FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414659 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #2610 on: Oct 01, 2012, 07:38 PM »
;D OH...forgot...the real high lite of Friday night was Spankies casting abilities....with the bail closed!!! ;D You explain Freddie!! ;D--KP 8)

The bail detent is getting worn out from heavy usage. It kept flipping closed on me when I went to cast. Man that is frustrating. Well, pretty friggen embarrising also. ???  Got another one KP!!

Braz315

« Reply #2611 on: Oct 01, 2012, 07:51 PM »
Anybody been getting out early AM to do some casting?  Was thinking about going tomorrow.  Have only been out at night so far this year, but evenings will be reserved for hunting for now.

coachwarner

« Reply #2612 on: Oct 01, 2012, 08:22 PM »
Fished sylvan beach. Fished about two hours, went 2 for 3. Both were keepers. Met up with Cicerofisher. Real nice guy. Post pics sometime tomorrow

We are waiting!!  ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2613 on: Oct 01, 2012, 08:27 PM »
Now that I think about it, Should have fished tonight after scouts. Weather is nice and baro. was under 30, but slowly rising. Next few days are gonna be busy with the lodge and little league. Only night to myself this week will be friday. :-\

coachwarner

« Reply #2614 on: Oct 01, 2012, 08:32 PM »
;D OH...forgot...the real high lite of Friday night was Spankies casting abilities....with the bail closed!!! ;D You explain Freddie!! ;D--KP 8)
That's why we usually have to fish into the wee hours of the night, 10 or 20 good cast's can take all night sometimes :w00t:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #2615 on: Oct 01, 2012, 09:18 PM »
That's why we usually have to fish into the wee hours of the night, 10 or 20 good cast's can take all night sometimes :w00t:
now that i think about it. spanky's reel was doing that in the spring when i took you guys out. if you guys want to get after some perch, let me know. it's just going to keep getting better until ice in. i'm going to keep the 14fter in until ice in.   sully...

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #2616 on: Oct 01, 2012, 11:21 PM »
The bail detent is getting worn out from heavy usage. It kept flipping closed on me when I went to cast. Man that is frustrating. Well, pretty friggen embarrising also. ???  Got another one KP!!

:rotflol:
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2617 on: Oct 01, 2012, 11:28 PM »
Took everything apart tonight, cleaned and lubed the entire real. Also went through all the guide wraps and chipped off all the cracking clearcoat, re-topped them all with my daughters "flexible clear nail polish",. She will probably be p!ssed at dad for using her expensive polish, but I find that it works great. Besides, mom buy's it for her anyways. ;D

Ready to go boys. Funny how Ol' FM gets picked on for his gear faltering, but his back up gear is always being used also. :P

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2618 on: Oct 01, 2012, 11:38 PM »
Cheif, check your PM, your # didn't work knucklehead. :o

filetandrelease

« Reply #2619 on: Oct 02, 2012, 05:03 AM »

well all i can say to that KP is , FM did land more fish and you and i missed a lot of strikes so that help FM out being out caught is fine but we can hold our heads up cause we cast with style and grace , he looked like we are trying to smack weeds of his lure , wonder what our next  excuse will be and as coach told me even a squirrel can find a nut once in awhile , got another one FM , and KP let him have some fun right now the ice monster is coming soon ,  :w00t:

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2620 on: Oct 02, 2012, 07:15 PM »
well all i can say to that KP is , FM did land more fish and you and i missed a lot of strikes so that help FM out being out caught is fine but we can hold our heads up cause we cast with style and grace , he looked like we are trying to smack weeds of his lure , wonder what our next  excuse will be and as coach told me even a squirrel can find a nut once in awhile , got another one FM , and KP let him have some fun right now the ice monster is coming soon ,  :w00t:
     :tipup:  :w00t:
Nice job findin em

KingPerch

« Reply #2621 on: Oct 02, 2012, 07:16 PM »
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: VERY entertaining though!!--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #2622 on: Oct 02, 2012, 07:17 PM »
Took everything apart tonight, cleaned and lubed the entire real. Also went through all the guide wraps and chipped off all the cracking clearcoat, re-topped them all with my daughters "flexible clear nail polish",. She will probably be p!ssed at dad for using her expensive polish, but I find that it works great. Besides, mom buy's it for her anyways. ;D

Ready to go boys. Funny how Ol' FM gets picked on for his gear faltering, but his back up gear is always being used also. :P
You sure it's your daughters Lance??? :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Hollywood

« Reply #2623 on: Oct 02, 2012, 07:41 PM »
Finally got my new place squared away enough to get out for a bit tonight. Had to look around a bit but found some staging at the bottom of a break waiting to slide up shallow at dark. Caught everything on sonars between 14-24' (they got shallower as it got later.... It's GOOD to be back  8)

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #2624 on: Oct 02, 2012, 08:08 PM »
Finally got my new place squared away enough to get out for a bit tonight. Had to look around a bit but found some staging at the bottom of a break waiting to slide up shallow at dark. Caught everything on sonars between 14-24' (they got shallower as it got later.... It's GOOD to be back  8)

Nice job Hollywood!
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.