FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415217 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1995 on: Jul 31, 2012, 06:44 AM »
Well my luck with Sonars I am starting to think that they would work really well getting the Salmon to "bite" in the river...like two lead fly's in one... :o ;D  I haven't been fishing in a couple weeks...I need to get out SOON!

Thats why I got Coach out last night.... he was getting the shakes. ;D

pauly6777

« Reply #1996 on: Jul 31, 2012, 11:47 AM »
Hey guys I see most of you are eye fisherman but ill try anyways. I have a bass tournament Saturday and Sunday this weekend and just curious where you guys are getting them smallies or largies open for either thanks.

Please pass on to tournament participants to exercise a little courtesy while on Oneida this weekend. Show a little respect to folks and you will receive the same! We know bass boats go fast, we don't need to see it up close and personal.

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #1997 on: Jul 31, 2012, 11:59 AM »
Hey guys I see most of you are eye fisherman but ill try anyways. I have a bass tournament Saturday and Sunday this weekend and just curious where you guys are getting them smallies or largies open for either thanks.

No offense but aren't tournaments about finding and catching fish using your own skills.  My advice is to practice.
shut up and fish

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1998 on: Jul 31, 2012, 02:11 PM »
No offense but aren't tournaments about finding and catching fish using your own skills.  My advice is to practice.

No sugar coating from Slamboney... love it!!!  :w00t: :w00t: :clapping:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

filetandrelease

« Reply #1999 on: Jul 31, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Please pass on to tournament participants to exercise a little courtesy while on Oneida this weekend. Show a little respect to folks and you will receive the same! We know bass boats go fast, we don't need to see it up close and personal.

X2, the next one that buzzes me is going to find it is hard to fish with some one doing circles around them ,a little courtesy would be nice , they aren't the only ones in the universe, but some of them seem to think so

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #2000 on: Jul 31, 2012, 05:10 PM »
X2, the next one that buzzes me is going to find it is hard to fish with some one doing circles around them ,a little courtesy would be nice , they aren't the only ones in the universe, but some of them seem to think so
I can see it now release doing rooster tails in circles while fillet is yelling to trim up higher while the Mrs release is chanting go faster  :w00t:
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

coachwarner

« Reply #2001 on: Jul 31, 2012, 08:07 PM »
I can see it now release doing rooster tails in circles while fillet is yelling to trim up higher while the Mrs release is chanting go faster  :w00t:
:w00t: :clapping: :clapping:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

billybob851

« Reply #2002 on: Jul 31, 2012, 08:14 PM »
in yesterdays observer dispatch newspaper there was an announcement that a canoe washed up on the shore of the lake and it was turned over to state police I believe they were looking for the owners to return it. Im not sure but I thought not to long ago someone said they lost their canoe, if you know who it is let them know

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2003 on: Jul 31, 2012, 09:08 PM »

I love chasing down those rockets in my 3hp evinrude. When I get really mad, I kick in the 40 thrust electric troller as a supercharger.  ;D

griff

« Reply #2004 on: Jul 31, 2012, 10:14 PM »
I learned a new trick after watching whale war, it is guaranteed to slow those bass boats down. It is called prop fouling

Sfirkbass

« Reply #2005 on: Aug 01, 2012, 12:20 AM »
It's a very far drive for me bud about 4 hours or I would be practicing no need to be offensive. It's not the bass boats you should complaining about its the pleasure boaters, tubers, and especially jet skis. Bass fisherman hardly move only from spot to spot. The majority of our time is on the trolling motor. I've seen plenty of guys trolling who are just as inconsiderate as some of your hated bass guys...
Western New York Bassmaster

filetandrelease

« Reply #2006 on: Aug 01, 2012, 03:55 AM »
It's a very far drive for me bud about 4 hours or I would be practicing no need to be offensive. It's not the bass boats you should complaining about its the pleasure boaters, tubers, and especially jet skis. Bass fisherman hardly move only from spot to spot. The majority of our time is on the trolling motor. I've seen plenty of guys trolling who are just as inconsiderate as some of your hated bass guys...

well lets see I've had no trouble this year with pleasure boats or jet ski's but have had  a few
incidents with the bass boats  this year on Oneida Lake, first of all 30' of water is not on shore at 50 mph at 35' i think is a little close ,  almost ran my boards over , not saying some trollers aren't a little rude to other trollers , or eye jiggers , for that matter i let them know to , so i guess they need to run that close to people when there isn't anybody within a mile of ya ?  i don't think giving a guy a little room is to much to ask , do you ?

Cheeks13

• Big Eye!
« Reply #2007 on: Aug 01, 2012, 05:41 AM »
The pleasure people are an issue sometimes, but most, not all, but most bass boat guys go wide open from spot to spot. Nothing worse then being on a good drift an having one of these nimrods go by you at 70 and the whole time you are wondering if he even knew you were there. They don't seem to have much consideration for anyone else either on the water or at the launch for that matter. Get your boat out of the way after you launch people! I can't tell you how many times I've gone to launch only to find a bass boat tied off in the way and watched the owner either BS ing in the parking lot or sitting in it taking some time to rig things up before starting up and making the jump to light speed. ??? :cursing: Rant over... Cheeks out!!! 8)

cnypanfisher

« Reply #2008 on: Aug 01, 2012, 06:11 AM »
Yeah I have had those guys in the bass boats roll up on me in the weed bed while i'm perch fishing. Then after they don't catch anything they ask me what i'm catching, I say perch and sunfish. Then they crank it up and take off like a bat out of hell like I peed in their cheerios or something lol.

cny

Hollywood

« Reply #2009 on: Aug 01, 2012, 06:29 AM »
Yeah I have had those guys in the bass boats roll up on me in the weed bed while i'm perch fishing. Then after they don't catch anything they ask me what i'm catching, I say perch and sunfish. Then they crank it up and take off like a bat out of hell like I peed in their cheerios or something lol.

cny

Try..... "Well, I'm after perch...but these d**n 5lb smallmouths take so long to get in on light tackle that I'll never get any of the good fish."  :-*

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.