FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415140 times)

sportsmenoftheyear

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #2385 on: Sep 05, 2012, 08:06 AM »
I tie a rope to a steel mesh fish basket that has the float for a top. Tie the rope around my waist and good to go.  

x2.  get a piece of rope and tie a big loop so you can pass ur arm and shoulder through.  basket is about $8 at walmart, easily holds a limit

Lund one

« Reply #2386 on: Sep 05, 2012, 09:12 AM »
 8)Thanks !

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #2387 on: Sep 05, 2012, 09:45 AM »
Will do soon bud  ;) Thank you  ;D

Fall Perchin baby! Im always looking for a partner. I usually go alone in the fall
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

reeleyz

« Reply #2388 on: Sep 05, 2012, 11:34 AM »
Thanks for the answers !. Does everyone prefer the dusk period as opposed to the later hours. I have a friend that does not even go out until 10 pm and fishes til about 3 or 4 am. Others say the 1st hr of darkness is the best.
Opinions ?

Thanks

Every night is different. Sometimes I have fished for an hour at sunset with no bites. Then well after dark they roll in and you can hammer out a limit in 10 minutes.

Lund one

« Reply #2389 on: Sep 05, 2012, 11:47 AM »
Probably won't answer..but favorite spots ?

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2390 on: Sep 05, 2012, 03:49 PM »
Probably won't answer..but favorite spots ?
Anywhere you can access the lake with little weeds will produce .

filetandrelease

« Reply #2391 on: Sep 05, 2012, 04:58 PM »

when the temps are right most any place will have fish cruzing in and out , sometimes you need to check a few spots to get into them

Lund one

« Reply #2392 on: Sep 05, 2012, 05:03 PM »
Thanks, I really appreciate the help.

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #2393 on: Sep 05, 2012, 06:18 PM »
sorry to hear dd...i have the exact same motor as you. when i saw the pic of your boat i thought that people will be coming over to say hey to me when they thought it was you. our boats are similar as well.  my motor is skipping a beat right now...maybe ethanol  so i will change the water seperator filter again but it sputters a little and then will run fine the rest of the day? darn motors...

i will see if i am kicked outta here permantly since my last post was taken out?  feeling like a lurker but my fishing experience on the little o has not been good the last few outings.   tight lines to ya

Try puttiing a can of "Sea Foam" in your gas. You can get it at any auto parts store ... even walmart. Pretty good stuff. Sometimes it does the trick.

Sorry about the boat DD. Been there, done that ... twice, just like you. I know it sucks and there's no cheap way out.

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #2394 on: Sep 06, 2012, 09:29 AM »
They are just money pits. Just fixed my lights and then the next trip out (yesterday) I busted a wheel bearing on the way home....Thats why I am glad I invested in a couple of fishing kayaks. That way if something doesnt work I can always still get out ;D Unless my arms decide not to work for some reason ::)
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

go-phillies

• THE HECK WITH WORKIN!! TIME FOR FISHIN!!!!!
« Reply #2395 on: Sep 06, 2012, 11:25 AM »
I have never used waders on Oneida ; I have always fished from shore or docks. I recently bought a pair to get out a bit further when necessary. Question...How do you keep your fish as there is nothing on the waders to attach a stringer or rope to.
thanks
tie that fish basket with the float attached around your neck  that way if you fall in your head will stay above water   LOL  RICK
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

Lund one

« Reply #2396 on: Sep 06, 2012, 01:19 PM »
Some information for those of you that hate to lose $8 Xraps or other stickbaits. I live on lake Ontario where it connects to the St Lawrence River and fish in the fall much like all of you do by shorecasting at night. Less fish but much bigger. And, no one else doing it. On to the point of my post..I get snagged a bunch because of the rocky nature of the lake which really sucks. Retying with a headlamp is not fun.. What I have begun using last fall is (3) 1 ounce sinkers on a large snap that is connected to another large snap. Hook the opposite snap to your line and get your rod tip as high as possible and then let the sinkers fall to the snagged lure. Jiggle 3 or 4 times and 9 times out of ten you get your lure back. Saved me a ton of sticks last year. I plan on utilizing this at Oneida this fall.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2397 on: Sep 06, 2012, 01:36 PM »

Theres one piece of re bar at oneida that got alot of my sticks over the years.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Lund one

« Reply #2398 on: Sep 06, 2012, 01:46 PM »
Re-bar sucks. That will be difficult to get off. Anyway, try it on rocks or wood. Works great !

xc600

• ADK
« Reply #2399 on: Sep 06, 2012, 01:56 PM »
That piece of  rebar ripped my stringer off my john boat one nite.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.