ever seen these 2 , coach told me that he would rent the day time sonar to
to you in 10 min intervals  ;D

Sfirkbass

« Reply #1991 on: Jul 31, 2012, 12:34 AM »
Hey guys I see most of you are eye fisherman but ill try anyways. I have a bass tournament Saturday and Sunday this weekend and just curious where you guys are getting them smallies or largies open for either thanks.
Western New York Bassmaster

coachwarner

« Reply #1992 on: Jul 31, 2012, 12:52 AM »
here is the day and night time sonars , with a few back ups , hey FM you ever seen these 2 , coach told me that he would rent the day time sonar to
to you in 10 min intervals  ;D

That one on the top has an awful lot of teeth marks on it :whistling: :whistling:  I let FM look at the daytime sonar for 3 seconds today and back in the tackle box it went   :nono:  :nono: ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

filetandrelease

« Reply #1993 on: Jul 31, 2012, 03:38 AM »
That one on the top has an awful lot of teeth marks on it :whistling: :whistling:  I let FM look at the daytime sonar for 3 seconds today and back in the tackle box it went   :nono:  :nono: ;D

it does seem to have that Antique look ;)

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1994 on: Jul 31, 2012, 06:10 AM »
Well my luck with Sonars I am starting to think that they would work really well getting the Salmon to "bite" in the river...like two lead fly's in one... :o ;D  I haven't been fishing in a couple weeks...I need to get out SOON!
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.