FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414465 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #2745 on: Oct 12, 2012, 07:11 AM »
Pricked 8, battled 6, petted 5, and set 2 free last night.  Only my third trip of the year... sure was easier to get out every night back when I was unemployed...  All fish came on the black/silver Challenger Jr. minnow, cranked slow with pauses on the north shore of Oneida Lake.  Oh, was only out for about an hour... might have to try it again tonight. No pics this time... sorry.

Now everyone knows just what doesn't work on the north shore! Even gave up the wrong way to retrieve em. :o  I have a pretty good idea just were ya were, I was close, I think. ;D Good work jhirsche. Gotta run into ya one of these days.

I fished next to one dude last night that said he was from Pulaski.... Put the friggen boots to me and coach at our first stop. Limited out, said he was going home, then started traveling east on 49. Seems like the long way to get back home.... but hey, what do I know.

jhirsche

« Reply #2746 on: Oct 12, 2012, 07:25 AM »
Lance... we've chatted a few times, back when River Rat was open in Brewerton.  Probably didn't properly introduce myself... I keep to myself most times.  Didn't see anyone around where I was, unless you were fishing in the dark somewhere nearby. Oh, I was in a boat (but could have been standing in the water just as easily.)  Probably won't be traveling too far from home this fall... gas is just out of control these days.  Makes my Sylvan Beach trip an $8.50 expenditure when I live right on the lake anyway.... why leave fish to find fish, right?

Keep posting those pics... it feeds the soul!

Lund one

« Reply #2747 on: Oct 12, 2012, 07:36 AM »
Now everyone knows just what doesn't work on the north shore! Even gave up the wrong way to retrieve em. :o  I have a pretty good idea just were ya were, I was close, I think. ;D Good work jhirsche. Gotta run into ya one of these days.

I fished next to one dude last night that said he was from Pulaski.... Put the friggen boots to me and coach at our first stop. Limited out, said he was going home, then started traveling east on 49. Seems like the long way to get back home.... but hey, what do I know.
You ever hear of route 69 ? Thats probably what he was taking. I realize you own the whole lake and should tell people how to fish and what route to take. Heaven forbid some people fish and drive differently than you !

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2748 on: Oct 12, 2012, 07:41 AM »
Lance... we've chatted a few times, back when River Rat was open in Brewerton.  Probably didn't properly introduce myself... I keep to myself most times.  Didn't see anyone around where I was, unless you were fishing in the dark somewhere nearby. Oh, I was in a boat (but could have been standing in the water just as easily.)  Probably won't be traveling too far from home this fall... gas is just out of control these days.  Makes my Sylvan Beach trip an $8.50 expenditure when I live right on the lake anyway.... why leave fish to find fish, right?

Keep posting those pics... it feeds the soul!

Ahhh, I saw a couple guys fishing (wading), just west of us. Thought that might have been you.  Sorry I don't recall running into ya at the River Rat?  ??? My bad.

Hollywood

« Reply #2749 on: Oct 12, 2012, 07:45 AM »
You ever hear of route 69 ? Thats probably what he was taking. I realize you own the whole lake and should tell people how to fish and what route to take. Heaven forbid some people fish and drive differently than you !

I prefer route 68...  ;D

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2750 on: Oct 12, 2012, 07:45 AM »

Un called for. I have never acted or implied in any way what you just posted. Sorry if I came across to you that way. My bad.

Hollywood

« Reply #2751 on: Oct 12, 2012, 07:47 AM »
Un called for. I have never acted or implied in any way what you just posted. Sorry if I came across to you that way. My bad.

No apologies here, FM...good God, don't go getting "politically correct" on me...I prefer you the way you are!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2752 on: Oct 12, 2012, 09:05 AM »

Simply hilarious.... I still have a hard time believing that I now own the whole Oneida lake. Do I get a crown or atleast something? :o Time to give it a break....please.

Lund one

« Reply #2753 on: Oct 12, 2012, 09:08 AM »
Simply hilarious.... I still have a hard time believing that I now own the whole Oneida lake. Do I get a crown or atleast something? :o Time to give it a break....please.
I was amoungst the group that you asked to move closer to shore. Everyone there did really well catching them after you left without moving.

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #2754 on: Oct 12, 2012, 09:37 AM »
Dude, the majority of your posts are either giving people a hard time, or just plain rude. There are many great anglers on this site who are more than willing to share information on just about everything. If you are here to give people a hard time, you probably arent going to benefit from this website. You can lurk and "mooch" from others information but dont expect to make any friends on this site. Just my .02

Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

Lund one

« Reply #2755 on: Oct 12, 2012, 09:47 AM »
Dude, the majority of your posts are either giving people a hard time, or just plain rude. There are many great anglers on this site who are more than willing to share information on just about everything. If you are here to give people a hard time, you probably arent going to benefit from this website. You can lurk and "mooch" from others information but dont expect to make any friends on this site. Just my .02

Keep it. And you are right and that is precisely why another thread was created so we could just read about fishing reports until some of you sabotaged it and got it removed. Wading thru all of this missinformation is ok for all of you that are friends but some of us really just want to read about fishing. I really don't want to know about your leaf blowers, girlfriends, and friendship. That is why the other thread was made so we could leave all of you alone.

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #2756 on: Oct 12, 2012, 09:51 AM »
Bye, have a nice day. Go create another thread. " Oneida Lake Rookies Thread"
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

walleye1

« Reply #2757 on: Oct 12, 2012, 09:53 AM »
No apologies here, FM...good God, don't go getting "politically correct" on me...I prefer you the way you are!

Keeps the expectations low.  ;D

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2758 on: Oct 12, 2012, 09:53 AM »
I was amoungst the group that you asked to move closer to shore. Everyone there did really well catching them after you left without moving.
Wrong dude...I think.  I have never went to a fishing spot, and asked people to move. Not my style. If ya happened to be a member of the party that were standing on fish on the north shore when I simply walked by and commented that everyone is standing on fish, yes that would be me. I also left that area out of respect for the anglers that were fishing it.

walleye1

« Reply #2759 on: Oct 12, 2012, 10:30 AM »
Wrong dude...I think.  I have never went to a fishing spot, and asked people to move. Not my style. If ya happened to be a member of the party that were standing on fish on the north shore when I simply walked by and commented that everyone is standing on fish, yes that would be me. I also left that area out of respect for the anglers that were fishing it.

Were they getting in the way of the spotlight?  ;) ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.