FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414323 times)

cnypanfisher

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #2160 on: Aug 12, 2012, 05:17 AM »
Got into a few perch and a bunch of jumbo sunfish yesterday, going back out here in a few minutes. I would have done better if I didn't go anchor fishing the first hour or so.

Got a grappling hook today to fool around, I really need that anchor back, my spare is a sailboat anchor and it is heavy as all day.

cny

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #2161 on: Aug 12, 2012, 05:55 AM »
Always leave hooked up until some of the boat is in the water. I have seen more than one sitting on the launch....hunts2long

filetandrelease

« Reply #2162 on: Aug 12, 2012, 06:16 AM »
Must have been Release that was "in your head" that day!  :P
just one thing that can happen when trying to rush , not double checking things out before launching  ;D

Tim hope you can retreive your anchor , that sucks   

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2163 on: Aug 12, 2012, 06:52 AM »

Me and a couple buddy's rented a boat for a few hours on the west end yesterday , wound up with a nice pail full of perch and sunnies  ;D
I wasn't in a picture takeing mood but did snap one good one  ;D

drowndin dots

« Reply #2164 on: Aug 12, 2012, 06:53 AM »

My tub will hit the water next weekend  ;)

KingPerch

« Reply #2165 on: Aug 12, 2012, 08:28 AM »
Omg........rookie work!!!!! :P
Sounded like a real GREEN HORN to me!!!! :blink: I LMAO when I returned the missed call!! I gotta admit though guys, he saved it from landing on the launch pad. Just buried it in the water when it rolled off!!! GADAM ROOKIE!!!! ;D--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

CNY Fisherman

« Reply #2166 on: Aug 12, 2012, 11:52 AM »
I have an Ez Loader roller trailer for my eighteen and a half foot Lund Alaskan.  Always back down the ramp, leave about three feet of exposed ramp behind my truck bumper, slack up and remove the winch strap, then the safety strap and push it off into the lake.  Unloading is a breeze, getting it back on that trailer can sometimes be a real challenge especially if there is wind and chop and I am by myself.  Hope that boat is okay and his pride is not TOO mortally wounded!!!  Talk about a lesson learned the hard way, wow!!! 
Retired U. S. Navy Senior Chief

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2167 on: Aug 12, 2012, 12:56 PM »
Just got home from a camping trip with the family and some friends.  We stayed on the plateau at wescott beach state park in henderson harbor.  No fishing, but a great get away with the wife and our 2 boys.  Weather cooperated for the most part and the food we all made was amazing.  Friday night we cooked a seafood buffet of clams, shrimp, and lobster with corn on the cobb and a bunch of salads.  Last night dinner was tequila chicken, bbq chicken, sirloin steak, ka bobs, bbq ribs, sausage, burgers, and hoffman dogs with about 8 different sides as well!  Washed it all down with some crown royal & ginger ale!  Life is gooood!  :) 
Nice job findin em

snuffynra

« Reply #2168 on: Aug 12, 2012, 02:36 PM »
I'm curious about something.....if you own a boat trailer with rollers...NO bunk boards....would you or wouldn't you unhook the safety chain AND winch line before backing down Godfrey Launch ???? I know a fellow member who did just that today........... :cookoo: :afro: ;D I won't mention any names!!! ;D Titelines!--KP 8)
YIKESSS  i did that many years ago with a 16 ft lowe, kinda lost track of it being a roller trailer , it rolled off half way down the state launch (south shore) hit the bottom of the transom on the concrete and slid into the water :o :o, it leaked a little after that. brought it home and filled the boat up with some water with the plug in it, watched the water run out of the seam on the very back of the boat, filled it with some epoxy and touch up paint, and was good to go. but it was a learning experience, and man i have had many in my lifetime ;D

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2169 on: Aug 12, 2012, 06:15 PM »
Heck...I even have it on my office wall......It's my new dartboard!!! ;D Nice pic Bobby!!! ;)--KP 8)
You have had that pic on your wall for awhile!  Heard you have been praying to it for walleye wisdom!  :w00t: Peace out!  ;)
Nice job findin em

drowndin dots

« Reply #2170 on: Aug 12, 2012, 06:37 PM »
You have had that pic on your wall for awhile!  Heard you have been praying to it for walleye wisdom!  :w00t: Peace out!  ;)
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

KingPerch

« Reply #2171 on: Aug 12, 2012, 06:43 PM »
:sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :afro: :afro: Glad to hear you enjoyed some time with the family bud!! ;)

KingPerch

« Reply #2172 on: Aug 12, 2012, 06:46 PM »
I have an Ez Loader roller trailer for my eighteen and a half foot Lund Alaskan.  Always back down the ramp, leave about three feet of exposed ramp behind my truck bumper, slack up and remove the winch strap, then the safety strap and push it off into the lake.  Unloading is a breeze, getting it back on that trailer can sometimes be a real challenge especially if there is wind and chop and I am by myself.  Hope that boat is okay and his pride is not TOO mortally wounded!!!  Talk about a lesson learned the hard way, wow!!! 
OMG!! I want to so bad say who it was.........You all know him!!!!! ;D Like I said before....no biggie, didn't hurt the boat...heck, he was fishing when I returned his phonecall!!!  LEAVE THE WINCH CABLE ON NEXT TIME ROOKIE!!!! ;D

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2173 on: Aug 12, 2012, 07:07 PM »
OMG!! I want to so bad say who it was.........You all know him!!!!! ;D Like I said before....no biggie, didn't hurt the boat...heck, he was fishing when I returned his phonecall!!!  LEAVE THE WINCH CABLE ON NEXT TIME ROOKIE!!!! ;D
Your killin me!!! Let the cat outta the bag already!!!  At least a clue  ;D
Nice job findin em

drowndin dots

« Reply #2174 on: Aug 12, 2012, 07:29 PM »
Your killin me!!! Let the cat outta the bag already!!!  At least a clue  ;D
I fished with him today  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.