FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415200 times)

tonebea

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #2520 on: Sep 25, 2012, 08:54 AM »
Prety much everywhere gets some kind of a shallow bite in the fall...  Points, creek/river mouths, weed edges, bait...

Thanks. Looks like I'll have to keep on it.

Lund one

« Reply #2521 on: Sep 25, 2012, 09:12 AM »
I noticed most are saying the bite is best right at dusk and shortly thereafter. Do they bite well into the night or only right at dark ?

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #2522 on: Sep 25, 2012, 10:05 AM »
got out this morning at daybreak. ended up with 41 hog perch !!! ;D. I would have limited, but I ran out of bait. going back out in the a.m. water temp was 61. 15 fow.   later...

cnypanfisher

« Reply #2523 on: Sep 25, 2012, 10:56 AM »
got out this morning at daybreak. ended up with 41 hog perch !!! ;D. I would have limited, but I ran out of bait. going back out in the a.m. water temp was 61. 15 fow.   later...

Nice job, looks like it is time for some fishing.

cny

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #2524 on: Sep 25, 2012, 11:31 AM »
I noticed most are saying the bite is best right at dusk and shortly thereafter. Do they bite well into the night or only right at dark ?

Every night is different, some times they go all night or they come in big schools sporadically.  Dusk is defintely prime time though, as soon as you hit total darkenss seems to be the best.

Snagger, there will be plenty left for you, see you after mudshark season. I couldn't even break Dave free from carving up those things. 

shut up and fish

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #2525 on: Sep 25, 2012, 11:34 AM »

I may need to venture out there and try to find myself some of those. Lake Ontario bays havent started yet...
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

cnypanfisher

« Reply #2526 on: Sep 25, 2012, 03:05 PM »
By the way, thanks a lot Sully, now I can't seem to get any work done at all.

cny

coachwarner

« Reply #2527 on: Sep 25, 2012, 03:52 PM »
:thumbup_smilie: good job Sully!

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

hawkeye31

« Reply #2528 on: Sep 25, 2012, 04:00 PM »
Great job! Not that i want you to give up your spot but what end of the lake and shore are you fishing. I have a got a few off the Aero Marina point but not numbers like that. Thanks

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2529 on: Sep 25, 2012, 05:08 PM »

:thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #2530 on: Sep 25, 2012, 06:01 PM »

Ut-Oh!!

You got my attention with that one.

Sweeeeeeeet!

sunshine

« Reply #2531 on: Sep 25, 2012, 06:14 PM »

You had 82 perch eyes in the box! Lot of bait!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2532 on: Sep 25, 2012, 06:30 PM »
You had 82 perch eyes in the box! Lot of bait!
Good point sir  ;D

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2533 on: Sep 25, 2012, 08:32 PM »
I have also hammered the eyes late night.  From midnight on can be rediculous, but dusk is always usually a good bet as slamboney said.  Good luck
Nice job findin em

OTIS

« Reply #2534 on: Sep 26, 2012, 06:55 AM »

It seems to me that at dusk most spots on the lake get a quick flurry of hungry fish.  Then once the bite dies (it's usually a quick one) and it's dark, the fish come and go in schools.  Once in a while there will just be fish everywhere, but those days are very few and far between.  I usually hit one spot and fish until the schools move through.  However, there are other guys here that move from place to place in search of the hungry fish.  They tend to do MUCH better than I do.  But I have had many nights where I caught fish throughout the night and into the early morning.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.